It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vows to protect nuclear scientists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Iran vows to protect nuclear scientists

www.ynetnews.com

Iranian Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi announced last week that the regime will increase security around its research staff, according to the Iranian news agency. This is said to be a first step in a series of measures to protect Iran's nuclear scientists.

The announcement is a first indicator that the regime is concerned about the fact that four key individuals involved in the development of the Iranian military's nuclear program were assassinated over the past two years, Yedioth Ahronoth reported on Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Well this is highly suspect. Four top people involved in Iran's nuclear program have been murdered. My initial reaction was the US is behind it, then maybe Israel then probably both. The article mentions that Iran is claiming these killings are coming from within, possibly because they don't want to admit they are vulnerable to foreign powers. They are not saving any face in my eyes, it seems to me that these people were targets of the West. I for one do not want to see Iran get the bomb. There are already WAY to many countries with that horrible destructive power. One is too many. What are your thoughts my friends? Do you truly believe this is a homegrown Iranian problem or do you think that these men have been targeted by the US/Israel?

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Well the US and Israel are best buddies who hate Iran, so I'm gonna say it was done by those two countries. Cant really see why they would be killed off by their own countrymen.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Sucks to be Iran.

U.S. and Israel (1 in the same?) have it out for them...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

I can't really either. I sort of doubt that there is some weird Iranian contingent of anti nuke scientists hell bent on keeping Iranians from acquiring the bomb. Then again maybe there is. Heck maybe Iranian govt. sponsored it to make the US and Israel look bad. Maybe the scientists felt remorse. Who really knows.

Money is still on US and Israel though...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I for one do not want to see Iran get the bomb

I for one hope that they do.

There are already WAY to many countries with that horrible destructive power.

Agreed, but if all the kids in the playground can have a nuke, why cant iran have one too?

Do you truly believe this is a homegrown Iranian problem or do you think that these men have been targeted by the US/Israel?

I think these men have been targeted by The US and Israel.
I wouldn't be suprised if we find out Israel stole more austrailian passports and murdered in our name yet again.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Why on Earth do you hope Iran gets the bomb? Because the other kids have them too? Seems a poor excuse. We should be actively trying to rid ourselves of these things. I don't mind Iran having nuclear energy, but I certainly have a problem with them having a finger over the button.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Its obviously mossad assassinations, the Isrealis are determined to stop iran acquiring
nuclear weaponry. They can't launch a direct assault because the united states and groups
within Isreal are against the idea, so they resort to more covert ways of stopping the iranians.
The latest stategy seems to be assassination and computer viruses like stuxnet. How its all
going to end is anyones guess, personally i think Isreal may resort to a full out attack on the
nuke reactors within Iran before the end of 2011.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

reply to post by meathed

Why on Earth do you hope Iran gets the bomb? Because the other kids have them too? Seems a poor excuse. We should be actively trying to rid ourselves of these things.

I don't mind Iran having nuclear energy, but I certainly have a problem with them having a finger over the button.

Wow, it's okay for the US and Israel to have their itchy fingers over IRAN but not the other way around....hmm..... i see your point! (sarcasm)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by tawewe

I have a problem with the US and Israel having nukes too. Have you been able to wade through the first page yet? Thanks for letting me know you were being sarcastic. It was hard to figure out.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Not really an unbiased source and this one bit says it all IMO..

involved in the development of the Iranian military's nuclear program

There is NO evidence of a military nuclear program and certainly none in the link..

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Too bad Israel and NATO will no doubt go to war with Iran next year with the UN and the mainstream media branding it as a "humanitarian crisis".

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
There has not been so much talk about this in the media. Seems the usual suspects are free to assassinate scientists today. After the Iraq-war started they proved that they would bomb journalistic headquarters. There is also no doubt that they will take out civilian infrastructure. I think there is a double-standard in the world. The real racism is that you can do whatever you want in the countries where people are poor and they are not white. Try the same thing in a rich country and it will be a different set of rules that apply. The worst racists don't wear swastikas, they use guns and bombs to defend the interests of the rich countries. My conspiracy theory is that people know that the oil-age is over and they want to start wars with countries that has nuclear fuel. It's not about the bomb, it's all about the money.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Iran watching their scientist ...lol What do thay expect?! They want to play the nuke game.

Anywho, when the heck are they gonna release those two dudes (hikers that they've been holding for a couple of years) that story pops up (that they are gonna have a verdict/penalty announced in a week and then weeks pass by and the media forgets about it!!)

Iran needs to release those dudes and Iran needs to pay the piper for their BS.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Who cares? Let them have a nuke, why is everybody so concerned?

"Oh no, they're developing nuclear weapons! You know, those things we have thousands of? Yeah, they're trying to make one!"

What is the big deal? Are nuclear weapons the "in thing", and we don't want other countries stealing the cool-kids fad?

If they want to develop nukes, that's for their country to decide, not ours. We are not the policemen of the world.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tawewe

reply to post by meathed

Why on Earth do you hope Iran gets the bomb? Because the other kids have them too? Seems a poor excuse. We should be actively trying to rid ourselves of these things.

I don't mind Iran having nuclear energy, but I certainly have a problem with them having a finger over the button.

Wow, it's okay for the US and Israel to have their itchy fingers over IRAN but not the other way around....hmm..... i see your point! (sarcasm)

Thats not what the point of people not wanting Iran to have a nuke is about......

IRAN has CLEARLY stated that they WILL use a NUKE on ISRAEL.....

I guess all you closet Nazi's are ok with this.... but I don't wanna see anyone get nuked no matter what atrocities they have commited....

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by longtermproject

Thats not what the point of people not wanting Iran to have a nuke is about......

I guess all you closet Nazi's are ok with this.... but I don't wanna see anyone get nuked no matter what atrocities they have commited....
My ass. I say let them develop nukes. If they nuke another country, the world won't just say "Oh well, too bad!", Iran will be wiped off the map and possibly most of if not the entire human population will become extinct from mutually assured destruction.

Humanity could use a good nuking, we're screwing this world up beyond repair. Oil spills damaging the ocean, radiation damaging the atmosphere and potentially all life on earth, corruption, non-stop wars, genocide, crimes against humanity, pollution on land, the oceans, and in space, global warming, BS laws, poaching, tearing down forests faster than they grow, destroying the habitats of animals who were there way before us and contributing to extinction, I could go on and on.

Regardless of my extremely cynical view of society, we are not Iran's mommy and daddy, they are big boys and can think for themselves. Let them run their own country and relax.
edit on 15-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

reply to post by meathed

Why on Earth do you hope Iran gets the bomb? Because the other kids have them too?

Yes, that is the only reason why i feel that way.
Confused?????
Well, unlike you, i dont think that Iran would use them ( nukes) in an offensive manner, but they could and would in a scorched earth style policy. ( as in destroy their own infrustructure and resources to prevent the US and their Zionist puppet masters from getting them)

Seems a poor excuse.

Agreed, but, The US and Russia have the most nuke's on the planet, so i dare say it , the Americans and the Russians are a little more pathetic.

We should be actively trying to rid ourselves of these things.

Agreed, but until America and Russia start to destroy every last one of their nuclear warheads, well , why should others stop trying to make theirs???????????

Well then your a hypocryte.
edit on 16-8-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by longtermproject

My ass. I say let them develop nukes. If they nuke another country, the world won't just say "Oh well, too bad!", Iran will be wiped off the map and possibly most of if not the entire human population will become extinct from mutually assured destruction.

Humanity could use a good nuking, we're screwing this world up beyond repair. Oil spills damaging the ocean, radiation damaging the atmosphere and potentially all life on earth, corruption, non-stop wars, genocide, crimes against humanity, pollution on land, the oceans, and in space, global warming, BS laws, poaching, tearing down forests faster than they grow, destroying the habitats of animals who were there way before us and contributing to extinction, I could go on and on.

Regardless of my extremely cynical view of society, we are not Iran's mommy and daddy, they are big boys and can think for themselves. Let them run their own country and relax.
edit on 15-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

Im not saying the world wont wipe em off the map... Im just stating exactly what they said they would do if they had nuclear weapons. They want Israel gone, even if it means they lose alot of people..... Sometimes I worry that they are crazy enough to do it... lol

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1
In addition to US CIA and Israeli Mossad, there are Iranian exiles such as MEK, (terrorist group) receiving funding, training and terrorist supplies from the US and Israel.

Recent news on MEK

If US removes Iran's MEK from list of terrorist organizations, will it matter?

American political stars who've been raking in big bucks in return for speaking on behalf of the Mojahedin-e Khalq (MEK). The Iranian exile organization is currently on the US list of terrorist groups – but many in Washington would like to see it rehabilitated into an ally to go after the Iranian regime.
. . .
The MEK hasn't killed a US citizen since the 1970s, when it assassinated six Americans – two of them military officers – while it and other groups were trying to oust Iran's US-backed Shah. After the Iranian revolution, the group lost a bloody power struggle and went into exile abroad. Many of its members landed in Saddam Hussein's Iraq, where they participated in attacks against their native country in the Iran-Iraq war and also helped Hussein's bloody crackdown against Shiite and Kurdish uprisings inside Iraq after the first Gulf War.

Although the US is already funding other terrorist groups in Iran, the MEK would like also to "legally" receive US funding. Most likely the MEK is bidding to become the new "Government in Exile" recognized by US, so that US can install these terrorists into power after a theoretical US toppling of Iranian Government.

JundallahFrom Wikipedia
People's Resistance Movement of Iran. The group has been designated a terrorist organization by Iran, and has been linked to and taken credit for numerous acts of terror, kidnapping and smuggling narcotics.[17] Many observers believe the group is linked to al-Qaeda.[18][19][20] Iran has long alleged that the U.S. government is supporting Jundallah. Several other sources such as the ABC News, Daily Telegraph, and journalist Seymour Hersh have also reported that Jundullah has received support from the United States against the government of Iran,[21][22][23][24] although the US denies any involvement.

War With Iran? US Neocons Aim to Repeat Chalabi-Style Swindle
In 1991, Iraqi exiles set up the Iraq National Congress (INC) with funding from the CIA. Under the leadership of Ahmad Chalabi, and flush with tens of millions dollars in US government funding, the INC allied itself with the neoconservatives in Washington and unceasingly beat the drums of war, presenting itself as the popular democratic alternative to Saddam Hussein and feeding faulty intelligence to an eager media and Bush

administration. Eventually, they succeeded in dragging the United States into disastrous war that cost Americans and Iraqis their lives and caused incalculable damage to American prestige and power.

Now, history may be repeating itself.

The US has done this sort of thing in Somalia, and currently in Libya.
edit on 16-8-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join