It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Use your real name or else. New social network will force Google+ users to identify themselves.. or

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Here it comes, the beginning of Censorship on the Net..
What are your thoughts on the new google + Police,
and how do you feel it may affect the entire Internetwork?
What's interesting here, is that they demand censorship
for everyone but themselves, i mean the little guys behind
the curtain from OZ running the show here on the illusional
stage of reality.

Use your real name or else. New social network will force Google+
users to identify themselves.. or leave the site
www.dailymail.co.uk...

exerpt:
Web users who go by bogus names will be booted off the new Google+ social network.

The company has recently launched the network as a rival to Facebook.

But If Google learns the name you're using on the network is not your real name, you have just four days to clean up your act. If you don't your profile will be removed.

Saurabh Sharma, product manager on the Google+ team, announced the new rule in a video shared on YouTube and on Google+.

The company said it tried to make connecting with people on the web more like connecting with people in the real world, so those signing up for the service are required to use the name they commonly go by in the real world.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

[mod note, image removed]
edit on Mon Aug 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

Good info S + F.

Its been rumored that this has been coming for some time, the end of anonymity on the web. A few Congressmen have suggested it as well.

While there are plenty of people who use their real names, many do not. Unless these companies work in collusion, which they often do, I think many people will gravitate towards those services which provide some level of privacy.

Startpage being an example:

www.startpage.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
As for me personally, I won't be making a Google+ account, no thanks. I don't like having my life on a website. This is just another way for TPTB to collect information and monitor us.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Good info S + F.

Its been rumored that this has been coming for some time, the end of anonymity on the web. A few Congressmen have suggested it as well.

While there are plenty of people who use their real names, many do not. Unless these companies work in collusion, which they often do, I think many people will gravitate towards those services which provide some level of privacy.

Startpage being an example:

www.startpage.com...

Yes, absolutely. What's happening is the infiltration of control over the
lives of ordinary people. And what is bothersome to me is that their
infiltration of the entertainment industry making it the most immoral
places of all time, but Youtube and places like this, will eventually be
replaced by NuTube or something so they can do away with youtube
forcing people to obey they're rules of no anonymity. And being Anon
will become illegal. The whole thing is going to be a disaster.
edit on 15-8-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
There are so many reasons not to advertise a 'real' name.

Your full name is part of your bank details. You are in a position or status that encourage people to talk to you for work reasons when all you want is your close friends and family on your account. You have multiple accounts for work and home. There are crazies and your name is associated with groups which crazies sometimes gravitate towards. Your friends call you 'tiny the blue hamster'.

I'm seeing this anonymous thing come up more and more often, and for all the wrong reasons. Forcing people to identify themselves online isn't going to stop the crime or issues from anonymous users ... likely it will just increase the amount of successful identity theft, and give people a false sense of security.

I won't sign up to that service.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

That's an Excellent point! It should create a red flag for most people who really
think being anti anon is 'Ok' or a good thing. It's a sign of not only Control by
a handful of psychopaths with money and power, but it's the personal lives of
those who can't defend themselves against predators. This whole thing is the
most ignoramus idea they've thrown at us yet.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

Yes i've tried google chrome but i don't completely trust it either. There are
probably better ways to be anon online though, like linux.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

And anonymous is planning to destroy Facebook on November 5th 2011? www.slashgear.com...

Sounds like Google black ops too me if Anonymous doesn't "destroy" Google Plus too.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
There is always ways around it, Mainly Google ask you for your mobile number for account verification, they text or phone you and tell you a code,

How else can they make you identifie your self? Photo, or scan your birth certificate, Not even the police have everyone on there data base, so they cant always rely on them

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

And anonymous is planning to destroy Facebook on November 5th 2011? www.slashgear.com...

Sounds like Google black ops too me if Anonymous doesn't "destroy" Google Plus too.

Actually i will admit i have my reservations about Anon, and who they may/may not actually
be associated with. But i actually do hope they bring down face book because i've been
wanting to delete my old account but without leaving anything behind. They could do that! and
yes, good point also i think G+ should be taken down too.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
There is always ways around it, Mainly Google ask you for your mobile number for account verification, they text or phone you and tell you a code,

How else can they make you identifie your self? Photo, or scan your birth certificate, Not even the police have everyone on there data base, so they cant always rely on them

Thats why i've never given that personal info out, and when signing up for yahoo or
some other mail accounts or newsletters, no one should ever give them their real
name, always use an anonymous one. Using a credit or debit card however could
be a problem..

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

If Anonymous actually succeeds we could see new tighter internet restriction laws sprouting up overnight. The natural thing what every one would do in case Facebook is completely destroyed is join Google Plus. If Anonymous doesn't do anything about it would be a kick in the face of millions of Anonymous supporters.

Order out of chaos - is how the Elite rule.

Anonymous creates the chaos and the public begs the Elite to restore the order at the cost of their freedom.
edit on 15-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

I have thought about this as well, i dont trust anything anymore. Someone just posted
a video i'm going to post it here as well. It looks recent, it seems Anon has taken
down quite a few gov sites world wide, and it doesnt look good.

And now that i think about it, it does seem like the movie V for Vendetta was a Precursor
of what they were planning.

originally posted by Soficrow here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-8-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I never really bought this Anonymous fad as they are too good to be true. They where masks and base their beliefs from a popular movie, V for a Vendetta, which reeks of illuminati symbolism and is made by none other than Hollywood. Plus they have had immense success in hacking the CIA, Banks, Amazon, Paypal etc. with ease where the government response so far has been alarmingly slow. You would think if people's data were hacked into and top secret NATO documents stolen, we would see a severe crackdown in internet crime and more internet restrictions, but NOPE - nothing so far. Its as if the Government is just letting Anonymous do their work just like the Police did nothing and let the riots escalate in London!

All of this stinks of a clever government black ops group which is on its way to deceive the public into making them think that they are on their side against the evil government.

edit on 15-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I have no need for Google+. There are instant messaging clients, especially Jabber with encryption. There is e-mail which can transfer pictures, audio files, anything you want really. I have no need for a third party like Facebook or Google+ to act as a 3rd party central hub to collect all my data. It is ridiculous that people feel tethered to these sites. The internet allows the use of a myriad of protocols for communicating and sharing, and these sites are novelties that people are now viewing as essential. I can run my own web page on my own server. I don't need a "page" on a social networking site. All people have done by flocking to them is give up their privacy and their autonomy. Now when they start requiring some kind of internet license to even connect to an ISP, then there is a real problem.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

I do feel that, and i agree with your analysis on this whole thing, that people
are becoming aware of this, and thinking about it from the standpoint you
just added, that people are slowly rejecting it all as utter and complete
crap. But again, being aware of it, will help dismantle it. or the world will
explode into complete chaos and that'll be it. I do look forward to the latter
to be completely honest. Either way, this place most definately is coming
to it's end demise.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This is clearly connected with Googles aspirations of rolling out facial recognition acrtoss the whole net...
(Can't be boithered to post links because anyone who watches what google is up to will know this for a fact they've said it enough times!).

It's funny when you think that their motto used to be "Don't be evil!", all they are now is a glorified ad company supplying subpar search results whilst collecting and selling EVERYTHING you do online!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
i don't get it, i have a alias on google+ and haven't gotten any hate. My freaking name on there is Anon Ymous...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
easy way to beat this..

everybody in the country (or world) all change OFFICALLY their name to "Eric Schmidt" and all their passports and driving licenses.

Then register on G+

top topics

<<   2 >>

join