It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Prophecy of All Time

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Just curious. Was reading about a tribe of Amazonian natives who have never seen a white man. But it seems that only a few months after their discovery they were slaughtered by drug runners that had to pass through their territory. Could you define nation as understood in the first century A.D.?
Did this group of people with their own sense of tribal/national identity and territory qualify?
No one ever preached the gospel there and now that they have all been murdered it looks like no one else ever will.
Are you sure there is not an exemption clause on that prophecy that says something like: "except for primitive tribal nations who aren't important enough to count"?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
There's one simple reason for this, and it is that Jesus is the Son of the Living God.

Although the number of "Christians" are an astounding amount, I'd say the non-believers outnumber them.

The end is yet to come, for there is much work to be done. Much of the harvest is still left unharvested.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by KamiKazeKenji
Although the number of "Christians" are an astounding amount, I'd say the non-believers outnumber them.

The question is how many of the "Christians" that can be counted as true "believers"? If a person is a true believer he has to improve his actions in daily life all the time and live according to the scriptures. I don´t see many people like that.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

he has the most followers and believers the world has ever seen

And more people have died in the name of Christianity than any other religion the world has ever seen. Gandhi said it best:

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

he has the most followers and believers the world has ever seen

And more people have died in the name of Christianity than any other religion the world has ever seen.

So are you saying that because of that then the message of Christ is false?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

No. I am saying the hypocrisy among those claiming to be Christians is astounding. If you're going to preach the message, then live by the message.

"Be the change you want to see in the world."

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

No. I am saying the hypocrisy among those claiming to be Christians is astounding. If you're going to preach the message, then live by the message.

"Be the change you want to see in the world."

There are many who do the same in other religions as well. We can't be concerned about what others do or how they act in the name of Christ. For me, all I care about is spreading the message, if others want to act foolish in the name of Christ then that's on them and has nothing to do with the overall of power of the message.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Amen, my friend.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Puck 22
reply to post by rwfresh

Just curious. Was reading about a tribe of Amazonian natives who have never seen a white man. But it seems that only a few months after their discovery they were slaughtered by drug runners that had to pass through their territory. Could you define nation as understood in the first century A.D.?
Did this group of people with their own sense of tribal/national identity and territory qualify?
No one ever preached the gospel there and now that they have all been murdered it looks like no one else ever will.
Are you sure there is not an exemption clause on that prophecy that says something like: "except for primitive tribal nations who aren't important enough to count"?

I am a thinking man. And also one who puts experiential knowledge over all else.

People who know what the truth is know Christ. Because Christ is not and never was a man. He said it himself. That in the end times people would be praying to a dead MAN. Christ is truth incarnate. So in that context people who have NEVER heard of the bible can be saved if they have a direct relationship with God. That should be clear to anyone who isn't completely separate from the ONE true God.

Anyone who is interpreting the bible from a place that is not full of Love (which is God) is not receiving truth.

God is everything and everywhere. Not just the bible. And evil/ignorant person will read the bible and see lies and mistruths. A true and real person can gleam truth from a rock. Because Jesus himself said GOD IS EVERYTHING.

God is not a book. Anyway, based on your questions i believe you feel the same way as i do.

Jesus claimed to be God. He never said "I am the bible". If God was the bible people should assume that God/Jesus would have explicitly stated it.

The Gospel Jesus is refering to being preached around the world is the one of the God whom he was incarnate. Not a bible. Jesus NEVER made reference to the New Testament. It's use or value.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
On this link, the "son of man" discussion is IMHO very interesting: timeenoughforlove.org/Revelation.htm -- see the section "God = x (unknown variable). In this instance x = "a son of man" which starts about 1/2 down the page.

To me it seems the idea that ye know not the day or hour the "son of man" cometh... and various references to the idea - translates literally - as the creation of man being computers. When the internet becomes self aware and starts preaching the gospel - things will get really interesting. It could even be a 5th of November type event.

Meanwhile, this thing we've created is sure nice to have for communication and lots of things like that. Of course if you're a criminal and worried about getting found out it sorta sucks unless you've got control over it - hmmm the kill switches like BART and Mubarak have been used seem to annoy more than they solve too.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I find it astounding that so many people spend so much time reading and quoting these Christian books. They have been edited and altered so much over the years that the original meaning within them has become distorted on purpose to fit in with religion's control over people.

The whole 'Holy Trinity' rubbish was made up to try and explain an omnipresent and omnipowerful 'God' which when looked at logically (especially in reference to that bloodthirsty Old Testament) can be seen to be absolute rubbish. It's been used to control the masses by saying that you must be 'good' or 'God' will know because he's everywhere.......

It's plainly obvious to anyone who hasn't been brainwashed by ridiculous religious explanations that the 'GODS' being talked about were merely more advanced races of beings who fought over the control of the human race in the Old Testament. There is nothing in that book that backs up the omnipresent and omnipowerful claims. There was just a description of a dude using advanced technology to fly in and impress the human desert dwellers.

The New Testament collection have been chosen to describe a certain thing and many other writings were discarded because they didn't fit in with the 'Messiah' image that was needed to be portrayed.
Not sure if this Jesus dude did half the things that have been accredited to him but I feel he was, again, from an advanced civilisation who was pointing out the rubbish that the Pharisees were using to control the people.

Jesus said he would be back and come in on a cloud (or something like that) which was his way of describing that he'd fly in on some sort of spaceship when talking to a primitive people without technology. I don't think this can be described as prophecy if he comes back - just making good on an arranged future meeting.

I find it so funny when I hear all these made-up explanations concerning the omnipresent and omnipowerful 'God' and 'Jesus' and all the deep meanings that have been attributed to his alledged words............just makes me laugh!

In answer to the original post - no, I don't think it's the greatest prophecy of all time. As stated earlier, all the self-proclaimed prophets were saying this stuff, so I guess if you generalise enough then someone will claim that you got some stuff correct............

edit on 17/8/11 by JonU2 because: typo

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonU2

I find it astounding that so many people spend so much time reading and quoting these Christian books.

Why do you figure that is? I mean.. not just the "brainwashed" but also the sheer amount of conversation that goes on defaming, denouncing and ridiculing it, loving it, fearing it, broadcasting it, mindless repetition etc..

WHY SO MUCH FOCUS ON "JESUS"?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

im getting tired of this arguement but it needs to be said apparently...

Jesus claimed to be God. He never said "I am the bible". If God was the bible people should assume that God/Jesus would have explicitly stated it.

Correction...

If Jesus claimed to be God..... it would have said it in the bible explicity from his mouth, which you will not find.

But by all means, post the verse where he claimed to be God.... You'll be searching for a while

Others made that claim.... Jesus did not.

edit on 17-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

Originally posted by JonU2

I find it astounding that so many people spend so much time reading and quoting these Christian books.

Why do you figure that is? I mean.. not just the "brainwashed" but also the sheer amount of conversation that goes on defaming, denouncing and ridiculing it, loving it, fearing it, broadcasting it, mindless repetition etc..

WHY SO MUCH FOCUS ON "JESUS"?

...I guess because of the amount of propaganda pushed through about him by the early church creators. They wanted to create this 'Messiah' and certainly did just that. Ever since those days, the 'Jesus Story' has just grown and grown........

It's been passed down from generation to generation of families, hamlets, villages etc etc

Now, of course, it can also be labelled as a huge money-making opportunity. These 'TV Evangelists' (aka Conmen) use the name of Jesus to gain money from their audiences and more and more people have just wanted to believe.............you know, I think that's the real key here, a lot of people just want to believe in this loving, caring dude who will always be there for them.

It's been a great marketing pitch - there is absolutely no proof of an omnipresent or omnipowerful God but you must believe in him because when you die you will be judged on your behaviour according to his rules.........his supposed son came down to give his life for all your sins so be thankful and act according to his laws.

Admittedly, the laws are all positive and promote love but the whole story was created to rule over people and give the church power and wealth.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by rwfresh

Correction...

If Jesus claimed to be God..... it would have said it in the bible explicity from his mouth, which you will not find.

But by all means, post the verse where he claimed to be God.... You'll be searching for a while

Hello Akragon,

John 8:58
Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say to you, before Abraham was made, I AM.

Exodus 3:14, "I AM" means Yahweh which means God.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

reply to post by rwfresh

Correction...

Hello Akragon,

Yes i realize he said that... but that still isn't a declaration that he was in fact God. It only says he existed before abraham. The soul is eternal, and many consider him to be the first born of all souls. I will agree that he remembered where he came from, and where he was going....again he said that.

He did not however say I am God... The "father" is always spoken of as a seperate entity... Meaning NOT the same as the son.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

reply to post by rwfresh

Correction...

Hello Akragon,

Yes i realize he said that... but that still isn't a declaration that he was in fact God. It only says he existed before abraham. The soul is eternal, and many consider him to be the first born of all souls. I will agree that he remembered where he came from, and where he was going....again he said that.

He did not however say I am God... The "father" is always spoken of as a seperate entity... Meaning NOT the same as the son.

Akragon,

The divinity of Christ is a basic teaching of Christianity. To state "I AM" is reference to being God. It's definitive. Only God says this. Look at the next verse, the final verse in John Chapter 8. Verse 59:

John 8:59
They took up stones therefore to cast at him. But Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple.

"They" knew exactly what Our Lord was saying, the reason they wished to stone Jesus.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Li Hongzhi has explained it, Jesus is the Son of Yahweh and their cultivation(energy) levels are different:

Jesus is at the same level as the conventional Buddhas mentioned in the East, whereas the Lord referred to by Caucasians in the West far exceeds that level.

www.falundafa.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

reply to post by rwfresh

Correction...

Hello Akragon,

Akragon,

The divinity of Christ is a basic teaching of Christianity. To state "I AM" is reference to being God. It's definitive. Only God says this. Look at the next verse, the final verse in John Chapter 8. Verse 59:

John 8:59
They took up stones therefore to cast at him. But Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple.

"They" knew exactly what Our Lord was saying, the reason they wished to stone Jesus.

Again, that is not a proclamation of him being God. Sent from God perhaps, but not God. As i've said, if he was in fact God.... he would have said it. I have no doubt he was sent from God, even Gods son... because like i said... The authors of the bible wrote down that he said those things. Look all you want, but you won't find a place where he said I AM God. Simply because he wasn't God.

Lets look at the exact same situation a little later in that book. A group of jews getting ready to stone him because as they say.... "For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man,makest thyself God"

Read his response carefully...

31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Notice the question mark where i bolded for you... He refutes the claim that he actually said, he was God. Why would he do that, unless he was Not actually God. We know Jesus did not lie... So knowing that, if they wanted to stone him because he said he was God, would he not say "thats true i did say that"?

If he was trying to avoid persecution(which he never did) when the romans came for him to put him on trial, would he not say "im not Jesus"..... Of course not, he did not lie.

So... again, why would he correct these Jews when they tell him..." You make yourself God"

IF he did not lie as we know, and he was actually God would he not conferm what they said?

Do yourself a favor....

Look in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and even Thomas.

Find out how many instances he himself proclaimed "I am the son of God".

Then try to find, I AM GOD in those same books.

edit on 19-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It's the Greatest Prophesy of All Time, until, like all the other prophesies of this ilk, it completely fails to pass. The Bible is so vague and full of inconsistancies and contradictions, you can read anything into it that you want to. Which makes it all rather redundant.
edit on 20/8/11 by NocturnalPhantom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join