It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off my chest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Just need to release a few things.....

1.) Been seeing(and not just here) a lot of young people making comments about what or how older people should act. I'm not old, only 32 over here. To a 12 years old sure I guess it's old. To someone who is 40-60, I'm still a young punk. My gripe is at what point did some kid(anyone younger than me) get the power to decide when I had to grow up? Meaning, I'm a grown up, but will never grow up..Comments about all my earrings and other piercings, that I guess I should know better and take out now, cause I am older? What type of music to listen to? It's funny, I'm sure I did the same thing when I was in my teens and twenties. Then you get to your late 20's earily 30's and you look at things a little differently. Anyway, I'm more babbling than ranting I guess? Just quit it will you? I'm me, this is who I am, don't have to change for no one MOM!! Deal with it, get to know me for me, not my appearance, which means diddly.

2.) Music channels? Do they exist anymore? Mtv used to be somewhat cool when I was but a pup. Music, music, music, little talk, music, music. Now, dumd show, dumb show, Carson ,Dumb show, Real World 50, Road Rules, Britney.......Mtv 2? Same deal, it was way cool when it first came on, now it's the same as Mtv, oh and I forgot the is no other type of music but RAP(from another post)! Just like radio, Mtv, Mtv2, VH1 all suck now, no music all talk, and stupid shows? Why? Is this really what people want? Makes me want to stand in an elevator and listen to musaq(spelling). I'll start my own channel. Just my music, no shows, no sponsors, NO RAP......bling, bling...be off the air in a week.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
1.) I hate anyone younger then me. When I was young I respected people who were older then me, and I still do it now. Kids today have no respect at all for their elders.

2.) When I want to hear music, I turn on the radio. No music video is cool enough to watch. The only time I ever seen music related material on Music channels is around 2 or 3 in the morning. VH1, MTV, MTV2 & FUSE all play their music content when the kids have gone to sleep. They don't need ratings late at night I guess.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I hate people who hate people just because they are young... i have had a really bad experience in this recently when i was house hunting... we were declined for at least 50 houses all because of the fact that we were all under 25 and male... i have full respect for the older generation if they can respect me as a person and not just look at me as some young punk, as soon as they treat me inferior because of my age then i will treat them like the old senile sacks of # they are.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
I hate people who hate people just because they are young... i have had a really bad experience in this recently when i was house hunting... we were declined for at least 50 houses all because of the fact that we were all under 25 and male... i have full respect for the older generation if they can respect me as a person and not just look at me as some young punk, as soon as they treat me inferior because of my age then i will treat them like the old senile sacks of # they are.

First off it was a rant so

Second I never said anything about hating anyone who is young than me in my post. My wife and I just bought a house 2 years ago and basically went through what you described and I was 28-29 at the time with a good job. I don't look at someone like a punk until they act like one. Old or young can still be a punk. Obviously you missed the point of my rant, which was that alot of younger people seem to think that someone older than themselves(could be 1 year or 10 years) seem to think that they should not do certain thinks anymore because of their age. When in fact why should that be a factor. I love you man, peace

[Edited on 8/18/2004 by bobafett1972]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
bobafett that wasnt intented to attack you, and i know exactly what you mean, and i would probably feel the same when i'm your age... i was responding to the quote by bangorangrufio

'1.) I hate anyone younger then me. When I was young I respected people who were older then me, and I still do it now. Kids today have no respect at all for their elders.'

Its generalisations about the youth that annoy me... sure we can be rude and brash, but generally we're not all bad and we do respect our elders if they respect us, if they instantly assume we're not worth their time and effort as we are young... thats when the disrespect starts

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I don't even listen to the radio, just cds that I like and already know I like. Can't stand two songs and 15 minutes of commercials, then idiotic blather, then two songs, etc, etc. *L*

I like videos that are either clever and humorous or that are performance footage. Linkin Park is a current favorite of mine. Good lyrics, solid musicianship, not too cutesypoo on the video. Otherwise, I've no use for these channels anymore. Except Fuse which still plays lots of actual music videos.

As for young people... the ones I find the most disrespectful are usually dressed like rappers and sluts. I guess it's cool to behave badly. I grew up listening to rock and metal, but I was also taught how to behave properly by my parents and toed the line on that. I just don't pay any attention to them, except to shiver with the realization that they'll be running the country when I'm too old to mow 'em down. *L*

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BangorangRufio
1.) I hate anyone younger then me. When I was young I respected people who were older then me, and I still do it now. Kids today have no respect at all for their elders.

OUCH- that one hurt, i am 16- i have full respect for my elders. But it shouldnt be about that why cant kids and adults be equals ( i get on with my mum so well because we are equal - but i have full respect).
I realise their are 'youths' out there today that are rude, but that has always been the case- it hasnt just changed all of a sudden- kids just have more rights now ( i am not saying kids have the right to be disrespectful).

Treat others how you like to be treated yourself and all that...

I only listen to what i want to listen to- dont bother with music channels

[Edited on 06/27/2004 by misspickle]

new topics

top topics

join