It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the US Crushed Youth Resistance: 8 Reasons Young Americans Don't Fight Back!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

How the US Crushed Youth Resistance: 8 Reasons Young Americans Don't Fight Back!

www.alternet.org... llow

The ruling elite has created social institutions that have subdued young Americans and broken their spirit of resistance.

Traditionally, young people have energized democratic movements. So it is a major coup for the ruling elite to have created societal institutions that have subdued young Americans and broken their spirit of resistance to domination.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Mon Aug 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: found new source link

edit on Mon Aug 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Very interesting article. Kind of plays into what I have been saying. Our kids are so inundated with movies and electronics, most of them probably couldn't remember what they had for dinner last night, let alone what is happening to their freedoms. This is a conspiracy that spans generations, and we hail these new innovations and gobble them up like there is no tomorrow. All the while we send our children to the slaughter of their mind and souls for the sake of entertainment and information. Is it any wonder there are senseless acts of violence?

wakeup-world.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
www.alternet.org... llow
edit on Mon Aug 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I saw this. I gave the link to my 10 yr old daughter, who is a little rebel. I suggested she might wake up her friends.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Wow, I totally agree with the article. I have given this all alot of thought.

Being a gen x'er, I wonder what the flaw in the agenda was that screwed so many of us up.. Alot of my generation seems to have "half taken" the apathetic "what's the use" path that the generation after us has fully embraced.

The longer I am out of public education systems, the more I realize how wrong the ideology was that was shoved down my throat. I am affraid that the newest generation won't find the fight in themselves in time for it to do any good.

It would appear they have perfected the process.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Bobaganoosh because: gramma

cj6

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
They just need some motivation....take away all the electronics and facebook and im sure they will fight back

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Whom exactly are fighting them and why? I see no reason for the youth to "fight back".

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Please use the search function before you post content. Good pertinent article, for sure. However, it is frustrating to see that almost every other ATS topic is a repeat of something that is already being discussed. Thanks

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Dropping out of highschool and getting a GED was the best thing i could have done for myself.
Not for Anthony, the rising but for me the individual. I know the mistake but the impact on my life was much better than staying. (I left before my senior year)
I knew ever since the begining of my schooling years (Strating near the 3rd grade when the school pushed for me to be in counciling) that there was something wrong with the way the schools were running, and even as Junior the only thing i learned is how to adapt to this prison.
There were a few points in the article that i like, and i'll edit them in at the end.
but really i left school with a good ton of information. One that is very valuable. But that was because of the few teachers that truely went into the learning aspect of education.

It saddens me to know that the time when i could have spent absorbing information that would be extremely benefitial to my life was spent teaching me how to live my life. It's the truth. The biggest mistake of my life was being ignorant in the way the schools ran. If only i could have chosen a better route when i had the options. Instead things like Alterniative schools, Home schools, G.E.D.'s, Private schools, online schools, are never simple OPTIONS, they are all fighting against each other. For some reason theres this ideal that not graduating highschool will ruin your life forever.
Uhm, no. I say if you're lazy and you want the easiest ride possible you can go ahead and believe that but really these are the people that don't think for themselfs and are resistant to have an open mind on life and truely self educate. Like i did when i knew i shouldn't be in public highschools anymore.

Thumbs up OP,i much appreicte this article.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Looks like you have some catching up to do!

...Maybe start here:

Welcome to World War III

EXCLUSIVE: Analysis of Financial Terrorism in America: Over 1 Million Deaths Annually, 62 Million People With Zero Net Worth, As the Economic Elite Make Off With $46 Trillion

reply to post by METACOMET

It's entirely acceptable for the same topics to be covered in Breaking News plus other forums.

edit on 15/8/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

The system, TPTB, the global food elitists, the NWO and on and on. Where are the demonstrations for ending our troops wars like there was during Vietnam? Where is the outrage at our freedoms being stripped from us? You would be hard pressed to find a young adult acutely aware of what is happening to them right under their noses. Some of us have educated our children to think freely. These are the kids that will be the driving force on these types of forums in a few years, but the numbers will dwindle. I watch the youth of today being more involved with changing the way Sony or Microsoft do online gaming than anything. If they put that energy to good use fighting TPTB, I think we would have a greater chance at effecting real change within our government and our society.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Being a former wow player I agree, most people in there have no clue what is going on in the outside world, they are too intuned with the fantasy world. Even my nephew is following this trend with the video games like wii etc. People don't notice something is wrong until the fire is upon them and they feeling the heat.

It's sad but true.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Okay thanks for your replys I got a better idea of the situation.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The govt didn't do it, parents did.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
Please use the search function before you post content. Good pertinent article, for sure. However, it is frustrating to see that almost every other ATS topic is a repeat of something that is already being discussed. Thanks

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's even more annoying to see these posts.

How many times....Dual threads are allowed in breaking news

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think that alot of people don't understand how serious this actually is.
It is because, if you are to accept this then you first have accept that there are ruling elites
that aren't necessarily our elected officials and don't necessarily have our best interests in mind!

This is impossible for some people to wrap their heads around because it is a VERY scary scenario which they are not in any way prepared to deal with.
It means that they would have to deal with a totally new reality which is diametrically opposed to the one they currently enjoy. It is much more comfortable to stay put.

The fact of the matter is we, in the USA, are victims of the most intrically well thought out and implimented Psy-Op in human history. It is ALL by design!!! There has been no stone left unturned. These bastards know exactly what to do to bring entire populations under their control, and they have done an excellent job of it too.
This is why the more you know about the nature of the reality that you live in, the more you feel alienated from the human race.

You are all alone!
Comparitively speaking, you are all alone.
The numbers of people who are awake to the reality that you are awake to are so infintesimally small compared to the dumbed down masses that it is little to no threat to those in power.

It is maddening to witness this taking place right before my eyes with little to nothing that I can do to stop it because there are so many people who are ready and willing to fight to the death in order to preserve the system that enslaves them.

It comes from not being able to imagine a better way.
I can imagine a better way.
A better way of living.
A better way of being.
A better way of interacting with eachother.
Can you?

If you can't think outside of the box that was created for your mind then you are part of the problem.

There is no reason we can't all live in a society where we put eachothers needs before our own.
Where we all strive to make the lives of our neighbors easier and happier.
One where we wouldn't think of turning away our hungry neighbor.
Where we wouldn't be arrested for trying to feed our hungry neighbor!!!!
Putting our neighbors needs before our own!!!
This isn't that hard to figure out here people.
This is the way we should be living but we are told that it is impossible so we don't even try!!!
Just like overunity!
Scientists are told it is impossible so not only do they not try, but, if some young up and coming brilliant mind
decides to resist his programming from College and think outside of the box, and invents an overunity device, he is quickly ridiculed and put back in line by his peers. "These devices can't exist because that is what we were taught!! Who are you to venture outside of the box? Aren't you one of us?? Stop what you are doing at once!!!"

We are truely both the Sheppard and the Sheep.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I remember high school. Well, I remember all of school, pretty acutely. But high school here is the important part, the part I'm driving at.

It's not that high school kids don't know what's going on. A lot of us did, and a lot of them do, we saw it pretty clearly that we were being screwed in ways that we could not yet pinpoint because the seeds of screwed-ness hadn't sprouted at that point, merely planted and fed as much Miracle-Gro as possible. But a significant number of us had the distinct sense that we had been f***ed. We saw a world that was more and more insane, and we knew it was insane. After all, my graduating class watched 9/11 go down on TV when we were 14, and in spite of the horror, we knew... that doesn't happen in a sane world.

So it's not like we don't know. We do know. Even though it makes people uncomfortable, I do talk to my peers about this kind of thing, and aside from a few who are buried very, very deeply, we're of the opinion that these are interesting times, in the Chinese curse sense. We just don't know what the hell to do about it.

The spirit of rebellion in us has been shackled and beaten. It's there, we know, we're as horrified as you are...but the will and ability to fight is not in us, or it has not found its flashpoint. I hope it's the latter. No promises.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Our kids are so inundated with movies and electronics, most of them probably couldn't remember what they had for dinner last night, let alone what is happening to their freedoms.

Haha, you old people are pathetic. How come none of you did anything when they began to take away your freedom? What did the old people do to try to stop it? Did you guys really think voting Bush in again would help?

All the while we send our children to the slaughter of their mind and souls for the sake of entertainment and information.

What exactly are we suppose to do? Riot, loot, scream tax the rich [that's the only thing old people seem capable of]?

Is it any wonder there are senseless acts of violence?

Senseless acts of violence have always existed.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Usually to resist one would have to have knowledge of what their is to resist against.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

My generation was the first to really see the infiltration of this. I knew it was happening when I was very young. But, as I said earlier, everyone gets so ooh and ahhed by new technology that they eat it up and the grip on their mind takes hold faster and faster. It's not that we wouldn't do anything, it's that the masses were so enthralled by new technology that they never really saw what it was doing to them. Social engineering worked very well on the middle class. It made them sort of techno zombies. Combine that with a lifelong debt and they were afraid of doing anything that threatened their comfy little suburban homes. Now that the reality of everything is coming to roost with my generation, they realize they may be too late to do much about it. They are too old to do more than just vote, and the ones who should be taking the torch are too busy playing WoW or UT. I think revolutions skip generations, and mine was skipped.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Wasn't able to read the article.The link is good,there is no access allowed.I believe we must remember also that for every emotion today there is a pill devised to subdue natural emotional reaction.Half or more of children are on some type of prescription drug used for one reason or another.I would definitely think it's a major contributer to this effect of creating a brain-washed society.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join