It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War is inefficient.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Wars are not something that an intelligent race should be doing. Lives, money, resources, and what ever else lost to a pointless destructive cause. To me, war is a backward step in humanity, and it makes me wonder, would ET's really invade?

I know some of the massive technological advancements came about in war times (medicines, planes, and what ever else) but is it worth it?

costofwar.com...

$1,250,000,000,000 is what the American government have been spending on the War on Terror. That's a lot of cash, that's a lot of resources, and it's possibly a giant waste? I know this is cliche when I say, if everyone got along the world would be so peaceful and what not but why would a super intelligent being feel the need to "conquer" other planets that harbored life. They could probably build something similar to the deathstar if they wanted, seeing as they are hypothetically able to cross galaxies. The thing is, they could be more like us than we think, maybe they are warmongers. People say we have changed as a species in 1000 years (culturally). No more medieval styled battles, just the ANP shooting at children without caring.

Imagine if all that money went into something completely amazing, imagine if they were able to fund huge projects that could possibly redeem us from ruining this planet and even jetting off to a new one. We waste a lot of our greatest minds in trials of destruction, war and power. It's inefficient for the species.

Just my outlook on the whole Alien invasion thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by VraxUK

You have hit the nail on the head my friend.

The whole 'alien invasion' thing is a deliberate concept created by The Powers That Were (Vatican pedos/Pentagon pedos/Nazi Satanic Bankers) to keep
humanity in the dark about their true potential.

When you are in 'fear', you are less likely to evolve spiritually.

The pineal gland is the key.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
There is no bigger profit maker than a war, or potential threat of one.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
For technological nations Like Britain and the US war is good , given our economies are built on it and a lot of peoples jobs depend on it .
Wars also have the added benefit of lowering populations , trimming the dead wood if you like .
I see no reason why an ET race wouldn't go through the same process , it seems to be the way of technological advancement , most tech we use today is born of the M.I.C .
There are probably many intelligent species in our neighborhood , some with the capability to travel the stars , and out of those species some are bound to be a bit Klingon or Borg like .

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
i agree. there must be a better, cheaper way to annihilate our enemies.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The e.t.'s won't invade because they don't want a united force of people against them. From what I have read it appears the e.t. Created one world religions that preached that we should constantly engage in 'final battles' to achieve spiritual immortality. I could be wrong but it appears they want us disunited.

new topics

top topics

join