It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous supporters, why is it ok...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I understand they have good ideas, and do good things. The world doesn't see the good once something not so good occurs. In the army I was told that "If you suck one thing, you will be a thing-sucker all your life"
This is a metaphor truly having nothing to do with homosexuality. It means that no matter how many good things you do, you will be remembered only for the bad. Now that I have been convicted of distribution of marijuana, I will be considered a drug dealer all my life, even thought that is not, nor has ever been the truth...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMar

Well, I am one of those many supporters, and I say we fight fire with fire. We have an out of control government, fascist "peace officers" tasering and beating people, attempted gun grabs every month or so, and Washington pundits doing everything they can to cut "entitlements" (read that as "pay checks") while lining their pockets with Big Oil and Big Pharm money, while the Southern Border leaks like a sieve and lawyers and banker run our once fair country. I say more power to them.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
These hackivists are just another form of extremism that needs public castration, not adoration.

In the end, after every news story they bust into, they only gain notoriety for themselves and further the march towards internet censorship. Don't take my word for it, examine their history. Ask yourself if the big fat zero in the "did they change anything" category ever got a number added to it.

If they were really what they claimed to be they would anonymously supply the information to news medias and never attach their group to its disclosure.

In fact if they were truly "Anonymous" we would never know or have the need to know that their group exists.

No sheeple required.

No need for mindless adoring fans who they let pretend to be hackers with supplied flawed tools so they get carted off to jail.

If it was all about the "power" they possess, there would be no need for amateur ad campaigns involving movie masks and canned youtube clips with cheesey synthesized monotoned voices or them black and white ink blotter cartoon banners that scream out for attention.

Why does Anonymous desperately need publicity? Why do they create their image to be something dark and spooky? Shouldn't their image be rainbows and flowers with lines of people holding hands if they are the champions of good vs evil?
Hahahaha, this is too easy.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thanks for the reply, this is an answer I was looking for. So now I would ask, how far is too far? Would it be ok if a group of people decided to start vandalizing public buildings in the name of fighting corruption? Would you be willing to put yourself out there for this type of action?

Of course there is a difference between ddos'ing a website and vandalizing buildings, but if people aren't being directly harmed, what makes one ok and the other not?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I don't mean to sound as though I am condemning anything Anonymous has done. If they have made mistakes, so be it; we all have. I also see the corruption in the world, and the hopelessness of those who have or will inherit it. My comments are only meant to express my thoughts about trying to stay out of trouble. This will follow you forever. Lucky for me, when I went to prison I was already 40 years old, and had never even had so much as a moving violation. I wasn't innocent, don't get me wrong; but I wasn't a dealer either, nor have I ever been. At 40 years of age they put me in the "old man's dorm" with non-violent people. If you go when you're young, you will be there with the gang-bangers and "sissies". The sissies (homo-sexuals) run the camp, and they have control over your life. If a sissie wants you to be attacked, you will be attacked, generally by ten or twelve inmates at a time. It is not the life you want to live. They like the young white guys with smooth skin and white teeth the best.
Just trying to help guys, that's all. Be safe...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
You don't actually believe that Anonymous is a group that isn't completely and utterly controlled by a government agency do you?

The movie came out, based on the comic, and suddenly Anonymous exists. Poof.

Silly silly people.

Here is how it works. I plant the idea, then I as an operative work to staff my cell -structure group with people who have the skills I like. Then I get them to do things that I and my agency can't do legally. The same way that a police agency can't do certain things, but if a bounty hunter happens to then it is okay. Arm's length intervention.

I'm sure that most of the people involved truly believe they are doing something real. Muppets.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I am the THREAD KILLA!

Watch the burial begin! Time to read the last rights.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I am the THREAD KILLA!

Watch the burial begin! Time to read the last rights.

Congratulations, I guess

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
"I love you, and because I love you, I would rather have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." -Pietro Aretino

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
"You say that you love rain, but you open your umbrella when it rains. You say that you love the sun, but you find a shadow spot when the sun shines. You say that you love the wind, but you close your windows when wind blows. This is why I am afraid, you say that you love me too." -- William Shakespeare

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar
"You say that you love rain, but you open your umbrella when it rains. You say that you love the sun, but you find a shadow spot when the sun shines. You say that you love the wind, but you close your windows when wind blows. This is why I am afraid, you say that you love me too." -- William Shakespeare

Ah, then rest assured. Though I'm redheaded and fairskinned, I'll stand in the sun until I fry to do something important. Even when I carry an umbrella, I'll usually let the rain fall on me because I like the feeling of being connected to the Earth. When the wind blows, I open my windows wide to let the fresh air rush in faster and only stop when the ice prevents me from opening the window.

The makers of Anonymous could due with a quote too:
"Be careful who you pretend to be, because that's who you are." -Vonnegut

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by DelMar

Ah, then rest assured. Though I'm redheaded and fairskinned, I'll stand in the sun until I fry to do something important. Even when I carry an umbrella, I'll usually let the rain fall on me because I like the feeling of being connected to the Earth. When the wind blows, I open my windows wide to let the fresh air rush in faster and only stop when the ice prevents me from opening the window.

The makers of Anonymous could due with a quote too:
"Be careful who you pretend to be, because that's who you are." -Vonnegut

Well done!

edit on 8/15/2011 by DelMar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalControl
The problem here is that anon does not partake in violent protest, and as such your example is pointless.
Anon would not burn down a police station, that goes against everything they stand for.
Do some more research on anon, it doesn't seem you understand their intentions in the least.

Could you please educate all of us on their nobel intentions???

And please don't tell us to go "research" it...that is as good as saying you really have no clue what you are talking about.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I don't really understand when groups or people break the law in order to "protest" something they are against.

To me it almost seems like all these groups like "anon" and the like are fronts for political organizations to push forward an agenda of control. As breaking the law and showing law enforcement that you are way more advanced in capabilities than them is a perfect recipe to bring about a control mechanism to put the authorities and these "hacker groups" on even ground.

But I stand by one of my earlier post about the purpose of all this is so groups like anon and lolz sec are so they will have free reign of the Internet as then they will be able to cause all kinds of mayhem through zombie computers and hang those people out to dry.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Timing because: clalrification

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I neither support, nor condemn Anonymous (and I am not a hater of the 'authorities' either), but's let's look at another scenario as shown above (Cops beat guy to death) and look at some things that can and do happen:

Cops beat guy to death.

The 'security camera' for that area/dashboard cam is mysteriously not in service at that time. All the others work fine, just not those ones... However, some bystanders caught it on their cellphones. The police 'arrest' the people filming due to some trumped up charge (that doesn't actually make it to court because it's completely bogus) because they don't like being filmed - because "If you have nothing to hide, you won't have a problem with it" right? At least that's the line the police use when doing an illegal stop/search/seizure.

The cops tell a story that seems somewhat credible to their superiors, and all is well.
Someone goes to the police station to get a complaint form. They arrest that person on a trumped up charge because they refuse to give their identity to the desk sergeant - although they should, by law, present the form when asked.

The video makes it's way to YouTube, and the cops are suddenly under the microscope. The news gets wind of it. The local police chief (suddenly called to do something) tells everyone on the news how terrible this is and the 'bad' cops are put on leave with full pay "pending an investigation." Nobody gets to hear what happened in the investigation.

In the meantime, the family of the guy who died is seeking some kind of justice. A laundry list of how terrible a person the victim was is circulated to the right media, and the issue is ignored because 'he wasn't a very nice guy.' He had it coming, right?

The 'bad' police return to duty.

Nobody goes to jail other than those who dared to stand up to the cops by filming their actions or threatening a complaint.

A protest is organised. It's headed off at a nearby crossroads, and the people protesting are filmed by the police. They are then arrested and/or beaten....then released, with a lovely file on them staying at the police station. They can then be harassed at will at the whim of the police.

Nobody goes to jail except those who dared to protest against the police.

The media is given instructions to show the protesters as the villains. If they don't, the press are harassed/beaten/arrested.

All of these scenarios have occurred. Maybe not all on the same case, but they are not isolated cases.

The alternative is that a 'message' is sent to the police via the internet showing that they are being watched, their actions are known, and they are powerless to stop the attack. Seems to me that this one gets the message across without giving any opportunity for the police to do any of the above arbitrary violence/arrests.

Again, I'm not taking sides here. I'm merely showing that one form of protest seems to work, and another (by reason of it being manipulated) doesn't. It just serves to give the police more bogus power.

One is completely without violence, and the other ends with blood. It's just a case of how you like your coffee. Do you prefer lots of people to have police records, scars, and give riot police an excuse to hit people unnecessarily, or do you prefer to have the message said without violence. Is it illegal? Yes. So are many of the actions of the police.

I don't hate the police. I think many of them do a great job of protecting and serving the people. Some are bad eggs, and they give the police a bad reputation. It's these guys that Anonymous are going after. Do you want everyone to just let it happen, or do you want your entire police force to be above such actions and to protect and serve you. Ask yourself: Are all of the police in your city beyond any form of illegal behavior? If the answer is yes, you are most fortunate.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join