It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enjoy Obama's Bus Tour - After all, you're paying for it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
www.examiner.com...

How does Obama get away with going on a Bus Tour on our dime? With his lowest ratings ever coming out just yesterday, he is definitely going to be campaigning when he talks about jobs and the economy to middle-class Americans.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

I'd like to see the price tag just for the bus alone. You know with ding-bat errr obama onboard it has to be bullet proof, ect. But the story bring up a good point, why isn't obama paying for it:
He’s out on the road – basically to campaign – and the tour is being paid for by the American taxpayers. Unlike Presidents before him, Obama is not taking money out of his own campaign funds which is reportedly the largest presidential re-election campaign chest in history.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
is anybody really surprised?

something a bit offtopic but still related.

yesterday i was watching some tv, i watched a show called 'Border Patrol'.
they were officers who would make sure no drugs/illigal immigrants and/or firearms were smuggled into the US.

if they had the slightest hunch something was up, they tore the vehicle apart and then one of the officers made a stupid remark;

'if we're wrong the taxpayers will be paying for it'

sort of the same thing but not exactly

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
cost obama's new buses

2.2 million dollars

Obama: recession
wich one?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Great article, people need to know this crap, i especially like the part

"how many Americans drive around the country to tell everybody that they’re broke – while trying to convince everybody that they know how to get out of debt but just didn’t do it yet? "

Better yet, how many americans do this, driving around the country telling everyone that their broke, they know the answer, on some one elses dime?

I cant wait to see what kind of garbage his campaign commercials will be spewing

Enjoy whats left of your single term Obama.
edit on 15-8-2011 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
cost obama's new buses

2.2 million dollars

Obama: recession
wich one?

According to Drudge, Romney is calling the obama's bus tour the "Magical misery bus tour" - a play on words from the "Magical mystery bus tour" from the 60's.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

It is by far the largest in history and you need to add into that the massively corrupt media support he is getting - Hollywood millionaires producing the Bin Laden capture movie timed to hit the theaters a month before the election. That in and of itself should be against federal campaign laws. No matter. That falls under the Holder Justice Department.

He will also get a lift from massive election fraud for which the Justice Department has already greased the skids by establishing a policy whereby voting rights claims brought forth by whites will not be pursued.

Obama believes he is king. He will do what ever he has to to maintain the throne.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by Chance321

He will also get a lift from massive election fraud for which the Justice Department has already greased the skids by establishing a policy whereby voting rights claims brought forth by whites will not be pursued.

I haven't heard anything about this racially charged allegation you're making. Do you have a link?

In addition, I feel like I've heard of other presidents using tax money to pay for their campaigns; I can't find any evidence, and don't have time to keep digging. I did find this allegation about Bush Sr., though I couldn't find any follow-ups quickly. Kirk Says Bush Campaign Trips Used Tax Funds.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

That's just it. He has the LARGEST campaign chest in history and yet he can't . . or won't pay for this himself? Come'on. The press are in his pocket so every "news" story about him is a free campaign ad.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Is it just me? But he looks more like Bush every other day

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e0f22240e38.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 8/15/2011 by qonone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

that bin laden movie and the timing really upset me its tot al garbage just like michael moores timing of fareinheit 9-11

to the op i want my money back

"nero fiddles while rome burns"
edit on 15-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
In fairness to Obama, a billion dollars only goes so far. Right?

As for the bus tour itself, does anybody know if he'll be stopping at a Waffle House along the way? If so, for the love of GOD let the man finish his waffles in peace.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Here it is in a nutshell. Keep in mind that the gent who is giving the testimony is a career champion of civil rights, having won awards in the Justice Department for his tireless service.

"In emotional and personal testimony, an ex-Justice official who quit over the handling of a voter intimidation case against the New Black Panther Party accused his former employer of instructing attorneys in the civil rights division to ignore cases that involve black defendants and white victims.

J. Christian Adams, testifying Tuesday before the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, said that "over and over and over again," the department showed "hostility" toward those cases. He described the Black Panther case as one example of that -- he defended the legitimacy of the suit and said his "blood boiled" when he heard a Justice official claim the case wasn't solid."

"The department abandoned the New Black Panther case last year. It stemmed from an incident on Election Day in 2008 in Philadelphia, where members of the party were videotaped in front of a polling place, dressed in military-style uniforms and allegedly hurling racial slurs while one brandished a night stick.

The Bush Justice Department brought the first case against three members of the group, accusing them in a civil complaint of violating the Voter Rights Act. The Obama administration initially pursued the case, winning a default judgment in federal court in April 2009 when the Black Panther members did not appear in court. But then the administration moved to dismiss the charges the following month after getting one of the New Black Panther members to agree to not carry a "deadly weapon" near a polling place until 2012"

www.foxnews.com...

Before you attack the FoxNews source, a few other links

www.mainjustice.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.washingtontimes.com...
www.ask.com...

Lots more out there on this matter including testimony that the policy to not pursue voter intimidation cases brought forth by whites was an official policy that originated or at least approved by the AG's office.

Another assault on justice brought forth by..........The Justice Department!

Notice how the Obama Justice Department is essentially telling this thug that in 2012 its cool for him to carry deadly weapons at polling places. Timing is everything

edit on 15-8-2011 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I beleive he can win and that he is worth his weight in diamonds. Did everyone forget about Osama bin Laden and how he was the Anti-Christ in Nostradamus. This man defeated the Anti-Christ...solid. The French know. Maybe he'll get a hundred percent of the votes over there if he were to try out. He's biblical.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KennyDurazo
I beleive he can win and that he is worth his weight in diamonds.

OMG! What happened to the price of diamonds that I haven't heard about? Plummeting like Obama's job approval ratings?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Enjoy Obama's Martha's Vineyard Vacation because you're paying for that too, ya know.

new topics

top topics

join