It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Scratches Through Her Skull: The Itch

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Still no names, professional accounts such as journals etc...

More hear say evidence aka just stories.

The junkie theory seems to fit the best and IF this is true, which it most likely is not then she must have had some heavy drugs like PCP or what not.

Again; names, dates, reports, pictures please this is ATS not some glossy magazine. We need facts.

-Deny Ignorance-

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Alpal

Only thing I can think is that there was an infection because she had been scratching for so long. I would be surprised if this is fake, but also if it is real. If she scratched for a year or two above the hairline mebbe.

I think I read a different article about the same lady years ago. That one claimed that this had gone on for a while, and it was not before well she got through her skull that she got medical attention.

But yeah it really sounds far fetched to me as well.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Pics or it didn't happen baby !!

It may be possible, but it's not probable in the least. I'm calling BS too.

You do know that writers at the New Yorker have a sense of humor, right?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I sometimes notice that when I use certain shampoos my head feels like it has thousands of cuts on it. I used to think it was something aliens did to my scalp in my sleep /sarcasm, but I guess I've just been itching in my sleep. I don't actually believe this story to be true though, it sounds just like all the other urban legends.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I saw this exact scenario on an episode of house. I'd think you'd probably lose a lot of blood doing this as the scalp tends to bleed pretty bad, let alone digging right into the skull.

i'm not sure you'd wake up at all from this

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

You wear socks to bed?

That would make me itch.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Indeeeeeeeeeeed !

POIDNH ! ( > Art of Saving Bandwdith )

edit on 15/8/2011 by Pr0sp3r0 because: Forgot the necessary N initial !

edit on 15/8/2011 by Pr0sp3r0 because: Mods, may you have a thought about The Art of Saving Bandwidth (TASB) ...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I have that sitting right next to my computer!!! Its so beneficial when I don't have anyone around to scratch my back for me! lol!

I also read the entire article! It was pretty fascinating when they went on to talk about the magic mirror and the benefits it has for phantom limb patients. Anyone ever do that trick as a kid, where you overlap your hands, clasp them together with interlocking fingers, and then twist your arms toward your face. Making your left hand appear to be your right and your right hand appear to be your left. Have someone pick a finger for you to lift, but don't touch it. Most of the time(especially when I try this with my kids), your brain gets confused and you lift the wrong finger. It feels like the right one, but its not.

This is such an amazing article on perception. What more wonders about our brain can be unfolded. Whether the article is completely factual, the point is absolutely wonderful. Our brains are pretty freaking amazing!
edit on 15-8-2011 by Violetshy because: added stuff

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Brain is grey not pink. LOLZ

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This woman has a story and she's just itching to tell you!

No, I can't even think of her scratching through to her brain during the night. So many questions.

As long as she's alright, there's alot of jokes in this story, but I'll save everybody here my Stand Up Comedy Routine, so you then can come see my shows this weekend at everyone's favorite place for laughs in Vegas.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
hi op thats creepy
i can relate though
i suffer from eczema and many times woken during the night with blood on my pillow and arms
and in extreem itchiness ive even used a knife to scratch myself
i even bite my nails right down but still wake up bloody
so far ive been ok
but the hot weather triggers it thats why i prefer winters lol

I get eczema too, it only pops up now and then as if it's something I eat or the weather or a combination of some unknown factors lol, but on the odd occasion, myabe a couple of times a year it gets reasonable bad(nowhere near as bad as I've seen it on some people though), and as you know to scratch it feels sooooo good hehe, and anyway on these occasions, I, like you, have woken up with blood on my sheets, I really only get it on my lower legs and sometimes on my arms(never had it on my head/face), it's nothing major but it's weird waking up to blood on my sheets and a wound that looks like I've fallen off a bicycle onto gravel. I can somewhat relate to the story, but due to never having it on my head its a bit alien to me, but honestly the only thing that takes away the itch of eczema when it's bad is to scrath your skin right off til there is more pain than itch. Not sure about scratching right through the skull though, that's bizzare.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'd say that's impossible considering your fingernails would go much, much sooner than bone.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

That's true, and I seriously doubt she picked up some utensil and started itching her skull open. Wouldn't she have seen blood all over her pillow in the morning and a fork with bits of brain on it?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I feel like this is going to be one of those things to use against your kids to stop scratching their head.

"Ya know Johnny, if you eat the seeds of a watermelon, you'll turn into one."

"Ya know Johnny, if you scratch your head too much, you'll scratch through your skull."

I remember one time I scratched my head a lot one night I started bleeding. But I think this woman was subconsciously using a tool, that she trained herself to use during her sleep. I know I'll be more aware of scratching in my sleep after this thread though lol

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I don't buy that anyone could scratch through their own Skull using their fingernails....

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
That's an awful thing to wake up to. Makes you think about restraining your hands before bedtime. Hope she has the brains to do that next time

I think more people would have that problem if it actually happened though. You would wake up if the itch was that bad.
edit on 15-8-2011 by ooScotty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It is possible she has Epilepsy. When everyone thinks of Epilepsy they think of the full on 'tonic clonic' seizures. Falling over, massive body spasms. We used to call those 'Grand Mal' Seizures. But Epilepsy is displayed in hundred of different ways. I've seen patients leap put of chairs and hit the wall opposite during a seizure. Every Epileptic is different. I used to know a guy who, when he had a fit, He would run into wall and bounce off of them. He would gouge at his head like he was trying to tear something out of it. He tore a hole in his head so deep once, you could see skull. So i think it's possible, maybe over several nights of Petite Mal seizures and if the wound was in her hair, she may not notice. She had a history of depression, which can lead to Epilepsy.
edit on 15/8/2011 by ShiftyMedi because: Spelling Mistake

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Im calling BS on this. I don't think its possible.The skull is incredibly strong ,to get through it surgens have to use a drill.Not to mention her bed would have been covered in blood.

yep...something else caused this..it would be impossible for a human to scratch right through their skull overnight.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
MOHS hardness of a fingernail: 2.5. MOHS hardness of bone: 4 or higher.

Meaning, fingernails will never scratch bone, just like glass will never scratch diamond.
edit on 8/15/2011 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This brought to mind a song from Utopia ('80s), "Itch in my brain". Sorry if this is too retro.

edit on 15-8-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join