It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maddest/most dangerous bladed weapon ever?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

She is loads better to look at than those fat Indian boys that is agreed-but she is still somewhat of a truffle snuffler IMO.
Snout like League of Gentlemen.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
there\'s an episode of deadliest warrior where there\'s an indian warrior who used this type of weapon. also known as an aara, this weapon doesnt cut deep, is very inaccurate, and assuming the user is competent enough to not strike themself, they are still very exhausted from durations of use.

deadliestwarrior.wikia.com...
\"The weapon did not achieve any kills in the simulation with the experts stating it was more of a pain inducing weapon, and didn\'t have that much killing ability. Plus the fact that it took much energy to use effectively. \"

I see it as a pain inducing weapon and also used for inducing fear and intimidation. but not a particularly powerful killing weapon

the whole thread was a little tldr for me, but i did read the whole opening post and a few of the first posts. apologies in advance if someone already posted info from deadliest warrior.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Dare I say? The tongue.

Have a great day!

PS - I'm a great fan of edged weapons I'm just not able to view the video until a little later. I'll be back!

peace

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
A pair of hook swords.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Interesting, so basically it's a metal whip.
Meh.
Personally, I'd rather use a Glaive.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Attach a couple of those spring swords to a normal office fan and watch your day get much brighter

Now attach about 50 of those together, rig a trigger line, press teh gnarly red button, and watch 50 large combat knives fly into the air

edit on 20-8-2011 by Mach5 because: Forgot one thing

edit on 20-8-2011 by Mach5 because: Video embed phail
PPP

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mach5

Sounds crazy-but vid doesn't work.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Like I said, 50 of these all lined up at an arc.

Ballistic Knife Physics

Apparently I"m an embedding noob
Well, Il figure ATS out eventually

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mach5

Wow that thing is mental,sneaky Russians!

To embed a YT vid just paste the letters and numbers after the "=" in the YT adress so for your vid you would paste"OrlzBj2lIJg" (without the "" )into the "vid youtube" tab.

edit on 21/8/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: )

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

nice back up weapon.

slice an dice.

in the right hands anything is dangerous.

this wouldn't be my first weapon of choice.

if no one had guns it would be the pole axe.

lol!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I'm quite fond of this

en.wikipedia.org...

Its weighted at the end to give it more power in the slash. Unless you opponent is wearing plate mail he is coming apart.

BTW anybody interested in medieval weapons needs to rent the movie 'Ironclad'. By far the best scenes of medieval combat i've ever seen in a movie including a realistic impression of what a two handed sword would really do.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by N34Li3Z

i know that movie, i have tons of them.

the flying gilliotine is a myth, they tried to make it but it had some bugs, lol!

check out the swatsticker at 2;14.

no one put up that klingon thing for baddest?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I figured it out
Now to figure out how flags work XD

Ballistic Knives - How Chuck Norris cuts his steak.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Dare I say? The tongue.

Have a great day!

PS - I'm a great fan of edged weapons I'm just not able to view the video until a little later. I'll be back!

peace

touche`

Here is what I was thinking:

most dangerous blade ever

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Have you ever heard of a SAP glove? Its pretty much a steel/lead plated leather glove. Now simply add thumbtacks!

That weighted saber looks pretty dangerous by the way, could put someones eye out

But there is another weapon called the Katara blade which functions pretty much like (From what I see) a punch. Now I"m a pretty heavy guy, and if I put all of my weight into a punch with that thing on, my opponent isnt getting up in a long time. Heavy offensive capabilty, little to no defense. In my spare time, I generally like to look these things up in sheer boredom.

[

[
- Umad flame?
[

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Other than not being able to inflict more than a bad cut, it would take way too long to redirect one of those. If you hit somebody, you have no clue how the blade will react or where it will go. If you miss, you have to swing it around to bring it back the other way. With nunchaku at least you can redirect them off of your body and attack again quickly. That being said, still a pretty interesting post, never heard of those.

As for the "hooked swords," those aren't swords. They're actually meant for catching and diverting swords, and usually aren't sharpened.
edit on 21-8-2011 by TheSnowman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I think this one is better. You get 2 shots and after shooting you still have the knife in your hand.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
That sword reminds me of when I was a kid playing with a metal measuring tape. It used to scare the crap out of me when pulling it out to full length then pressing the tape button to rewind it. Almost like a demented razor snake.

Memories like the corners of my mind.......

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Wow that's awesome. I always thought the balistic knife was a joke because you lose your knife, but that one is a hell of an improvement.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSnowman

You thought that one was good? Check this one out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join