It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Brainwashing like this that will make the masses welcome martial law.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The media around the world is certainly starting to prepare us for accepting martial law. Take a look at this Associated Press story about Anonymous attacking B.A.R.T.
Hackers Protest BART Decision to Block Cell Phones

Here's the paragraph that made me ill

The action by a hacker group known as Anonymous was the latest showdown between anarchists angry at perceived attempts to limit free speech and officials trying to control protests that grow out of social networking and have the potential to become violent.

Let's count the spin in that short paragraph. It's "anarchists vs officials" "Anon is angry at (perceived) limits" "officials are just trying to prevent violence" This news story may have just swayed me into the Fans of Anon camp. Someone has to fight these attempts to quietly usher in the police state. Surely martial law is coming but lets force them to do it more quickly than they'd like to in order to give people a chance to remember when they were free.

I live in the Philadelphia markets as far as local news goes. Philly's been having quite a few flash mob issues lately too causing the mayor to issue a 9 o'clock curfew for under 18s. Hmmmm, let's see, we've got a few kids raising hell so lets punish them all. That's a slippery slope right there my friends. Again what tweaked me was the local NBC anchor covering the parents picking up their kids who violated curfew. Every person they interviewed was complaining about the curfew but the proverbial "most people" were behind the action.
Hey Main Stream Media!!! Pics or it didn't happen!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Indeed.. I don't know why anyone thought Martial Law would come suddenly -- that would lead to chaos and revolt. They will piece meal it in (already in process for over a decade) by making the American Public think it was their idea.

cj6

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Maybe the fake alien invasion will be an excuse to impose martial law?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Agreed. The USSA is the most massive and successful brainwashing experiment in the history of mankind. The morons in this country will be begging for martial law pretty soon.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by faithparadigm

See I read your quote as this:

The action by a government run hacker group known as Anonymous was the latest showdown between government run anarchists angry at perceived attempts to limit free speech and officials trying to control and infiltrate protests that grow out of social networking and have the potential to become violent.

There's good old Anonymous doing exactly what the government needs them to do again.
edit on 15-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Its natural for TPTB to have a scapegoat so that the public begs for martial law.

Order out of chaos - is how the Elite rule.

Anonymous creates the chaos and the public begs the Elite to restore the order at the cost of their freedom.

"Remember, remember, the 5th of November,
When Anonymous destroys facebook, thrown out our freedom forever"

edit on 15-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Just for the record, UK is proposing this same very thing. Cameron stood up and asked if similar "restrictions" should be implemented here. Luckily there are quite a few debates about this issue in the MSM, with the "pro" advocates assuring us that it will be only for short periods of time and in the interest of public safety. See, order your police force to stand by and let the looting/burning take place, then you can come up with all sorts of "tougher" restrictions in the name if protection.....

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I think anon is being used by the TPTB to restrict our freedoms. What is funny is how not long ago they were basically just a collection of normal people like you and me that helped perform distributed ddos attacks against companies/gov sites they think deserved it.
What I find weird is how they turned into a hacker group over night, which is something that has nothing to do with ddos attacks.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Have you noticed how slow the Government's reaction is towards Anonymous? Its not like top secret NATO files were hacked into! (sarcasm)
Something tells me that the Government is just letting Anonymous do their work just like how the police did nothing and let the riots in London escalate.
edit on 15-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

From the link op provided.

The action by a hacker group known as Anonymous was the latest showdown between anarchists angry at perceived attempts to limit free speech and officials trying to control protests that grow out of social networking and have the potential to become violent.

Fools. Cell phones have nothing to do with free speech. Ever. They are and always have been a tool of the big system. We have been lulled into some kind of consciousness here that says it is our right to pull this box out of our pockets and talk to others far away. What foolishness.

Cell phones create a dependency on the corporations who provide the services. They basically give you the phone at first to get you hooked just like that first line of coke. Cell phones are a drug not a right.

Didn't we know that when cell phones became a threat to the big system they would be yanked? They have always been controlled. Pay for this, pay for that. Buy our service cuz it's better than the others, never mind that the plan was set up by marketing engineers who specialize in duping suckers.

Cell phones are a convenience not a right. A worm on a hook.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I just really love preemptive strikes against "potential" violence.

This kitten could someday grow violent. Lets kill it.

This crowd could potentially get violent, so let's cut their phone service. That should keep em complacent.

The best way to incite violence is send a cop.

"Our officers were sent to protect the group from violent swells. As soon as they showed up the crowd became angry and uncontrollable." It allways pans out the same way.

Let em try and brainwash us. Those who see this as a ploy will not recieve the cerebral scrub.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

See I read your quote as this:

The action by a government run hacker group known as Anonymous was the latest showdown between government run anarchists angry at perceived attempts to limit free speech and officials trying to control and infiltrate protests that grow out of social networking and have the potential to become violent.

There's good old Anonymous doing exactly what the government needs them to do again.
edit on 15-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

12 months ago I would have scoffed at you for this post... Now? I don't know. It certainly seems plausible. TPTB needs a reason to make the sheep beg for internet controls.
These are sad times.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Experts say transit agency website an easy target

Title says it all.... as in ... it was easy.....

... posted the personal information of more than 2,000 people who signed up on myBART.org.

So here's the rub...those people who's data were exposed... can they sue BART for not adequately protecting their information? I doubt it.

... hackers exploited a vulnerability in the site's security. .... characterized the attack as "low tech" ... the hack could have been accomplished by downloading free software available online.

So, anybody could have done this... customers BART data was not secure.

A transit agency spokesman didn't immediately respond to a query.

Why not? Secrets? Liabilities? Don't care?

... BART shut off wireless access in its San Francisco stations Thursday night to disrupt a planned demonstration.

If you were holding a parade and I got a bunch of people together to block the road or area so you couldn't carry out your protest.... would that be legal?

I LOVE the allusion to "anarchists" and how the Bart action "was perceived" as an attempt to limit free speech instead of actually being one; while further enjoining their readers to associate social network used in support of demonstrations as having "the potential to become violent."

Where they get the anarchy thing is easy... it's fear mongering.
Where they get the "perceived" limitation of speech is easy too... it's a lie... it actually WAS an organized execution of a plan to make the protest impossible to organize...
The latter melange of ideas linking social networking, protests/demonstrations and violence is typical ham-handed meme-creation.

Everything has the potential to become violent... sporting events, concerts, street fairs, clubs, bars, pubs... shall we ban those too?

top topics

join