It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stopped lurking & joined.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hello all, My purpose of joining was to be able to voice my opinion of my observations of being a 48 year old male human being....living my life out on the blue ball we call earth. Diversity and different opinions is what makes us special over all other lifeforms on the blueball with us.

Of all the things that can be taken away....or opinions we keep for as long as WE want too. To cause some one else to change their opinion is a enormous task....Lets get started.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Hi openyourmind1262, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Welcome aboard the crazy train.
Good luck and God speed.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Hope you find all the answers your looking for.

P.S. Don't take as long as I have to get 20 posts lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS ya old fart
hehe. Prepare to be enlightened humbled, angry, joyous and the whole gamut of emotions lol. I extend my hand in friendship and peace :-) I just hope I get it back in the same condition. Don't worry about stars and flags and the 20 posts will be there before you know it. Again, welcome to the craziest sanest site on this thing we call the internet :-)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by itbenickp

Getting older is getting wiser....And remember ageing mind over matter....If you don't mind getting old, it don't matter
Thanks for the extended hand of friendship..

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by djmeloDramatic

I hope so too, also hope to answer afew myself, Thanks

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Thanks, yes Ron Paul is my choice also..

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Haha indeed my good sir indeed. So to help ya get some of those posts outta the way, what subject matter on here are you most interested in? Any personal story that made an impact on your life you would like to share with the class?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I raised my two children as a single parent... It was the hardest thing I ever accomplished in my 48 years. I raised them from the age of three and 18months till, well last night!! LOL Their now 24 and 26 own lives own problems.

I would in no way say I'm a rich man, money wise that is. But the expereince of my life is worth billions to me. Death in no way scares me. I watched my mom & dad grow old and past away, I watched my children grow up and turn into fine adults and I have the love of a wonderful woman, what else do I need?

edit on 15-8-2011 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I applaud you sir!! Raising 2 kids on your own is no easy feat. Especially taking into account bow inundated kids are with media, gadgets, toys, etc. Shoot, my patience is tested raising 2 puppies!! What particular subject matter are you interested in on here?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Government lies, religion ( or lack thereof) alien existance, anything dealing with 911, ripping the bible is allways fun. Our founding fathers, ( who are rolling over in their graves). I beleive my first thread will be about the Pyramid at Giza and what exactly my thoughts are about how & why it is here. That's one subject my little mind has been on since I was about 8 years old.

I had an uncle who was a sheriff and I later found out he was a 33rd degree FreeMason. I quickly put together why he had so many books and artifacts about the Pyramids.. Interested ever since.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Most of the stuff and reasons I joined this site as well. My last thread was about religion but I put it in the rant forum. Feel free to check it out, flag it if you'd like but flags and stars are inconsequential to me. I look forward to that thread on the pyramid a Giza sir :-)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I hope you enjoy your stay and I look forward to hearing your input on the multitude of interesting threads around here.

Peace

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tachalka

Thank you, I see your signature. I would take that to mean year of birth? If so my son is the same age. I allways like folks who say " Peace" As I tell my soon, what an abstract way of saying good bye, Peace is something the world has not seen in your lifetime, and unfortunately mine either. We can only hope. again thanks.

top topics

join