It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook is down!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Hmm, interesting, i thought taking down FB woudn't be very productive and just doesn't fit with Anon. Funny it's coincidentally went viral just as first round between FB and G+ begins..

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

Hey rat say Hi to Angela for me

Anonymous has denied that it is organizing or supporting an official attack on Facebook, but acknowledged that hackers associated with the group are pursuing the endeavor. "To press ... #OpFacebook is just another fake! We don't 'kill' the messenger. That's not our style," the @anonops Twitter feed tweeted early this morning. About two hours later, however, the group followed up by saying that "#OpFacebook is being organised by some Anons. This does not necessarily mean that all of #Anonymous agrees with it." Those mixed messages, of course, highlight the inherent difficulties in trying to track the activities of Anonymous. Given that the group is a loose collective of hackers with no central authority, anyone who says they are a part of Anonymous is a part of Anonymous. As a result, if a few people get together in the name of Anonymous and decide to hack Facebook on November 5, Anonymous is behind the planned Facebook hack.
source Its a mixed message that depends on what part of Anonymous you ask
you remember that tea party thing? that started as a good idea and then went off the rails? it went something like that. starting with paypal. notice thats when this new (i believe CIA) anonymous began going after the people and not the "censors" but we all know we will never accept a genuine killswitch unless we ask for it. it would be in a hack attack that everyone was mad over, or widespread rioting (i hear britain is well on the way to a killswitch as we speak, even grasping at cell shutdown capabilities) point is, think about how easy it would be to subvert and destroy anonymous, then how easy it would be to control it for a while as you make it do what you need. which way is more "neo-con?"
edit on 15-8-2011 by GenerationXisMarching because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Ahhh who cares... let it all fall down.
I mean honestly. Does it really matter if you can't see what everyone else is doing every damn minute of the day?
I really don't need to know what someone had for dinner or see someone's vacation pics from some boozed out weekend or see how many times they played Farmville because they still don't know how to click off that option.
If I want to see how someone is doing, I simply pick up the phone and call them.
Remember phone calls? Or better yet write a letter...
Personally I think FB has become an competition with people... A "look how awesome my life is right now" kinda duel or they compete with how clever they can word a phrase.
I click on FB and everytime it's pretty much nothing but a big disappointment anyway and end up clicking off within a few minutes.
What I'm more upset about is that we all made ZuckerNerd wealthy and famous.
So where is our cut?!? Where's our piece of pie?!?
He may of thought of the concept... but everyone who participated in his concept made him the $$$.
i say divvy it up and give it back to everyone connected to it.
It's not like they can't figure out who's connected... since we can't delete our own info

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenerationXisMarching
point is, think about how easy it would be to subvert and destroy anonymous, then how easy it would be to control it for a while as you make it do what you need.

no structure no public face so that if you have the means you can do the deed and lay the blame I agree nothing is perfect

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Numb2itall

i promise, it wont be the ones who might read a thread like this that will care so much. it will be the useful idiots that will shout the loudest. thats just a prediction. we'll see

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GenerationXisMarching

Eh... I'm over FB and everything else for that matter.
Big people, Little people... people are just people and all life is is one big fat fad waiting to be overcome by the next...
I think if people knew how to get away from FB they would but for a lot of them, it literally is their world and they see no escape.
At least here people share ideas... sometimes...
Even this site gets on my nerves with the "your wrong/I'm right" babble...
Meh I'm going to bed.
I had the most horrible dream last night...
We were all living in a giant machine, and our whole lives were devoted to it. We would work all day building the machine... expanding it... and when we got tired we would sleep there until it was time to wake up and start building again. It became clear that we would never escape the machine but would just continue to build it larger to make it seem like we weren't trapped inside of it. It was a dismal realization.
I woke up several times but every time i went back to sleep I was back in this dream.
Finally I got up and just walked outside for the rest of the day.
I definitely need to step away from Technology for awhile... that's the message I took from it.
I wish you all the best.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Numb2itall because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join