It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul - Michelle Bachmann----Conspiracy to Smear Ron Paul's R3Loveolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So I've been reading articles about Ron Paul lately and it seems the mainstread media is intent on clouding his campaign. Take the opening line from the Huff Post today,

"Ron Paul, once seen as a fringe candidate and a nuisance to the establishment....."

Granted the article vaguely defends Paul's rising fame (nothing new to us at ATS though). But something that bothers me is lines like this, which I've seen variations on in a few other articles,

"In previous presidential campaigns, we might have chalked extreme fringe-type candidates like Michele Bachmann and Ron Paul as an anomaly..."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Ok lets get down to the conspiracy. Here it is in a nutshell. Michelle Bachmann is a nut job and shes SUPPOSED to be seen as a nut job. She's a red herring designed to take down any honest, electable candidates who may actually change the staus quo. It works like this: Attach Bachmann's name to any article containing Ron Paul's name. Blur the line between Bachmann's Nazi-craziness and Ron Pauls reduce-the-government ideas. Both are "on the fringe" but in entirely different ways. The conspiracy is to connect the two in our minds so we equate Bachmann with Ron Paul.

Its very slimy and tricksy to mention their names together, especially in the age of internet searches. The more times their names are in the same article the more times they'll come up together when searching "Ron Paul". Because the main news sites like Yahoo, CNN and Fox come up first in search engines all that people see is the Bachmann-Paul connection, not Paul's true politics. This is a scheme to confuse and distract

Its a classic political trick made much easier by the MSM's complete lack of integrity. You know a politician is beat when they resort to confusion and distraction instead of their usual mud slinging and empty platitudes. They need to confuse us about Ron Paul because he poses a legitimate threat to the corporate-banking-military hegemony.

I've also heard crazy things from people when I talk about Ron Paul:

"Ron Paul wants to get rid of paper money."
"He wants to destroy the economy"
"His crazy son ruins Ron Paul for me"
"Hes ok with terrorism."

I'm also kind of piggy backing on Drew1749's thread here where he mentions that CNN analyzes the straw poll. Going from #1 to #3, 4, 5 and so on skipping the analysis of the good Dr Paul. This level of ridiculousness reminds me of Monty Python's holy hand grenade, "One....two....four!" "Three sir." "Three!"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So lets stay vigilant on this one. Lets destroy the link the MSM is trying to bridge between Bachmann and Paul.

Also, if you've heard false quotes about Ron Paul post them here and we can help each other out with how to respond in a way that doesn't further misinformation and do the MSM's job for them

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I don't see why they would bother focusing any energy on trying to discredit Paul at this point. He's not doing very well in the National polls and even Sarah Palin is polling higher than him.

No need to shoot a dead horse.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I got to say I have watched everyone nag, bellyache, curse, and all around bash this guy for as long as this guy caught my attention with his congressional nickname,"Dr No." He has stood against his own party when it violated the spirit of the Constitution. Everything that has been leveled against this guy to defame and destroy his name has failed for the simple reason, you cannot change the truth. His character and reputation are 1 and the same.
I see kro32 still gets his info from the DNC website.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Bachmann former IRS agent is a complete COINTELPRO operative put in to discredit the TP, just like Sarah Palin.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Moxnews.com made a interview about this today.

Title
MSM Reveals Its "Conspiracy To Kick Ron Paul Out Of The Race"

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I don't see why they would bother focusing any energy on trying to discredit Paul at this point. He's not doing very well in the National polls and even Sarah Palin is polling higher than him.

No need to shoot a dead horse.

Really?
Romney starts talking limited government and Newt condemning the Federal Reserve is a dead horse?
Sound like a very active mammoth to me on anabolic steroids.

2nd on the Ames poll, just 1% away from the top
The most military donations out of every candidate, by far the most!

I have no idea what it is you are talking about to be honest
i'm not being sarcastic here

I can't believe that what you see is a failure

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yeah I have to agree. The winds behind Ron Paul's boat have never been more favourable. He's doing VERY well this election and he doesnt seem like the kind of man who would have skeletons in the closet that TPTB could leverage against him (John Edwards...cough..cough). This makes him pretty dangerous to those that make money off lies, philandering, blackmail and rape of the economy and environment

Paul got a lot of people mobilized during the last presidential election. This also makes him dangerous. He's got a LOT of momentum based on his views and his character, not based on a billion dollar advertising campaign.

Many Obama-followers, Tea Partiers and fiscal conservatives and social liberals are jumping on the Ron Paul R3loveution. As well as true REPUBLIC-ans - people who want to restore state identity, state rights and enact local government with the federal government playing a supporting role.

But I feel like the MSM knows all this and is being told to downplay his campaign, if not ignore it completely.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If Paul were truly fringe, kooky, etc. the rest of the (lying) GOP candidates would not NOW be parroting what Paul's been saying for years. The other GOP candidates mimic Paul because they realize that what Paul espouses is what "We the People" want!!
A concerted effort to get rid of electronic voting machines would help more than anything, imo.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Was just watching CNN and it was showing Perry and guess what he just took a drink of water from a bottle and winked at the Queen!!!! What dos that tell us......................................itanimulli....? Think we know!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Again ...I saw FOX put a display up yesterday that read "THE CONTENDERS" .. with Bachman, Romney and Perrys faces up there .....

please ....let us consolidate these Ron Paul threads ..and create one monster thread ... so we can at least make that little draw of attention instead of them slip sliding away ...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Actually I was just talking about this with my friend at work and he said that last nights Daily Show (Aug 15, 2011) was about exactly this!

Click over to about 5 minutes and it gets into the Ron Paul ignore-ance

www.hulu.com...

top topics

join