It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Year 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
What will it be like when the entire human race accepts the existence of ETs and knows they are visiting us? Will history become split into "before" and "after"? Will we start to see humanity less as a bunch of strangers and more as a family?

Do you think the ETs will mostly be positive minded?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I recently begin reading William Bramley's book gods of Eden and thought his claims were very interesting. Bramley explains his theories on how aliens have had a long-lasting mostly negative impact on human existence. He begins with the ancient Sumerian texts in which the Sumerians write about how the gods became tired of mining on their own and created a new species by putting a god to death and mixing it with clay, a process that was possibly genetic engineering. The end result was homo sapien sapiens, a byproduct of the gods and the original homo sapiens. The original homo sapiens or homo sapien neanderthalensis also disappeared at the same time homo sapiens sapiens appeared suggesting that the gods might have exterminated the original homo sapiens to make room for the new slave race. Ancient tablets credit one god in particular EA as being creator of the slave race. EA is described as being sympathetic to his creation fighting for them to gain spiritual knowledge in contrast to his half-brother Enlil who wanted them to suffer and would call for famines and plagues when they got too noisy. Eventually Enlil called for a great flood to wipe out the homo sapiens. It seems to be agreed that many archeologists believe there was a great flood in the near east thousands of years ago. The Epic of Gilgamesh claims how a Babylonian named Utnapishtim was approached by EA and told that a wipe out of homo sapiens sapiens was planned. He was instructed to gather his family and livestock and build a ship to survive the flood which they did. This story is strikingly similar to Noah's ark as is the story of Adam and Eve. The god or lord god of the bible's Adam and Eve can be translated as the original god of earth. The story which is entirely symbolic says how Adam who is first man, was created by god from the dust of ground an idea reflected from the older belief that people were created partly with clay. Adam's wife Eve was also created artificially and they lived in the Garden of Eden where they were told that all of their physical needs would be met as long as they obeyed their masters and stayed in the garden. They were also told never to eat fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil which symbolizes an understanding of ethics and justice or the tree of life which represents how to retain one's spiritual identity and immortality. A snake convinces them to eat fruit from the tree and become like the gods. The gods did not want mankind to be able to spiritually recover as it would be difficult to make people who maintained their integrity and sense of ethics slaves and even harder when those same individuals are undowed by physical threats because of a reawakened grasp of their spiritual immortality. The gods wanted to permanently attach the spiritual beings to their bodies so they used the flaming sword to prevent them from gaining spiritual knowledge and never rising above material existence. A common misconception is that Adam and Eve were embarrassed about being naked as they ate from the tree of knowledge but it was not being naked that shamed them it was what nakedness represented. Ancient Mesopotamian records depict human beings as being naked while working while the gods were fully clothed. The implication is that Adam and Eve were degraded by their nakedness because it was the sign of their enslavement not that being naked in itself is bad. The brotherhood of the snake was created by EA and was devoted in the beginning to helping humans achieve spiritual salvation however were incapable to do so much like the snake in the Adam and Eve. EA was villonized his title changed from Prince of Earth to Prince of darkness and was labeled Satan or the mortal enenmy of a supreme being and keeper of hell. The brotherhood of the snake created a group of one god religions that such as Islam,Christianity, and Judiasm to keep people divided and created apocalyptic beliefs that constant final battles are necessary to achieve a new period of spiritual salvation. In my personal opinion and I may be wrong but it appears today most religions including Christianity and Islam calling for final battles with Christianity warning of an Antichrist that will lead people to one other religion and one government, things that would probably be beneficial in a sense of being united but things the gods don't want. The Tower of Babel bibel story suggests that the gods would rather have a group of people disunited and unable.to speak the same language, a bad position for the human race and something that contrasts greatly with what our gods are supposed to want for us. It should be noted that Zechariah Sitchin provides the Sumerian tablet translations and I provided the views on the Antichrist, Christianity, and Islam from what I inferred from reading.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I venture that this is already the case. That those people who do believe we are not alone, do relate to the rest of humanity as family instead of strangers.

Will they be positive minded? Do you mean will they be friendly?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by m1991

I think it depends on how it happens, it would have to be massive. Couldn’t just be disclosure it would have to be some kind of event that means humanity and ET are in co-existence. Even at that, am not sure.

edit on 15-8-2011 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
For much of history, human beings assumed there were other intelligent beings living on or in the Sun, Moon and planets. Except for a few religious fanatics, life would simply go on as usual. Of course, nations would jostle to sign exclusive trade treaties and US Magazine would run features about celebrity aliens. (Assuming they don't simply assimilate us.)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
They'd see what we've done to the planet and if it was still able to be saved, probably start a be green friendly or we'll wipe you off the face off the earth before you completely destroy it, maybe they'd take a few good ones wipe out the majority of the glutenous ones and warring and just everything bad and hit the empty recycle bin button and defrag the earth and start a new, with a history book see this what happened last time dont make us come back here again or we'll wipe you out for good and just use it to grow cattle lol.
edit on 15-8-2011 by kaoticf8 because: cant spell its lateeee

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
human race arent ready for ET, we wont untill we get rid of certain emotions that i would now call evolutionary baggage.

greed was useufull for survival in cave man time to survive, and for mating, the more meat you could catch or had the more women you would get and the more you could survive off that food. But we dont need greed anymore yet it is a simple but extremly powerfull emotion that still kill millions and millions of people evrey year, weather it be greed for food(heat attacks) money (normaly #ing over people in poor countries) or diamonds (kill hundreds of Africans a year if not thousands) or just minning in general. and it all to gain money, this post might seam a bit off topic but if you understand fully how corrupt the emotion of greed is then you realize it is a destructive thing in a world that dont need greed anymore. and if alien where tht intelligent to see that we cant hinder this basic emotion aswell as other i will not go into such as angst, hate and addiction( it will be a thesis then LOL) aliens will not come down, these are destructive emotions, hard to understand considering we feel them evrey day, but they are.
\

Buhdah once said we are only a image of what are minds have thought, unfortunately what we have thought in the past have been bad thing we still think them evrey day if not every hour, i know i do!! sub consciously or not. but its still there. TBH im gonna say something that probaly most of you will diss agree with but im gonna say it.

Emotions have no use in todays world!

and for such a big claim well you would expec me to explain myself and i will.

we dont need anger any more? (well what if some one attacks you? well if i got rid of anger i one swoop why would they?)

mating with the person you love isnt needed anymore have DNA dating site to make sure you genes are so opposite you child will get the best of both sides, hence making a good child. Not saying you wont fall in love but matting would be diffrent and the human race would ween out more desesies as we go along this way.

greed, again like all the above a primal instict evolutionary baggage we dont need any more, human have progressed lot faster than evolution have so fast to the point we can question evolution before it has even happen, we can even have good guesses of what will happen, we dont need greed anymore since all the necessary facilities for survival are available.... but not to all Africa, south America, Asia because of people greed for money and things powerfull to please the ego.

I know i have painted an ugly picture of the human race, but there is a beautiful side to it aswell, but unfortunately in this present time that beauty to ugly ratio seam unbalanced but then asgian when has it even been balanced?? would aliens come down to a nation that is unbalanced? let alone peaceful???

if there intelligent, what i said is only a minority compared to the percentage of what they would consider for contact.

we are still very basic animals with basic principles, jsut because we call ourselfs an intelligent race because of a few human being that are to us geniuses such as Hawkins and Einstein and other person that give you faith in the human race dont mean we are all intelligent!!

hope i got mypoint across

one love!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by m1991
What will it be like when the entire human race accepts the existence of ETs and knows they are visiting us? Will history become split into "before" and "after"? Will we start to see humanity less as a bunch of strangers and more as a family?

Do you think the ETs will mostly be positive minded?

I would point someone to this post in regards to whether or not aliens would be peaceful or warlike. Lot of good discussion and points regarding the topic.

Cheers

top topics

join