It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous announces #Operation Britain

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Oh wow.

Some geek in his bedroom put the "British Voice" on his MS text-to-speech system and typed out a whole load of misguided twaddle from an amero-centric point of view and called on the people of Britain to unite.

Umm. I feel so inspired. I feel like saying... this.....

For christs sake.

Shut up.

Go back to playing WOW.

Nothing that happened in the UK in the last week was the fault of an "oppressive system of government" - it was about certain sections of society simply not giving a damn, and going out to get what they could.

And if "anonymous" (little a) succeeds in provoking more riots in the UK by encouraging similar to happen again on the 15th October, when the scum crawl back out of the rocks they have been hiding under to answer this "call to arms" and usurp another peaceful protest then who's hands will the potential blood and cost of the clean up be on?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by JennaDarling

So you would prefer the incompetence of the companies holding your infomation not be exposed... and things to carry on as business as usual...

I would prefer anon leave my private data alone, if they want to use me as a pawn peice in their war, If I ever find out who they are, I report them. Simple.

If they leave me out of it, I have nothing to report.

You remind me of pirates that try to justifty their actions, which is simply theft, stealing, with ideology.

It is nothing but an excuse.

edit on 15-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

they already know about you. and me. they don't need facebook LOL
edit on 15-8-2011 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Actually I am forcing nobody to adhere to what I am currently saying. You have your opinion, I have mine and that's ok. The only thing I am trying to explain to you is that maybe it sounds ridiculous to your hears but I believe that having social network wiped out wouldn't be such a bad thing. I think it is a bad habit that serves nothing else than satisfying the human personal curiosity in sacrifice of valuable data to the Powers That Be. One you will understand what I am talking about and will realize that these social network were for a pure benefit of the elite and from the beginning.

Good luck with social networking man

Thruthseek3r

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r

Actually I am forcing nobody to adhere to what I am currently saying. You have your opinion, I have mine and that's ok. The only thing I am trying to explain to you is that maybe it sounds ridiculous to your hears but I believe that having social network wiped out wouldn't be such a bad thing. I think it is a bad habit that serves nothing else than satisfying the human personal curiosity in sacrifice of valudata to the Powers That Be. One you will understand what I am talking about and will realize that these social network were for a pure benefit of the elite and from the beginning.

Good luck with social networking man

Thruthseek3r

I am fully aware of what social networks are I dont need a lecture on it.

I publish what I want published, that is my choice. I expect governments to mine that data, otherwise what kind of governments would they be. if they want to cut off the network, that is something they will do anyway, And Anon via DDOS's doing that job for them too.

I resisted them for years, only recently signed up, I am fully conscious of what I publish, I use it as a tool and nothing more; I dont put my life on it. Big deal.

All my HDs are fully encrypted, I have had police raid my computers before, so what.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

No blame, no shame so please just calm down. You seems to get angry by what I am telling you aren't you? The thing is I am trying to explain my view. I do not really care what you do about what I say because in the end I do not consider that I have the absolute truth, ain't no such thing as this at all. The only thing is I am a (let's call it a fan of conspiracy theories) and I do believe the Facebook is one, as so many have been in history and so many right now, etc. I am only telling you that in my opinion social networks have cons than pros (personal of course) so it wouldn't bother me if it were to be gone.

Sadly, my friend, many of the masses consider this website as toy with no harm done them (big corporations and C.I.A. not involved it is IMPOSSIBLE!!! (in their mind of course) ) and life is great ... Well these people simply do not recognize the evidence behind the machine which is the website and further than that, they will deny it to their last breath because of pride and because they do not want to quit for whatever reason it would be (be it addiction, many friends, the games, etc).

If you are aware of all this, with all the respect that I have for all ATSers here,then good I consider my job is done. No meant to harm nor project negativity inside your mind, only inform you factually and the less biased as possible, this what I am up to

Thruthseek3r

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r

No blame, no shame so please just calm down. You seems to get angry by what I am telling you aren't you? The thing is I am trying to explain my view. I do not really care what you do about what I say because in the end I do not consider that I have the absolute truth, ain't no such thing as this at all. The only thing is I am a (let's call it a fan of conspiracy theories) and I do believe the Facebook is one, as so many have been in history and so many right now, etc. I am only telling you that in my opinion social networks have cons than pros (personal of course) so it wouldn't bother me if it were to be gone.

Sadly, my friend, many of the masses consider this website as toy with no harm done them (big corporations and C.I.A. not involved it is IMPOSSIBLE!!! (in their mind of course) ) and life is great ... Well these people simply do not recognize the evidence behind the machine which is the website and further than that, they will deny it to their last breath because of pride and because they do not want to quit for whatever reason it would be (be it addiction, many friends, the games, etc).

If you are aware of all this, with all the respect that I have for all ATSers here,then good I consider my job is done. No meant to harm nor project negativity inside your mind, only inform you factually and the less biased as possible, this what I am up to

Thruthseek3r

If Anon really are doing what they are doing for Ideology, then they can do it without trampling over the common people, such as myself.

There is ways to do that, and get the same effect, without walking over them then crying "oh oh but your data wasnt private anyway, so we stole it, seee".

The current tactics they are using are not helping, infact, it is making it worse.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Get your act together, or don't do it at all. Again, leave the common people out of it. I have seen hacker wars before, all ideology as a flag of convience, when the crunch comes, they are just thieves and vandals and rioters. I find it sick they "hijack" ideology of privacy and more that people in other countries have DIED FOR, yet they use that as a flag of convience. I can handle my own privacy, I don't need anon to "liberate" me.

These faceless corporations exist only because of the economic support of the common people. By revealing their methods of operation and damaging consumer confidence in them you are making them sit up and listen.
If we keep doing things the same old ways we will always live in the same old world, until we do not have a world to live in...
You cannot handle your own privacy if you could your details would not have been posted online. You gave your trust to a company to do this and they failed.
Maybe instead of blaming Anon you should blame the American Government, it is them that first used credit card companies as a cyber wepon in weak attempt to to strangle Wikileaks. If you can understand that companies like Mastercard and Visa are wepons you should be able to understand why they have now become a target...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Get your act together, or don't do it at all. Again, leave the common people out of it. I have seen hacker wars before, all ideology as a flag of convience, when the crunch comes, they are just thieves and vandals and rioters. I find it sick they "hijack" ideology of privacy and more that people in other countries have DIED FOR, yet they use that as a flag of convience. I can handle my own privacy, I don't need anon to "liberate" me.

These faceless corporations exist only because of the economic support of the common people. By revealing their methods of operation and damaging consumer confidence in them you are making them sit up and listen.
If we keep doing things the same old ways we will always live in the same old world, until we do not have a world to live in...
You cannot handle your own privacy if you could your details would not have been posted online. You gave your trust to a company to do this and they failed.
Maybe instead of blaming Anon you should blame the American Government, it is them that first used credit card companies as a cyber wepon in weak attempt to to strangle Wikileaks. If you can understand that companies like Mastercard and Visa are wepons you should be able to understand why they have now become a target...

And when they steal and abuse your credit cards, or worse, your viewpoint suddennly changes from the "yeah theyre cooll woohoo, it doesnt affect me" becomes "nooo! it happened to me".

I dont need lectures on what companies have do or what government has or does.

Again I have had my computers taken by the police, two embassies involved (yes no #ting) and been probably in situations you describe regarding privacy and rights, however that does not mean I want Anon to come along and play with it.

We know they started attacking back, payment processors in response to wiki leaks, but now that is history, it is no longer about that, they are now doing what we call NATO out against, MISSION CREEP.

Suddenely they are now taking people's data, publishing it and using it. That is no way to fight privacy and rights, or lack there off.

By taking their logic and using it in the physical world I can walk into a fittness center, force open some lockers, steal some credit cards and then get away with it because it is "OK" as I was just defending your privacy, wise up.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

post by JennaDarling
I expect governments to mine that data, otherwise what kind of governments would they be.

A Government that respects its citizens privacy perhaps , I know it sounds like an alien concept but Governments need to remember that they are elected to serve the people , not the other way round .

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Nothing that happened in the UK in the last week was the fault of an "oppressive system of government" - it was about certain sections of society simply not giving a damn, and going out to get what they could.

No Sir you have errored in your thinking... It is the fault of an oppressive government and the boys on blue (aka forces loyal to David Cameron)

A riot is the language of the unheard - Matin L King...

The incident started after the police shot and killed a man who did not have a gun drawn. That in my eyes is murder. There have been 333 deaths in police custody since 1998 and not one police conviction.

Yorkshire quaint little place I spent two years working there.. Tell me have ever lived on a mega council estate in London. Have you ever worked in an inner city school . Have you got any idea about your tapping about...
This is not about peeps not giving a dam. It is about people with no hope being pushed too far...
The areas were peeps have nothing. Little education, no job prospects, no future and in many cases constant harasment from the police.
If you mix rich and poor peeps together and you have this level of disparity in wealth this is going to happen.
They are kids, kids with little future they can see for themselves.
The problem is a society which values products and profit over people, and possesions over humanity.
If peeps cared they would do something about it. Become a mentor, or a youth worker. You dont know what this kids go through until you walk a mile in their shoes. Or else we can call them looters and criminals because in doing so you dont have to address these issues...

Property is always replaceable, human life is not..!

And if "anonymous" (little a) succeeds in provoking more riots in the UK by encouraging similar to happen again on the 15th October, when the scum crawl back out of the rocks they have been hiding under to answer this "call to arms" and usurp another peaceful protest then who's hands will the potential blood and cost of the clean up be on?

Oh please, dont play the cost card. Would you like to compare the cost of the English Riots to the cost of the bank bailouts.. As for potential blood let us hope there is no more. But again I would state that governmental socio polical policies have a major role to play..
Refrain from calling Anon scum, it is verging hate speech, something not tolerated on ATS,,. There are many Anon that use this site and such speech is demeaning..

Umm. I feel so inspired. I feel like saying... this..... For christs sake. Shut up. Go back to playing WOW.

Further ATS prides itself on manners.. Telling peeps to shut up is not really in remit is it now.. Nor is making blasphemous statements..
Maybe the peep that made the video is a wow player and so what.. peeps do all sorts of different things on the internet some make videos, some dox, some ddos, some are mods it takes all sorts really... There is no need to belittle people..

I shall finish on a light note from Howard Zinn....

Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience. Our problem is that people all over the world have obeyed the dictates of leaders and millions have been killed because of this obedience. Our problem is that people are obedient all over the world in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war and cruelty. Our problem is that people are obedient while the jails are full of petty thieves and the grand thieves are running the country. That’s our problem."

best wishes..

me..kx)
edit on 15-8-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Listen, all the personal stuff that's been stolen and released - it was really sitting there in an open box with the lid wide open.

It was probably best it was stolen, because at least then it becomes public knowledge. The alternative was all those people using their sony playstation passwords on their bank accounts and paypal accounts wondering how they got hacked and never bothering to change it anywhere else.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Tell me have ever lived on a mega council estate in London. Have you ever worked in an inner city school . Have you got any idea about your tapping about...

Well it just so happens I've spent most of my life in and around places like Toxteth, Hulme and Moss Side. Just because I live in Yorkshire now (incidentally, I work in a quaint little City called Bradford - you may have heard of it if you follow the history of rioting perhaps?) doesn't mean I don't know about inner city life.

As it happens, I come from a particularly disadvantaged background. Oddly, I've never felt compelled to kill a 68 year old man, drive a car into three people and kill them, burn down peoples business and homes and smash open shops and loot them for trainers, booze, cigarettes and plasma tellys.

This is not about peeps not giving a dam. It is about people with no hope being pushed too far...
The areas were peeps have nothing. Little education, no job prospects, no future and in many cases constant harasment from the police.
If you mix rich and poor peeps together and you have this level of disparity in wealth this is going to happen.
They are kids, kids with little future they can see for themselves.
The problem is a society which values products and profit over people, and possesions over humanity.
If peeps cared they would do something about it. Become a mentor, or a youth worker. You dont know what this kids go through until you walk a mile in their shoes. Or else we can call them looters and criminals because in doing so you dont have to address these issues...

Property is always replaceable, human life is not..!

Really? Funny that. Murdering people, nicking something out a shop and burning businesses and homes down.... yeah... that's the cry of the oppressed isn't it? What was that? Property is replaceable and human lives aren't? Tell that to the families of the people who have been killed in the riots?

Refrain from calling Anon scum, it is verging hate speech, something not tolerated on ATS, There are many Anon that use this site and such speech is demeaning..

I didn't refer to anonymous (small "a") as scum. I referred to the rioters as scum. Oddly, that's because they are scum, in my opinion, and in the opinion of probably 99% of the people in the UK

Umm. I feel so inspired. I feel like saying... this..... For christs sake. Shut up. Go back to playing WOW.
Further ATS prides itself on manners.. Telling peeps to shut up is not really in remit is it now.. Nor is making blasphemous statements..

Its in remit as an opinion, which is what I expressed.

Maybe the peep that made the video is a wow player and so what.. peeps do all sorts of different things on the internet some make videos, some dox, some ddos, some are mods it takes all sorts really... There is no need to belittle people..

Yeah? I play WOW - have done since it first was released in the UK - they should go back to playing it - oddly I'm a moderator on a website, and I make videos too. Sounds like I'm more than qualified to comment with my opinion.

I shall finish on a quote by neformore

People protest with petitions, peaceful marches, placards, slogans and making points in a civilised manner. You don't protest against a government by murdering innocents, burning down peoples homes and nicking bottles of wine, trainers and anything you can get your hands on.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Listen, all the personal stuff that's been stolen and released - it was really sitting there in an open box with the lid wide open.

It was probably best it was stolen, because at least then it becomes public knowledge. The alternative was all those people using their sony playstation passwords on their bank accounts and paypal accounts wondering how they got hacked and never bothering to change it anywhere else.

I saw a wallet in an open locker in the fitness center the other day, it was just sitting there in an open box with the door wide open.

It was probably best it was stolen, because at least then it becomes public knowledge.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Thanks for being the spokesman of the whole country.

it means a lot. Not only are you speaking for me (and saving me the hassle of typing my own words) but you're speaking for my friends, my family, my neighbours, my community, my town, my county and my country.

All hail Neformore.

And as another member said : No need to belittle people. I bet it's nice being a mod and having the power to ban / remove posts / insult people.

--

You claim to be British, but your attitude stinks of ignorance. You may claim there's no poverty, but i've seen it. You may claim there's no strife or trouble, but i've seen it.

People REALLY DO need to rise against the powers that manipulate us. We live in a society ruled by class, corporations and distraction.
edit on 15-8-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Thanks for being the spokesman of the whole country.

Hey! You're welcome

it means a lot. Not only are you speaking for me (and saving me the hassle of typing my own words) but you're speaking for my friends, my family, my neighbours, my community, my town, my county and my country.

All hail Neformore.

Nope. I'm putting forward MY opinion. I wouldn't deign to speak for the whole country, although, as I said above, I think 99% of it thinks the same way.

And as another member said : No need to belittle people. I bet it's nice being a mod and having the power to ban / remove posts / insult people.

YAWN. Mod card. Oh dear...quick... alert the world .... a moderator has an opinion.

You claim to be British, but your attitude stinks of ignorance.

No, I don't claim to be British, I am British.

You may claim there's no poverty, but i've seen it. You may claim there's no strife or trouble, but i've seen it.

And herein lies an interesting issue... tell me when I've said any of those things. Quote me. Reference me.

People REALLY DO need to rise against the powers that manipulate us. We live in a society ruled by class, corporations and distraction.

Maybe they do, and maybe we are..... but that's got nothing to do with what happened in my country last week. It's just an excuse put forward by those seeking to deflect the blame.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm sorry neformore, but your unsavoury terminology of 'geeks' and your brutish assumptions that anyone associated with anonymous is a geek is a little immature.

Grow up.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Geek

Oddly, it has many meanings. Me, I'm an aviation geek, a WOW geek, a music geek and a radio geek.

Its only bad if you choose it to be.

For instance...

A person who is interested in technology, especially computing and new media. Geeks are adept with computers, and use the term hacker in a positive way, though not all are hackers themselves.

If you choose to take offence, then sorry, but that's your choice.

Me, I like Geek Chic.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Nice defence.

You're forgiven.

In all seriousness. I'm sorry I took it out on you. But you must see it yourself - half-arsed insults at people who stand for something other than the common norm.

Anon are not celebrating the arseholes who commited the idiocy of the riots, but they are standing for the good people.

C'mon dude. Let's agree on something?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Operation Facebook is not a real Anonymous operation. They do not support it, are discouraging it.....

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

true Operation Facebook IS FAKE!!!! no support by the mass of anonymous!!! dont shoot the messanger...

OPBritain is real!

same with OPBart

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join