It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM reporters help Democrat to silence reporter asking critical questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Now imagine this were a Republican senator being questioned and someone tried to stop reporters from giving him/her the 3rd degree? It would never happen. This is another great example of how the Democrat party and the press are in lock step with each other. The US press has become little more than the propaganda arm of the Democrat party.

Just think of the play and hype this clip would be getting today if it were a bunch of Fox reporters trying to shut up a liberal reporter from asking tough question of some Republican. It would be all over the internet like that Buffet OpEd is now. There are like a dozen threads on that topic on every forum I post on.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gannicus

Now imagine this were a Republican senator being questioned and someone tried to stop reporters from giving him/her the 3rd degree? It would never happen.

Whatever.

An interesting thread about bad stuff going down with a democrat turned into a pro-Republican thread in the first sentence, fully exposing all bias, setting up a false premise, and then no valid argument. Thanks for opening up the door for such widely opposing views with that. That is what is going to make this a trash debate instead of just addressing this incident.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gannicus

Oh they are both the same these Democrats and Republicans.
Democrats only are so stupid as to tell the truth about unpleasant topics hard to swallow, things like military spending, being gay and having abortions.
Republicans all hide these scandalous topics under a rug as if they don't engage in any of them.
What a riot. What a well manufactured and apparently working fabrication and misrepresentation.

edit: you appear to be a warrior or wannabe from your avatar. I don't think you have anything to fear. Military budget isn't going to be touched. We will still slaughter innocent civilians in other countries and if you play your cards right we might even have our own little un-civil war right here in the USA! Hang in there. It isn't over til it's over.
edit on 15-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Whatever.

An interesting thread about bad stuff going down with a democrat turned into a pro-Republican thread in the first sentence

How was it pro-Republican? Are threads that don't start off bashing Republicans, automatically considered to be "pro-Republican"?

fully exposing all bias, setting up a false premise, and then no valid argument.

What false premise? Its right there on video. Democrat Dick Durban getting asked if he takes any blame for our current economic situation and the reporters helping him to avoid that question. The same media that helps Democrats to deflect all any and all criticism. No valid argument? What argument should I have presented? The video speaks for itself.

I could just as easily dismiss your post as biased deflection.

Thanks for opening up the door for such widely opposing views with that. That is what is going to make this a trash debate instead of just addressing this incident.

You're the only one who seems to be trying to distract form the topic with a rant that has nothing to do with this thread.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Gannicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Oh they are both the same these Democrats and Republicans.

Republicans don't have a mass media that works to keep them in office and promote their policies. Sure, they have Fox News. However, Fox News is WIDELY criticized, attacked and discredited. Not so much when it comes to the dozen or so networks that regularly carry water for Democrats.

Democrats only are so stupid as to tell the truth about unpleasant topics hard to swallow, things like military spending, being gay and having abortions.

Oh, so Republicans are liars and Democrats just tell it like it is? Yes, that's clearly whats going on in this video. You do know Obama doesnt support gay marriage and gay marriage laws were struck down in Democrat districts all over the country, right?

This is off topic though. The topic is about the media helping Democrats to deflect criticism for the horrible job they've done since taking power in 2006.

edit: you appear to be a warrior or wannabe from your avatar

And here come the personal attacks. The sure fire way you know you've struck a cord.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

As fate would have it a "cord" was struck in the early 60's, when I was but an ideological child and my President was shot and it was not the Russian Communists that did it. I grew very suspicious of some group that was working against freedom loving people right here in America and I was not much more than a toddler. You can't fix me. It is an indelible impression - that shooting and the funeral. Traumatic you might say, and eye opening. I did not like what I saw. I sensed an enemy within.

Republicans don't have a mass media that works to keep them in office and promote their policies.

Oh sure...like this guy is working for us....?

Oh yeah right in the left pocket. Get real.
You want more money for secret military space projects and black ops.
Maybe another HAARP facility...Lets be truthful.

edit: you appear to be a warrior or wannabe from your avatar

And here come the personal attacks. The sure fire way you know you've struck a cord.

I would call it more of an observation. Even calling you Rambo wouldn't be a personal attack, just a label that may or may not fit. Sometimes we reduce things down to their simplest and most basic elements so people can understand them quickly. This is what symbols do.
When we only remember the last sound on our ears without remembering the song we might fall for the sirens call. We will follow the lure of unrealistic and spectacular promises made that are never even meant to be kept.

Democrats have tried and failed. Liberals like Kennedy JFK and RFK and even MLK try to bolster democratic ideals of individual basic human rights and get themselves killed. POP! Even Lennon.

Number of Republicans shot in the middle of their peace speech.....???

Should raise a bloodied and red flag and tell you who is really pulling the strings around here.

The defense budget makes all other SPENDING including health care, education, medicare, social security and any other "social" programs look like change in moms pickle jar.

The defense budget and secret military and space projects is where your cash is going. Republicans try to pretend it isn't, it is all going to dead beats who want health care

When we decide it is preposterous to spend money like this, then they will switch tactics and insist WE NEED THIS DEFENSE SPENDING AND SECRET PROJECTS....Even if they have to attack us themselves and prove to us once and for all, goddammit we do.

edit on 15-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

What does your post have to do with the topic? I fail to see how any of it relates to actions of Dick durban and his MSM cohorts in this video.

My avatar has nothing to do with "wanting to be a warrior". I'm a history buff and have a special interest in the Servile Wars.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

reply to post by newcovenant

What does your post have to do with the topic? I fail to see how any of it relates to actions of Dick durban and his MSM cohorts in this video.

My avatar has nothing to do with "wanting to be a warrior". I'm a history buff and have a special interest in the Servile Wars.

I was trying to clear up your misconception I am attacking you. Warriors tend to be for the party of war. It isn't that revolutionary a concept and in fact I think it just might have some truth to it.

I just disagree with the thinking that the Democrats have any special ability or control over the news media.
You are accusing main stream media of silencing a reporter and I am trying to show you that it goes both ways.

What does my post have to do with the topic? You are serious?

Here is a reporter slamming the Democrats and no one there is standing up for them. You can't throw out accusations like that without being ready to deflect examples where it does not fit in with reality. Don't people have a right to see both sides? Is this thread only for people who agree? Please post that in your title next time.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
defense spending makes up the most of spending?

lies!

www.usdebtclock.org...

ever hear of social security medicare and medicaid and the prescription drug plan aka unfunded liabilities

to the tune of over 100 trillion dollars and as the population increase and age increase they can never be paid for.

to the op:

manipulation of mainstream media is well known and always deflected especially when it comes to democrats.

they will all sit there and say nope and deflect with "fox news" but the fact remains.
edit on 15-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm curious, did you do any research on that so called reporter trying to disrail Durbin's press conference? look who he works for .....I'll give you 3 guesses. he's a Murdoch henchman. the sad thing is most of Murdochs puppets come from the least intelligent side of the classroom. at least someone gives them a job, huh? on the flip side Dick Durbin is about the most gentile, open minded, respected and intelligent Senators D/C has ever seen. the GOP should take lessons from Durbin.
I will agree that the MSM does appear to lean towards the left but IMHO that's because the left is normally more times than not the advocate / champion of the American people. the rightwing, the rich and the bankers / corporations have Murdoch , oops I mean Fox. so it balances out.
full disclosure here ~~ I lean to the left bigtime. the right gives me a rash.
edit on 15-8-2011 by LooksLikeWeMadeIt because: typos

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This is the actual reply to the reporter.
Honest!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt
I'm curious, did you do any research on that so called reporter trying to disrail Durbin's press conference? look who he works for .....I'll give you 3 guesses. he's a Murdoch henchman.

First of all he's a reporter for the Washington Times. Second, I could just as easily dismiss the other reporters as Soros henchman. It does nothing to address the fact Democrats and their media are desperately trying to deflect blame for the economic situation we're in. This is a good example of that. Why didn't Durbin answer the simple question? Why did no other reporter ask the question?

As far as Durbin being "gentile", I just have to laugh. The guy is a gas bag and a bomb thrower for the left.

the sad thing is most of Murdochs puppets come from the least intelligent side of the classroom.

Right, the genius and brilliance of Democrats hasn't stopped them from running the economy in to the ground, starting new wars or continuing Bush admin policies under the cover of the MSM.

I will agree that the MSM does appear to lean towards the left but IMHO that's because the left is normally more times than not the advocate / champion of the American people.

It doesnt appear to, it does. Its more than just leaning, they're in the tank for the Democrat party. They are an extension of the Democrat party. You think the Democrats are "for the people", because you are a Democrat. From my point of view, your perceptions are warped.

I lean to the left bigtime.

No kidding.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Now imagine this were a Republican senator being questioned and someone tried to stop reporters from giving him/her the 3rd degree? It would never happen. This is another great example of how the Democrat party and the press are in lock step with each other. The US press has become little more than the propaganda arm of the Democrat party.

You really should stop thinking in terms of party lines. If you really believe the words you typed, which I quoted above, you have clearly not been paying attention. When Bush was in office the MSM did much the same thing. They never asked Bush the tough questions. The only difference between then and now, is that now some people are willing to ask the tough questions. According to your video, it is implied that the "reporter" who is trying to ask the question is a Tea party guy. Do you realize when Bush was in Office, there was no such thing as the Tea Party? The Tea Party did not form until the election cycle and the end of Bush's final term in office. To just assume it has to do with who is currently in power now without acknowledging the change in political climate is foolish. Are you even remotely aware of how much propaganda the MSM pumped out during the Bush years?

In other words, the MSM is not a propaganda tool for the Democrats. The MSM is just a propaganda tool. It wouldn't matter which party was in control.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
When Bush was in office the MSM did much the same thing. They never asked Bush the tough questions.

You've got to be kidding me. You must come from some kind of alternate universe. I very clearly remember the media being aligned in unison against Bush and the Republicans for 8 years, then doing a complete 180 and becoming government shills when Obama took office.

Do you realize when Bush was in Office, there was no such thing as the Tea Party?

There was actually.

The Tea Party did not form until the election cycle and the end of Bush's final term in office.

Sooo, what happened to all those anti-war protests? What happened to all that outrage over wiretaps, Gitmo, new wars, rendition, the Patriot Act, high deficits or any of the things our media raged about for 8 years? Nobody in the media generates outrage over those topics anymore. none of those protesters are protesting anymore.

To just assume it has to do with who is currently in power now without acknowledging the change in political climate is foolish. Are you even remotely aware of how much propaganda the MSM pumped out during the Bush years?

Fox maybe, but the other networks seemed to be focused on torpedoing anything and everything Bush said or did. I've been an avid watcher of media for several decades now and run a media watchdog website. So, please, stop talking to me like I'm an idiot who doesnt understand whats going on. I'm wide awake buddy.

In other words, the MSM is not a propaganda tool for the Democrats.

Well, the facts disagree. The media (with the exception of Fox) is watched in large part by Democrats. Its made up of former Democrat politicians, strategists and advisers. Take a look at this link and the "revolving door" of democrats who go back and forth between media and politics.

newsbusters.org...

Also, networks like CNN and NBC are watched mostly by Democrats:

thinkprogress.org...

I'm sorry, but I don't think you have a leg to stand on. The media is pretty obviously in the tank for Democrats. Anyone who isn't ideologically lock step with them can see that.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Gannicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The question wasn't scripted obviously. The question the guy was asking didn't seem to be that much of a problem to me. I love how some other idiot threw out something like "he's organizing tea parties".

It's unbelievable the cowardess of some of our public officials.:shk:

Peace

new topics

top topics

join