It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous announces #Operation Britain

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I guess many peeps here saw this one coming... Anon are clambering aboard the wake of the recent protests in the UK...

"The riots that we have witnessed over the last week, whilst violent and misguided, are a product of decades of neglect inflicted on your country by various governments. We do not condone mindless thuggery, but that does not stop us from seeing the reality behind it," it said in its statement released this weekend.

2ndrevolt.com...

and more to the point...

Since the riots there has been a lot of talk about the apparent need to censor social networking web sites or to shut down messenging services, and even videogames have been blamed for scenes of looting. Anonymous said that the Government would use the events to increase the grasp of its iron fist, which Anonymous opposes

These protest are both analog and digital in nature with an analog peaceful protest being organised for Saturday October 15th 2011..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22a15f5db563.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

While I support anon fighting against government and companies FOR the behalf of freedom and the COMMON PEOPLE.

I DO NOT support them stealing, releasing the COMMON PEOPLE's private information and then use the flag of of freedom to justify it. Opening up freedom does not mean publishing / stealing personal information. The people don't want that out there.

There is a line, don't cross it.

Attack the common people and you lose support. An attack on facebook is an attack on the common people.

edit on 15-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

If it is that easy to get hold of information do you not think Anon are doing a service by exposing this. Would you rather Anon published the info of the info was used by criminals.Databases are often compromised, the peeps that store this info do a very bad job of it.. Such action exposes this...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

If it is that easy to get hold of information do you not think Anon are doing a service by exposing this. Would you rather Anon published the info of the info was used by criminals.Databases are often compromised, the peeps that store this info do a very bad job of it.. Such action exposes this...

yes it is, regardless of who does it, that is a line that I don't want crossed.

It is an attack on me, by them and thus they lose my support.

Never attack your support base. The PIRA learnt that greatly, and thus they could disappear into communities very easily. However then they turned on their communities (beatings and shootings), they lost their support.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I saw them announce Operation Facebook too.
I didn't post that.
Maybe i should, does ats really take them seriously?

www.businessinsider.com...#ixzz1UYMfPaG8

Operation Facebook DATE: November 5, 2011. TARGET: facebook.com... Press: Twitter : twitter.com... piratepad.net... Irc.Anonops.Li #OpFaceBook

edit on 15-8-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

And the end result of all these operations?

According to one tipster, Facebook would not be "destroyed," per se. What's more likely to happen is a DDoS (denial of service) attack on Facebook which could, if successful, prevent users from reaching the site for anywhere from minutes to hours.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

So you would prefer the incompetence of the companies holding your infomation not be exposed... and things to carry on as business as usual...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

I think someone has already posted Operation Facebook. I know next to nothing about it..
Soz...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

So you would prefer the incompetence of the companies holding your infomation not be exposed... and things to carry on as business as usual...

I would prefer anon leave my private data alone, if they want to use me as a pawn peice in their war, If I ever find out who they are, I report them. Simple.

If they leave me out of it, I have nothing to report.

You remind me of pirates that try to justifty their actions, which is simply theft, stealing, with ideology.

It is nothing but an excuse.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

post by JennaDarling
Attack the common people and you lose support. An attack on facebook is an attack on the common people.

The attack on facebook is against the data mining owners , not the common people .
As someone who hates facebook and all it stands for I hope November 5th is a big success

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

post by JennaDarling

The attack on facebook is against the data mining owners , not the common people .
As someone who hates facebook and all it stands for I hope November 5th is a big success

I was caught up in a Lulzsec attack on a service I paid for, I do not like it one bit.

We found out that they where actually customers of that service themselves, needless to say, they got their own "personal information" reported to that company, they had more information published about them , their families and their own lives than they took of ours.

This will turn into a messy hacker war then all moralls are thrown out the window as the kiddies start throwing dirt about and hammering down sites with DDoS and defacements. I have seen the wars before.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I would prefer anon leave my private data alone, if they want to use me as a pawn peice in their war, If I ever find out who they are, I report them. Simple.

If someone was holding my information I would like to know if that information is secure. If is not secure I would prefer that it was exposed by Anon than used by criminal elements...
Anon recently hacked into law enforcement database and released names and addresses of many of the peeps that tipped off Anon users to the police.
Personally I would not report them. I think they are doing a service...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

If someone was holding my information I would like to know if that information is secure. If is not secure I would prefer that it was exposed by Anon than used by criminal elements...
Anon recently hacked into law enforcement database and released names and addresses of many of the peeps that tipped off Anon users to the police.
Personally I would not report them. I think they are doing a service...

They done me no service, infact they cost me more for my service that I was denied, they cost me time in cancelling Credit Cards, they cost me.

They can do what they "say" they want to do, WITHOUT involving the common people. You think they care about your rights? They never leave empty handed from any of their attacks, some of the card info they stole in the post, HAS BEEN USED. How is that helping people? It costs them in many ways.

There is a line, that will remove MY support. Don't cross it.

All the justification in the world will not sway me to the fact that they are attacking ME via my personal details. I do not want Anon to "liberate" me from my details.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

The thing is it is actually not your private data. Facebook is C.I.A. it was mentioned many times before, the plan was to get as much information as possible on the maximum amount of people. Facebook, Social networks, and so on are a big barrier to our privacy instead of giving us some. The fact that Facebook would be destroy in my honest opinion would first be good for the many still blind behind what it is (useful for agencies and many big corporations) even how bad they find it is. Never forget that in any revolutions there is bad effect and negative aspect to it but for a better future. So I think that greater future will be without Facebook.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r

The thing is it is actually not your private data. Facebook is C.I.A. it was mentioned many times before, the plan was to get as much information as possible on the maximum amount of people. Facebook, Social networks, and so on are a big barrier to our privacy instead of giving us some. The fact that Facebook would be destroy in my honest opinion would first be good for the many still blind behind what it is (useful for agencies and many big corporations) even how bad they find it is. Never forget that in any revolutions there is bad effect and negative aspect to it but for a better future. So I think that greater future will be without Facebook.

Thruthseek3r

Fine, the government can have it, they have it anyway.

I just don't want Anon to have it.

Are you trying to force me into accepting Anon's (and your) justifications?

Not working.

Show me the dotted line where we get more internet control
I will sign it if Anon continue to "liberate" me in the way they are doing it.

Change tactics Anon, or die.

By attacking Me and the common people, we will ask the government for a solution as Anon cannot be responsible in acting in a civilised manner in the current technology. So lets enforce it.

Fine., bite me.

They just walked right into the governments hands. Useful idiots.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

post by JennaDarling
They never leave empty handed from any of their attacks, some of the card info they stole in the post, HAS BEEN USED. How is that helping people? It costs them in many ways.

Accusations are easily made , can you post proof of that ?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I agree that it is easy for criminals to gt that info, but you have to remember that with the past Anon attacks there have been subsequent reports that peoples personal ad fiancial info had been taken as well (this was most recently reported in the attacks on the Police departments nation wide)

I guess there isnt mch in the way of stopping them so hopefully (if this trend continues) people will wise up and stop supporting them.

(sorry but i link this page with every topic i take part in that involves Anon because it best represents my feelings on the matter;

ATS content
and i will add this one because it is also relevant;
more ATS content)

I truly cant say wether Anon is good or bad but i like to make people think more about rather than just jump on the bandwagon.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

post by JennaDarling
They never leave empty handed from any of their attacks, some of the card info they stole in the post, HAS BEEN USED. How is that helping people? It costs them in many ways.

Accusations are easily made , can you post proof of that ?

yes my own account, and no I will not post my account details.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
only thing that is weird is that doesn't sound like the computer voice that is used in the normal text-to-speech application. It also sounds like it took breath's at several points in the monologue.. very odd.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Although I stick to my original point. I am sorry hear your card details were used. Please dont judge an entire group by the action of a few. You get a criminal element in all aspects of society. Most peeps that are doing Anon OPs are trying to leave the world a better place, not make it worse...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Although I stick to my original point. I am sorry hear your card details were used. Please dont judge an entire group by the action of a few. You get a criminal element in all aspects of society. Most peeps that are doing Anon OPs are trying to leave the world a better place, not make it worse...

Get your act together, or don't do it at all.

Again, leave the common people out of it.

I have seen hacker wars before, all ideology as a flag of convience, when the crunch comes, they are just thieves and vandals and rioters.

I find it sick they "hijack" ideology of privacy and more that people in other countries have DIED FOR, yet they use that as a flag of convience.

I can handle my own privacy, I don't need anon to "liberate" me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join