It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Snitch Mom", London, turns her rioting daughter to the Police!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I thought in today's society the parents are getting blamed for everything. I'd almost expect the mother to go to jail and or rehab for bad parenting lol. Reminds me of the movie Equilibrium, where the boy watches his dad for suspected illegal behaviour.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
And when Uncle Bob molests your child, don't go to the police. Its a FAMILY matter.

If your child is making insanely stupid choices that are going to undermine them anyway, and show they have no tendency to respect others and this tendency is leading them to worse and worse choices that are going to seriously impact them in the long run....

Then let a night in jail, and having to face the consequences of their actions do the talking.

Clearly Mommy knows her daughter better than you. She knows her daughter is going to do better getting this lesson now, than a worse one later.

My children would probably prefer that the cops get them before I do.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by maskfan
I take it you aren't English.

I sooo proudly ain't, indeed... especially judging by the level of "understanding" Britons like you have of their broken-down society.

But really, the relevance of being English or not is void...

Everywhere there are loyal slaves who'd rather point the blame on all the ones underneath them rather than making the real crooks accountable for their mess, and that includes Her Majesty as well as her corporate network at the City of London. I am no longer surprised by it. After all, isn't a punishable "crime" to address the crimes of authorities as well, in this great civilized society, just like that whistleblower who got murdered under Kingpin Murdoch's command?

Under a criminal rule, remaining in your house during a revolt is being complicit in the crime, even though you are not profiteering from it.

If you think this riot wasn't "political" enough, what did YOU do into it, to make it more politically intelligible?
edit on 15/8/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well, you do stupid things you pay the piper. Also remember we are not talking about a 10 year old kid. We are talking about a 18 year old adult.

If the girl did not know she could get in trouble for this then she doesn't need to be in any dam committee making decisions.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

That's not out of "1984",

Really? Ever even read the book?

Anyways........ It's called good parenting. God forbid we have good parents! Letting your kid get away with violent crimes and engaging in activity that harms others is not good parenting .. it's bad parenting. I applaud the woman, maybe her brat will learn her lesson and next time skip the violence.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Can't believe the OP seriously thought this was a bad thing... What's the matter with some people?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The mother is an idiot. The Govt are coming down like a tonne of bricks on the rioters and her daughter may well end up doing jail time. Even if not, she'll certainly get a criminal record and therefore be tainted for the rest of her life. Christ, i've done worse things in my youth and got away with them. Do I deserve a criminal record? No, I saw the error of my ways and i've turned out just fine without one.
edit on 15-8-2011 by theoneeyedman because: typo

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

Originally posted by Raivan31
reply to post by Echtelion

What if a child done the same thing to their parent.
A wiser long term approach would have been for the mother to take care of the problem herself.
The practical implications of her decision mean that her daughter will have far fewer options in life.
The general public don't have to care but the mother should.
Wonder who's gonna pay legal costs?

The girl screwed up her own future the mother just helped teach her what consequences of her actions are

When i was young and stupid i don't remember rioting in the streets looting , smashing windows , and fighting law enforcement ?

if i had .. then why wouldn't i pay for my actions ?

Mother 1

Daughter 0

some ats members -1

Well I dare you to go "pay for your actions", making some jail time in one of UK's corporate prison cells, and come back to me with your enlightened views on justice, and whatever... You'll see how being in a solitary confinement cell for months or years is no laughing matter.

All thanks to her MOTHER'S TREASON and State repression of a REVOLT against this criminal order. The mother HAD a choice, and she has chosen to snitch on to her own daughter, as an cowardly excuse for her BAD EDUCATION, fully subsidizing her private family affairs to the government's penal system. An yeah, that's a typically "1984" scenario, White guy.

Use YOUR reason, instead of just reacting and judging like a sheep... something is deeply WRONG in your society. By taking this position, you end up making things even worse.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
My mother didnt just turn me in when I got in trouble she drove me to the police station haha

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

maybe you would think differently if it was your home or shop that was looted and burned down , or the bricks was thrown at you or a member of your family .

what about the people that lost everything when their homes that was above the shops were burnt down.

and you feel sorry because her career has been damaged , i think it would be a better punishment than a token fine and a slap on the wrist

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm with you OP, this is like something out of Nazi Germany.
You don't snitch on your own family, punish them yourself, don't let the state do it for you.

George Carlin sum it up best.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Protesting, and rioting, there is a fine line and difference between the 2 of them. This entire event started all cause one person got shot by the police. This was a spark that caused this explosion to happen over in the UK. While we can sympathize for the victim and families, however, there must be a distinction, to protest, that is acceptable, commendable even where people should be allowed to air their grievances against the authority, and those who caused this mess. However, rioting is criminal in its very nature. Stealing a TV or looting a store that is just theft, does nothing to support their cause only to give them a bad name, where the original reason is not lost and dismissed by this event. The person who was shot, the memory of this person, especially if it was unjustified, is not tarnished as the cause for this. They are not going after the police, nor any of the people responsible, they are looting and stealing everything they can get their hands on. And the mother who turned in her daughter should be applauded and backed, as she tried to raise her daughter to be an honorable person, not a thief. The mother is correct, she was probably shocked and appalled at the sight of her daughter committing acts of theft and criminal in nature, potentially harming other people. She probably agonized over that and determined that she needed The child needs to learn that there are consequences for her actions, and this is one of them. If it means that she will learn a lesson now, then so be it, but if she had not been turned in, the question as to what kind of an athlete would she had been, would she had cheated just to win a medal?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Good for mom. Kids have to develop that sixth sense to know when enough is enough. I used to occasionally hang with my brothers but they didn't know or have the sense to quit what they were doing. As a good girl I came home early, went to my room and crawled out on the roof. Sure enough, within about 30 minutes, the cops would drag my brothers home and I'd almost fall off the roof laughing.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
next time loot a jewlery and give mommy a nice diamond-necklace and she'll be fine with that...!

but fer sure she does not want to see her daughter steeling an xbox or something useless just for fun....

family business is family business...the act of snitching only shows how broke this family already was and in that cause its ok to send her to prison...vicious cycle anyway
edit on 15-8-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling
That is not how to parent.

All she did was hurt her athletic future.

That family going to have problems now, talk about causing a lifetime of hate and hurt in your own family.

Maybe if she set a better example as a mother she wouldnt be in that position.

edit on 15-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

The parents aren't to blame for what their 18 year old Daughter did. The 18 year old Daughter wrecked her own athletic career, how? by behaving that way.

good on the parents...

edit on 15-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: correction

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azdraik
Well, you do stupid things you pay the piper. Also remember we are not talking about a 10 year old kid. We are talking about a 18 year old adult.

If the girl did not know she could get in trouble for this then she doesn't need to be in any dam committee making decisions.

LISTEN UP PEOPLE....

the person is 18 years old !!!

some are carrying on as if the Daughter is a minor... pfft

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
She did the right thing and punished her child for looting?

Yeah,what a scumbag she is.... :/

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Amazing. This adult woman sees a senseless riot which is ruining the homes and business of ordinary people, decides to join in with what is obviously an illegal act, and some people think she should get away with it and be "punished" within her own family?

Seriously?

And calling into question the mothers parenting skills? You do realise that peer pressure can sometimes play a vital role in the lives of some people growing up, right? You could be the best parent on the planet, then your kid meets someone who they think is sooo awesome and tries to ape their behaviour, whether it's good or bad. We cannot vouch for her parenting skill, we can only vouch for her daughter being a complete idiot and joining in with that train wreck of a riot that has wrecked lives, and wrecked her own career. She has accountability for her own actions I'm afraid.

I don't care if she only stole a few bits of crap, she still stole and has victims by proxy. Those who break the law in such a manner should be punished for it by the law. My parents would turn me in in an instant if I had done something like that, and they were great parents! To be honest, I'd rather turn myself in than face my mothers wrath, but that's another story.

For anyone who isn't supporting the mothers actions, where is the line? If your child has stolen something, how big/important would it have to be for you to want the police involved? If they have assualted someone, would that be enough of a reason?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

Originally posted by maskfan
I take it you aren't English.

I sooo proudly ain't, indeed... especially judging by the level of "understanding" Britons like you have of their broken-down society.

But really, the relevance of being English or not is void...

Everywhere there are loyal slaves who'd rather point the blame on all the ones underneath them rather than making the real crooks accountable for their mess, and that includes Her Majesty as well as her corporate network at the City of London. I am no longer surprised by it. After all, isn't a punishable "crime" to address the crimes of authorities as well, in this great civilized society, just like that whistleblower who got murdered under Kingpin Murdoch's command?

Under a criminal rule, remaining in your house during a revolt is being complicit in the crime, even though you are not profiteering from it.

If you think this riot wasn't "political" enough, what did YOU do into it, to make it more politically intelligible?

Clearly you missed the part of my original post where I said that the girl in question COULD have been rioting for good reasons, but WASN'T.

I have been part of many civil protests, some less civil than others, but always for a good cause.

This was not that.

It was mindless chaos driven by the desire of a small minority of people to get away with theft. The media egged people on, things got bad. Even then each riot barely consisted of more than a few hundred people at a time. This was not a revolution, it was not the will of society rising up against its oppressors.

I was at ground zero, where you? No. In fact you clearly have little to no idea about the makeup of Britain's society. So frankly who the hell do you think you are to naysay me?

Yes there are many things in this country that people should get angry about, take to the streets about, get violent about. The desire for iPads and new designer label trainers should not and can not be the driving force behind such actions.

Are there real crooks at the top. Yep, we should certainly do something about them. But wait no, far more important to go break into a local independent retailer and steal yourself some of the latest Tech.

Both types of people are criminals, neither are harmless crimes, all such criminals need to be punished. Just because those at top need to be punished doesn't mean those at the bottom who need to be punished should just be let off scott free.

Christ people's houses got broken into and burnt down. Why? Because 'he was showing off his new plasma tv in his front window innit'.

Four innocent people died. Why? Wrong place, wrong time. I guess that's OK though?

That is not acceptable behavior, if you feel it is then you need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
it's actually her choice to turn her daughter in and none of your business, and it's not your place to give her **** for choosing to do that, especially with her own daughter. what it if was a random criminal instead of her daughter? see how it doesn't matter? you are not better than her because you'd protect your criminal child. rioting RARELY rarely inspires a peaceful change in its society and almost 100% of the time does more harm than good.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join