It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing breathing~ Ghost?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I'm hearing breathing sounds, they don't come from me, and it is not all the time....its like deep breathing and it's scaring me. I have also heard, and felt, breathing in my left ear, twice..many years were in between each one.

I would really like to know what this is, I don't hear it all the time, sometimes I can go months without hearing it. I have never heard a 'ghost' speak, although I have seen a few (none that I knew when they were alive, I might add). The first time I heard and felt the breathing, I was 15 and looking in a mirror, there was only me in that mirror! and I wouldn't sleep in that room again for a long time.

Im not going crazy, my hearing is perfect, I'd really like to know it isnt just me. Im not particularly spiritual, and I don't really want to involve mediums as I wonder if that might make things more intense, you know...if I show an interest. I know it sounds nuts, but it happened again last night and that is why I am freaked atm.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

That certainly would scare the crap out of me.

Hopefully someone will come along and give you an explanation that will make you feel more comfortable.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

It's just evil spirits messing with you. When you hear the breathing tell it to leave in Jesus Name.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

I could say that you are experiencing contact with entities within the 4th dimension. This is my take on this one because the same has happened to me. I started seeing weird colored pattern moving also (like multicolor forms).
To add to it we are in a time were our spirituality is developing at such a fast rate that it would scare us. Do not worry about it. If I can give you an advice start reading about Taoism you might rethink of your position about it as being scared for example when it shouldn't even matter at all.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I was going to recommend the same.

Simply Tell them to leave.

I had some entities messing with me years ago soon after moving into my home.

I do think that they want to see you become frightened and probably get a kick out of it.

One showed up at the foot of my bed, the hooded variety with no face, the first time I was shocked but the second time. I went after it trying to kick it.

It never happened again after that.

I told them to get out....AND that I don't want to see or hear them any longer....In Christ's name.

My Dog still follows them around the house and refuses to stay in certain rooms at night but I stood up to them and they don't annoy me any longer.

They do try to mess with my Wife though. If we leave the closet door open overnight, she has weird dreams and doesn't sleep well.

Don't live in fear.

Command them to leave.

edit on 15-8-2011 by nh_ee because: typographical defects and anomalies.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
OP,
The ear is very complexed, but what you are experiencing is no spirit or ghost. It's most likely a form of tinnitus.
unfortunately tinnitus is not fully understood and can be caused by many things. You can google tinnitus to find out more.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysteryskeptic
OP,
The ear is very complexed, but what you are experiencing is no spirit or ghost. It's most likely a form of tinnitus.
unfortunately tinnitus is not fully understood and can be caused by many things. You can google tinnitus to find out more.

Now this is the type of explanation I was talking about.

Not "Leave in Jesus Name"..........how laughable.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I can tell you my experience with something dark and oppressing in my home...The leave in jesus name stuff was a joke, if anything it made it worse.
However getting angry and confrontational and saying Get the F... out of my house seemed to do the trick!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I have had Tinnitis after a car crash, for a month or so after an accident, it doesnt sound the same. That was in between hearing this, and doesnt explain being able to feel it on my neck/ear too. It also doesnt explain how other people have heard it the same time, although mostly it has been when I am alone.

What I don't understand, is the dead don't breathe! And since I am not religious in the least I don't think Jesus would help me. It has happened in all the places I have lived in, like it is following me. I really like the "it's just evil spirits..." that makes me feel better. Not.

I also have no idea what the 4th dimension creatures could be.

Maybe its an animal flying into the room I am in and making itself invisible (joke).

I have never spoken to it. I dont want it to answer back, I would just like to know what it could be, and why it keeps happening. If I had never actually felt it, and only heard it, I wouldnt think of posting.

edit on 15-8-2011 by CherryV because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Ghost,or imagination?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

Who knows! if its imagination, it was shared

I dont know, no idea whatsoever. I always assumed if it was a ghost, they would speak, not breathe. Why do they need to breathe?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

To do exactly what they are doing to you as in annoying you.

That's why.

This is unexplainable by conventional means and is apparently paranormal.

I as well as others have only tried to help in telling you what has worked for us.

You are obviously not seeking answers but merely want to chat on the topic....

Maybe you can go to a psychiatrist and/or the local pharmacy and find a remedy there.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

i understand your concern , i live alone and quite regularly i feel somebody getting into my bed at night , i feel the mattress compressing with their weight and i sense a presence .
i also occasionly hear three loud knocks on my bedroom door at around 7.30 am .

like yourself i would love to get some answers to what is going on .

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherryV
I have had Tinnitis after a car crash, for a month or so after an accident, it doesnt sound the same. That was in between hearing this, and doesnt explain being able to feel it on my neck/ear too. It also doesnt explain how other people have heard it the same time, although mostly it has been when I am alone.

What I don't understand, is the dead don't breathe! And since I am not religious in the least I don't think Jesus would help me. It has happened in all the places I have lived in, like it is following me. I really like the "it's just evil spirits..." that makes me feel better. Not.

I also have no idea what the 4th dimension creatures could be.

Maybe its an animal flying into the room I am in and making itself invisible (joke).

I have never spoken to it. I dont want it to answer back, I would just like to know what it could be, and why it keeps happening. If I had never actually felt it, and only heard it, I wouldnt think of posting.

just curious, you say you see spirits but you are not spiritual? Then what do you believe will happen to you after you die? You may not believe in Christianity but what about God or the supreme entity? I'm just curious of someone who claims to see spirits, and also hears breathing and rules out medical to it is paranormal has no spirituality?

Next I may have missed it, other people have heard this breathing at the same time you heard it?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

I'm not ignoring others suggestions just to gas on about this topic, thank you for yours, I was slightly relieved that it wasnt just me this has happened to. Thanks to others suggestions too. Its good to read that others share this experience....and I appreciate ALL input even if it is not what I want to hear.
Thanks also for the comment on psychiatry and pharmacy.....but I shant bite on that one ok .

I do not know what happens when we die. I dont know what I think happens when we die either.

I believe in all sorts of different things, ghosts/spirits/UFOs....and I am the first to admit that I dont understand much in the way of spirituality, thats why I came to ATS, to find out more. People in general, dont want to talk about it. Thought this might be a good place to find out if this has happened to others...and now I see that it has so I dont feel so weirdy about it all. I was always too scared of seeing these and hearing the breathing to do anything about it, let alone speak to them, even if only to tell them to go away

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

Wow that is freaky, you must be scared to go to bed at night, or do you get used to it? How long has this been happening to you? I hope we can find some answers
I think, just sharing and knowing we are not going thru a similar thing alone helps.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

no it does not scare me because it does not feel evil or anything like that .
i grew up in a haunted house it was an old vicarage , so maybe that has helped.

it just feels strange and i would love to know why it is happening and who it is .
i don,t think that i have any psychic abilitys so i don,t think its me thats summoning it up .
i have only been in this house for 8 months so i have yet to find out its history .
but maybe its something that is following me because it happened at my last house .

i hope we can find answers to both of our experiences . good luck

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I am hunted by a Breather

edit on 15-8-2011 by LadyS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyS

Ahh excellent thank you (and for the one word post there), I put in searches for breathing/ghost/spirit and nothing came up...I'll message a mod tomorrow as its late here & see if they want to close this thread, and I only read the first page so I'll catch up tomorrow

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

No need to delete your thread, it's probably not the same anyway. I just put that up because it was interesting in a fantastical and entertaining way. Take the time to read it, there are some posts that may be of interest but be forewarned, the OP was likely a hoaxer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join