join

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

Not just civies, but humans in general... leggo my ego

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

How many 9/11 attacks have we had since we went overseas? NONE. Your freedom has been preserved by eradicating the problem and people who wish to do you harm before they have the ability or resources to do so. Its call preemptive. Taking care of a situation before it happens.

I know this is maybe a foreign concept to some of you. But please, just "thank them and be on your way"

listen, they only needed one event, that's it.....now the ball is in their court and they are pushing for the score....everyone has stayed quite complicit through the years, so they didn't need to cause another new pearl harbor event.....the statement below was written back september of 2000.....pnac is a group that paul wolfowitz, dick cheney, george bush, william crystal, etc....belong to....you can see exactly what their mission was and the results of 9/11 fit the bill perfectly....everything they wanted came into fruition...so, they didn't need another one, this one worked just fine...if you read the rest of their report, you'll see that they wanted to take over the world with our military and fund it to the hilt....the stage was set and they got what they wanted....sick, just sickening.......in fact, there's a several news reporters that morning said that it was like a new pearl harbor event..youtube it and see...,,

project for a new american century

Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, IS LIKELY TO BE A LONG ONE, ABSENT SOME CATASTROPHIC AND CATALYZING EVENT– LIKE A NEW PEARL HARBOR.(emphasis added)
edit on 16-8-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

TeIsolationism is no longer a viable option with the world becoming more globalized every year. It would do far more harm than good. xt

Oh, look, it's Kro32.GOV

You make every effort to discredit Ron Paul

You support the wars

And now you are promoting the notion that "globalization" would do us more good.

Paints a bit of a picture..... (***cough****cough)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
All this about why we went to war in Iraq/Afghanistan is just scintillating. The military (i.e., your brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, and friends) are a tool, nothing more nothing less.

Hating us just pisses us off after we get home and increases the divide between the sheep and the sheep dogs.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Yes the American puplic has footed the bill of the US led invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan , whilst the big contracts that are paid out upon the rebuilding of those countries infrastructure primarly to US companies. Which then fund future presidential campaigns and also line the pockets of big companies and the good ol boys !

it's daylight robbery of the US tax payer under the guise of "humanitarian intervention "
edit on 16-8-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

ETA , Kro , check out the list of the US conflicts , thats why the Bush doctrine was created , because they were afraid of retaliation

killinghope.org...
We came, we saw, we destroyed, we forgot
edit on 16-8-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

The US military is designed to break stuff and kill people. And don't start with IT WAS DAT DEBIL BUSH!

Ever heard of Somalia? Kosovo? SYRIA? Yeah. Democrats misuse the US military more than Republicans do.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine
All this about why we went to war in Iraq/Afghanistan is just scintillating. The military (i.e., your brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, and friends) are a tool, nothing more nothing less.

Hating us just pisses us off after we get home and increases the divide between the sheep and the sheep dogs.

nobody is hating you, we are hating the psycho bastards that are sending you guys over there....people are thinking that maybe if others did their research about what was going on in the political field right now, then maybe they wouldn't think joining the millitary would be such a good idea....just like, if no one would hire on at the irs, we wouldn't have to worry about paying illegal taxes......but, since they do hire on with them because they are good at numbers and need a job, we are stuck having to pay illegal taxes.......the same with the wars, if no one signed on after doing their research, the psychos wouldn't have any wars that they could get rich off of...especially the arms industry....wink wink.....

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

As a Vet, I must commend a bravely put and well thought out argument. It is not unpatriotic, nore is it a defamation of character to those that have served. We as Americans and as Ameircan Mitlitary have been deluded into many a combat situation that was not in our national interests. However as part of the the military discipline you still must follow orders.

The world as a whole must wake up and take a serious look at what is going on. The greed, corruption and sheer power hungry monsters of the world are consuming us. As massive one year strike against all governments would be nice.

Anyways, well put, thanks for perspective.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder

nobody is hating you, we are hating the psycho bastards that are sending you guys over there....people are thinking that maybe if others did their research about what was going on in the political field right now, then maybe they wouldn't think joining the millitary would be such a good idea....just like, if no one would hire on at the irs, we wouldn't have to worry about paying illegal taxes......but, since they do hire on with them because they are good at numbers and need a job, we are stuck having to pay illegal taxes.......the same with the wars, if no one signed on after doing their research, the psychos wouldn't have any wars that they could get rich off of...especially the arms industry....wink wink.....

I stand guilty of not reading the original post completely. And I hate it (when people start sentences with "and") when I do that. I stand corrected, and agree with the OP that the real threat is domestic and not foreign.

My apologies.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I stand guilty of not reading the original post completely. And I hate it (when people start sentences with "and") when I do that. I stand corrected, and agree with the OP that the real threat is domestic and not foreign.

My apologies.

no problem....we just hate to see you guys getting killed over there for these sick jokers that have usurped our government....I've had friends that died over there and now that i know why, it just makes me sick to my stomach.....some people take it out on you guys, i know this, but i also know that when you are told that it is for your countries safety it's hard to see it any other way, especially when you see your friends die next to you,,,you don't want to believe that it was for nothing.....could you imagine if the all of the soldiers found out simultaneously that the whole thing was a sham and had been planned, what they would do? it would be like armageddon on the whitehouse....they don't want you to know these things...if you did you wouldn't go die for their causes....

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

My apologies.

no problem....we just hate to see you guys getting killed over there for these sick jokers that have usurped our government....I've had friends that died over there and now that i know why, it just makes me sick to my stomach.....some people take it out on you guys, i know this, but i also know that when you are told that it is for your countries safety it's hard to see it any other way, especially when you see your friends die next to you,,,you don't want to believe that it was for nothing.....could you imagine if the all of the soldiers found out simultaneously that the whole thing was a sham and had been planned, what they would do? it would be like armageddon on the whitehouse....they don't want you to know these things...if you did you wouldn't go die for their causes....

heh. You don't want to piss of the millions of men and women that have given all for 10 years running. We have all the good guns.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I hear what you said very well, it is a strong articulate message that almost holds serious truth to the matters that you foreshadow. But it is wrong, as a civilian you sort of fit into one of the benign or malign groups. Yours is malign, probably because it's healthier for a nation to retain some groups of malign organizations and individuals to maintain balance. But this has recently been used to serve the purpose of the "imperial" agenda. I use the term imperial indifferently so as to differentiate between the imperial and "republic" I also use the term republic in the very old sense of the term to describe you and your thoughts and actions

First I would like to point out the democratic benefits to the republic that you seem to represent. We elect those to represent us and when they fail to do so we replace them as soon as possible. This is the basic definition of a republic, it's supposedly a great form of democracy, to be more democratic is actually to encourage more individual power over the entire scheme of things like we often do with local props and gay marriage votes etc where each individual that qualifies gets to vote, but encouraging more democracy would require the readjustment of the entire federal level of power. The current paradigm of the United States' Republican vs Democrat seems to have nothing to do with the above. (Which is a fitting conspiracy topic all on its own imo.)

You sir seem to be part of the benign group of the caste of individuals known as civilians, please recognize that the military is part of a separate caste and has recognized you and me as part of the civilian caste. We work symbiotically and I'm sure most of what you do as a person is symbiotic in nature with the second of the four classes you don't belong to. (I really have no idea which one you fall into but your argument seems to be the opinion of the civ caste.)

Second point is that the above paragraph only applies to you because the 3rd and 4th caste, the corporate and politician has actively worked together with only parts of the second caste to garnish all the support from the largest most influential caste the civilian. They effectively Turn a malign entity into a benign one, closing the ceiling of potential which an individual or organization's influence can have on their plans; Their plans are to win a tough fight. Israel is a strategic zone for trade, trends, and defenses against a horde capable of invading like barbarians into Rome, they are presently doing so literally.

America, although an unlikely outcome is still in threat of becoming the most disgraceful short lived empire/superpower the world has ever seen. It seems to have always been this way, if it wasn't the British it was the south, or the North Korean, Vietnam, or the Soviet, communist- Asians, radical Muslims, whatever the threat may be, they are always trying to secure their place in the world closing the gap between the super power and themselves. Most have failed the reason maybe the extremely well contrived union between the politician caste and the military caste resulting in the CIA NSA FBI, and ATF. This arguably justifies their victory in turning most demostic groups against them into supportive groups IE “Radical” Militias.

These organizations like the CIA have been linked to operating illegally while the fed refuses to allow itself to be audited these shadowy organizations wage wars on our minds, fight over information and even move battlefield lines to accomplish their tasks all while holding their cards close to their chest so as not to allow the enemy to gauge our true power (Fed reserve reference). Some of the ways they do this are with the drug war, war on terrorism and the soviet scare, and false flag operations.

drug war: Money to fund operations that does not have to be accounted for, allowing the CIA to point the crime to their own enemy fighting terror with terror.
War on terror: A true threat. The consensus of the military, politicians, involved corporations is that America must engage; It is much better to bring the fight to them then to allow them to engage us in primitive tactics that prove effective against our superior technology fighting style and mastery over the conventional war.
False flag operations: A true happenstance that is arguably justifiable in the past,(pearl harbor) the most recent possible false flag is 9/11 and if this is true or if you find this to be true than my entire post is no longer applicable, or applicable to you and you can finish reading but don't even bother replying with a cherry pick I'm simply being fair here and discussing not trying to win.
One of the reasons that I could be entirely wrong and you entirely right rides on how much of a self inflected wound 9/11 was, if it was then my previous 2 points about terror and drug wars are fake and we are living in 1984.

America is in a tough fight for the life style as we know it, we've been here before, so far we've come out stellar, ignoring many imperial victory standards and trends while adhering to many others. Part of the way we adhere is in some forms of neo occupation how we use parts of the corporate caste to tax and levy victories achieved by the military caste. While the civilian's who agree to this are hardly sheeple (Wal-Mart Employees and shoppers), some of those who disagree like yourself are truly wolves looking out for their estranged military brethren.

Almost done the military personnel have made their choice many of them including myself (A civ) think you're wrong, we haven’t made up our mind about illuminati. We also haven’t (or have but disagree) made up our minds about the Free Masons who's possible origins come from the first international consolidation and birth of the 2nd and 4th caste known as the military and corporate union.

Our current military fight to defend walls and lines that if razed will allow the enemy to gain an advantage they've yet to attain. Although this may not destroy us, it increase their chances to do so if they desire.
However I can see your argument also reigning true if the strategic decision to bring the fight to them was somehow a trap laid by the enemy.

Simply put, this is a tough fight a non choreographed loss is no longer an option the re ante of the stakes by many different proverbial world players has made it this way, side bets and mutliple pots have made things confusing.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Xemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
"You wanna know what I think? It don't really matter what I think. Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that #, just goes right out the _"

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
did you guys not read the post I put up about pnac? project for a new american century.....

listen, they only needed one event, that's it.....now the ball is in their court and they are pushing for the score....everyone has stayed quite complicit through the years, so they didn't need to cause another new pearl harbor event.....the statement below was written back september of 2000.....pnac is a group that paul wolfowitz, dick cheney, george bush, william crystal, etc....belong to....you can see exactly what their mission was and the results of 9/11 fit the bill perfectly....everything they wanted came into fruition...so, they didn't need another one, this one worked just fine...if you read the rest of their report, you'll see that they wanted to take over the world with our military and fund it to the hilt....the stage was set and they got what they wanted....sick, just sickening.......in fact, there's a several news reporters that morning said that it was like a new pearl harbor event..youtube it and see...,, project for a new american century

Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, IS LIKELY TO BE A LONG ONE, ABSENT SOME CATASTROPHIC AND CATALYZING EVENT– LIKE A NEW PEARL HARBOR.(emphasis added)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ariele

U.S. military - people who join it - mostly do it because they get free housing, paid utilities, full benefits, no taxes anywhere, free world wide travel, free college, carrier, so on, and - deployment. Thei sign for it. that is their choice.
so, you are talking about protection...protection from what/ Moster under your bed??? give me a break

No taxes anywhere? Hell, I want my money back then. The only tax free areas are places like Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Somalia. Otherwise, they're taking that fed tax out.

We were designed to be protection from foreign aggression and attacks against allies and interests. Despite our recent misuse, we are still the best protection from that.

And before you say "What about diplomacy, meat head? Ever heard of that? You just want to kill things." Some people just don't respond to diplomacy. Some only know the language of violence. Hence, standing army.

And for the record, I joined out of boredom and for the honor of becoming recognized as a warrior within my tribe.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xemplar
You sir seem to be part of the benign group of the caste of individuals known as civilians, please recognize that the military is part of a separate caste and has recognized you and me as part of the civilian caste.

I do recognise that. I thank you for your acknowledgement of my intent, here. There have been a couple of attacks in this thread; a few people seem to be deeply threatened by what I'm saying, which is perhaps understandable, but regrettable nonetheless.

We work symbiotically and I'm sure most of what you do as a person is symbiotic in nature with the second of the four classes you don't belong to. (I really have no idea which one you fall into but your argument seems to be the opinion of the civ caste.)

Brahmana, (clergy/scientist) Ksatriya, (military/kings/aristocracy) Vaisya, (merchant/corporate) Sudra. (Unskilled labourer; Marx's proletariat)

I'm not ethnic Indian however, so if my use of these offends you, consider them used metaphorically.

In practical terms, my parents were Vaisya until their business was destroyed by being literally bulldozed. My mother now lives as a Sudra, which is particularly difficult for her psychologically, as she was raised borderline Ksatriya. (She went to a boarding school and finishing school, and was taught to consider herself an element of aristocracy)

In practical economic terms, I'm now in the Sudra camp myself; which is almost (but somewhat less) as difficult psychologically for me, as for my mother, as I was given a somewhat aristocratic education as well; although not to the same extent she had.

Temperamentally, however, I'm all over the map. I attended various churches as a Christian throughout my teens, and at a few points was vaguely considering the idea of entering seminary, although it didn't end up happening; and after some fairly strong mystical experiences, I converted to the worship of Kali Ma in 2007. There were a couple of somewhat oddly synchronistic encounters with martial arts teachers during my childhood as well, but that ultimately didn't go anywhere, either; particularly given the fact that somewhat unfortunately, I am really not physically compatible with militarism.

influence can have on their plans; Their plans are to win a tough fight. Israel is a strategic zone for trade, trends, and defenses against a horde capable of invading like barbarians into Rome, they are presently doing so literally.

In the past, I would have disagreed with this; but given some of what I have seen of Islamic aggression recently, now I am not so sure. I believe 9/11 was false flag, and so I don't necessarily think that Islam is as much of a threat as some people believe; but at the same time, I don't think that keeping a wary eye on it would necessarily go astray, either.

I think there genuinely are a lot of peaceful Muslims who aren't really a threat to anyone; but that like any other religion, Islam also has its' demographic of nutcases, and they can be very dangerous. The Quran seems to provide a bit more theological support for extremism than in the case of most religions, as well.

False flag operations: A true happenstance that is arguably justifiable in the past,(pearl harbor) the most recent possible false flag is 9/11 and if this is true or if you find this to be true than my entire post is no longer applicable, or applicable to you and you can finish reading but don't even bother replying with a cherry pick I'm simply being fair here and discussing not trying to win.

I don't see myself as being in conflict with you, here. 9/11 being false flag, doesn't necessarily invalidate radical Islam as a genuine potential threat. What it perhaps *could* mean, is that the government possibly also saw that Islamic terrorists were a genuine problem, but there were also some supposedly leaked memos going around, saying that the Republicans thought that they would need something dramatic to happen, in order to get people on side in a war against said terrorists.

One of the reasons that I could be entirely wrong and you entirely right rides on how much of a self inflected wound 9/11 was, if it was then my previous 2 points about terror and drug wars are fake and we are living in 1984.

I think to a degree, there is a genuine element of that. OBL to my mind, was a very clear equivalent of Emmanuel Goldstein. I'm also not inclined to believe that he was genuinely killed during the recent incident, but that he had actually died some years earlier, and his death was a sufficiently long time ago that the government realised they could no longer feasibly keep up the charade of his still being alive. He was on dialysis for kidney problems; as someone with one kidney myself, I have some idea of what that means.

You've also got Janet Napolitano and her org now behaving in a manner which very much imitates or emulates German domestic intelligence, pre-WW2. Richard Hoagland said a while ago that he'd found out that some parts of the American government was supposedly infested with Nazi ideology, due to the import of some of the German scientists from Operation Paperclip.

So this is the whole problem. 9/11 and the GWOT for me is potentially the lie with the proverbial grain of truth. I'm not going to insult the intelligence of anyone here by claiming that Muslims *never* engage in acts of terrorism; I read about the Cronulla riots in Australia, which occurred as a result of some Muslim men abusing women in bikinis on a beach there. There have been other cases where Islamic individuals have tried to enforce their own beliefs on others, as well.

What I am specifically trying to counter, is what I'm tentatively going to refer to as "Colonel Jessup Syndrome," among servicepeople that I've encountered online; which basically implies that civilians are never permitted to have any kind of opinion about military conflicts, and really, that by extension military are not subject to any form of civilian oversight whatsoever.

The point that I think some of the troops themselves perhaps don't understand is, that that attitude is actually as dangerous for *them* as it is for us. It's dangerous because the brass always look out for themselves, to the same extent that politicians do. A lot of people are unhappy about the fact that Bradley Manning has been left to rot in Leavenworth, when he was trying to expose something bad that went a lot higher than himself.

I've seen that before, at Abu Ghraib and other places. Whenever something like that goes public, and the axe inevitably comes down, (as it must, and as is only right and proper) the brass shield themselves, and it is always some supposedly expendable little private who gets it. Don't get me wrong here; I'm not of the opinion that either Lynndie England or Manning himself were necessarily angelic. The problem, however, is that when something major happens, the only people who get punished are those in the lower ranks; when obviously if it is something that big, there is going to be involvement from higher up the chain.

My most pressing concern, in general terms, is that Western governments, (America, England, Australia) are no longer acting primarily as guarantors for the wellbeing of their citizens; which I consider to be the defining responsibility of government. I believe that instead, these governments are increasingly beginning to essentially act as entities of organised crime; they are securing the economic and logistical needs of their own agents first and foremost, and are using police and conventional military in furtherance of that goal, rather than the administration of legitimate civilian defense and justice.

Assuming this is true, it's potentially going to harm the troops just as much as it will us; even moreso in the short term, since we aren't actually the first people in the firing line. I've heard reports of veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan getting home and being amazed at how much the country has changed in their absence, and not for the better. It is possible that the GWOT, then, is actually being used to serve a dual purpose. In addition to the acquisition of foreign resources, to facilitate the attrition and exhaustion of the American and Western military; such that when the domestic fascists have their legal infrastructure and the camps etc in place, the military will either be dead or sufficiently physically and mentally shattered by their foreign deployment, that they will be unable to assist civilians in mounting effective resistance.

Contrary to how it may appear, I do actually want to see an end to the civilian/military bickering that I've seen on this and other forums. I think one way that the troops in particular can assist with that goal, is to abandon Colonel Jessup Syndrome, and begin to realise that both of us have a common enemy, here; which is the government. Governments don't care about soldiers any more than they care about us; you're expendable tools to them, and assuming you make it home alive, they throw you away when they are finished with you. You must have seen examples of that by now in America; the lack of counselling support, etc.

While the civilian's who agree to this are hardly sheeple (Wal-Mart Employees and shoppers), some of those who disagree like yourself are truly wolves looking out for their estranged military brethren.

Again, I thank you for the acknowledgement of my intent.

I think Nicholson's character was correct, when he said that at times, we genuinely do need people on said walls. However, as much as we need soldiers in front of us, I also feel that you need us behind you; and contrary to what you might think, that *doesn't* mean us always being pure yes men. Sometimes it means us saying things that you really don't want to hear, and which might even risk causing you to become genuinely furious with us; but we need to take that risk, because if we don't, there is an even bigger risk that government is going to play us both for fools, and keep us divided while they laugh and pocket the money.

If they do that, and we say nothing while they send you off to die for no reason other than filling their pockets, then ultimately, we both are screwed.
edit on 16-8-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

your right to participate in illegal wars is garaunteed by US foreign policy and the industrial military complex which funds those in power in the US who create said policy.

If your happy killing illegally then carry on !

as far as I can see americans of the united states are already free , well free to carry on with their lives , without fear of being bombed by miltary planes , or being shelled from naval fleets or have fear of gun battles raging in their towns. The US military arent defending their freedoms , their defending future US financial assets!

change the uncle same poster to "corporate america needs you to defend our economic interests"
edit on 17-8-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

And if your asking about who protects america from foreign threats , well thats what the CIA and FBi are for arent they , Intelligence agencies designed to report on threats to america foregin and domesitc.
Apprently they are spending far more money on subverting , or installing new governments around the world than actually protecting the US citizens from attacks. As we all know that they had intelligence on the 9/11 attacks but just sat on it !

edit on 17-8-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
You can't handle the truth!

[...]the American military has essentially served as corporate mercenaries.

You cannot psychologically tolerate the idea that your friends and yourselves have been maimed, psychologically shattered, and killed within conflicts that have been started and fought for no legitimately defensible MORAL purpose.

The reason why I am pointing this out, and begging you to begin to accept the unacceptable, is because for you to do so, is the only way that we can have any hope, of beginning to make this stop.

[...] They exploited your loyalty, your sense of honour, and your commitment to the oath that you have taken, and they did so purely for the sake of their own profit.

Huge! Well put!

S&F for you.

The mighty pen will prevail!

Well penned meme, may it ring on:

The American military
has essentially served
as corporate mercenaries.

Cheers to the ensuing cognitive dissonance and hope for a collective paradigm shift!

Sri Oracle
edit on 23-8-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Here it is. This is what I'm talking about.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

a} That the civilian population both of America and other countries, do not feel that any legitimate defense of anyone's freedom has been accomplished by the invasions of Afghanistan or Iraq.

This is something that can only be attacked and defended with false arguments. "We have all of these stop signs around the roads and we haven't seen a severe automobile accident at an intersection for years, let's get rid of them, they obviously aren't needed, since there aren't any crashes." It should be pretty obvious what is wrong with that. Likewise: "I've had this lucky penny in my pocket and won every slot machine I've ever played; it's lucky and causes me to win!" Is also false.

Take your pick. In the end - establishing a cause-effect relationship between our presence and a lack of terrorist activity in the continental U.S. is difficult to establish without access to data that is classified for opsec reasons.

b} That both of these conflicts were begun, entirely unprovoked, by Presidents who were the product of the corporatocracy, and that they were commenced purely for the acquisition of resources and corporate profit.

Companies that build war machines make profits off of them, yes. Kind of what running a business is about. People have enough reasons to kill each other. The agriculture and arms industries are the two most secure markets in the world.

c} That in said conflicts, the American military has essentially served as corporate mercenaries.

We're everyone's bitch, is what it amounts to. We're used as instruments of foreign policy, policemen, boogeymen, conspirators, etc. We're the universal justification for your pathological delusions.

d} That most importantly, the central motivation behind these wars has been imperial, rather than defensive, in any sense of the word whatsoever.

This is somewhat short-sighted. All major economic powers are going to seek expansion. Where our businesses go, so do our citizens. When we do business with foreign nations, we have a vested interest in those nations and their defense.

As a result, I have, over a period of several years, reached the conclusion that, unlike Nicholson's quote above, it isn't actually civilians who can't handle the truth, but the soldiers.

Over a period of a few moments, I've reached the conclusion that your hubris vastly exceeds your intelligence.

You cannot psychologically tolerate the idea that your friends and yourselves have been maimed, psychologically shattered, and killed within conflicts that have been started and fought for no legitimately defensible moral purpose.

Moral purpose for fighting? This is where you can't handle the reality of what human beings are. Morality has nothing to do with it. Right and wrong have nothing to do with it. Those are all subjective factors applied to the basis of a conflict that always has its grounding in some form of physical or non-physical resource. What it boils down to is some other person wants the same thing I do and it is understood that sharing is not realistic. At which point, I have the option to capitulate or assert my dominance.

That's all war boils down to. You can frill it up all you want to - it is animals competing for dominance. The sooner you understand that, the sooner you will understand how to realistically avoid war rather than kindle the embers of new ones. And the sooner you will be at peace with killing when necessary.

That you cannot tolerate this truth, is entirely understandable. I suspect that the realisation of said truth, has had a lot to do with the reason why the topic of military suicides has recently become a lot more prevalent. You struggle with it, and the resulting sense of betrayal by your government, that you have experienced, for us as civilians probably is genuinely unfathomable; but the inescapable reality is that you are not doing good things in Afghanistan or Iraq. You are not making your country safer, and you are not contributing to America maintaining or improving its' image or reputation in the world. In fact, you are doing the opposite.

Please, do not speak about something you have no comprehension of. Most members on this forum feel wronged and betrayed by the government in some way, shape, or form. It takes more than that to implant the idea in someone's mind that they are better off dead. It requires something far more integral to one's being than a sense of national pride.

www.medscape.com...

The report authors attribute the increased incidence of suicide to "unprecedented demands" that have been placed on the US Armed Forces and their families since 2002. They point out that although the need for military personnel is at an all-time high, military staffing is not adequate to meet the "ever-increasing demand."

This, coupled with the psychological and emotional injuries sustained by many in the military, further contributes to the problem. The task force members warn that "without effective action" the incidence of suicide will persist "well beyond the duration of the current operations and deployments."

online.wsj.com...

U.S. Army data also show the suicide rate is higher on forward-operating bases where soldiers have easy access to phones and computers with which to call home, and lower in more primitive outposts.

"We need to help families understand the importance when their soldiers are deployed of not dragging them back into a life at home that they have very little ability to try and fix," Gen. Chiarelli said.

I've come home from a mere two weeks in a foreign country, before - having been used to my family being around to pick me up and be around when I got back. That's the loneliest I've ever felt - feeling like I didn't have a home to return to (and in all reality - I didn't - it died with my father).

I can't imagine what it would be like to be on deployment and have an issue with a spouse or other family. That is the kind of stuff that pushes people to suicide. We're used to government abuse - we get it from day one.

This message is not intended as an attack upon you. The reason why I am pointing this out, and begging you to begin to accept the unacceptable, is because for you to do so, is the only way that we can have any hope, of beginning to make this stop.

"We don't make policy, here, Gentlemen. Civilians, Politicians do that. We are the instruments of that policy."

The current threat to your country is not foreign. It is domestic. The threat has been permitted to become dire. The hour is genuinely late at this point, and your government has almost reached the final stage of the pathocratic lifecycle which, if it is permitted to run to completion, will literally take the United States of America back to Auschwitz; but not as the cavalry.

You do realize that the military contains, perhaps, the highest concentration of anarchist and libertarian ideologies among non-political organizations. Yes?

Look - we're not going to overthrow the government. You wouldn't like what we'd do with the place afterward. By that same token, if you're not setting fire to # out in the streets like a moron, then we're not going to round you up and take you in, regardless of what orders say. Now - that's most people in the military, not all - some will follow such orders for whatever reasons they have - so it's a good idea to have a general feel for soldiers in your area should such events take place... but, really - it's not a practical deal.

The militias will go ape# and practically decapitate major sections of the federal government in a heartbeat if such orders are given. They have sympathizers in the military, and likely very close ties with upper-tier officer staff.

The only thing I care to do is do away with the packs of idiots that go around tearing up everyone else's stuff. That's not acceptable social behavior.

Again, for you to feel uncontrollable rage in response to this, is only human. All I ask, however, is that said rage is directed at those who have truly earned it; the psychopathic, mass-murdering criminals who have subverted the government of the country that was intended to be the light of the world.

So... redirect your dislike of people for being sociopaths into sociopathic behavior.... good call.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by madjetxe
Military men are “dumb, stupid animals to be used” as pawns for foreign policy.

Henry Kissinger,
National Security Advisor to Nixon, 1973.

Ka-Ching! Another dollar in my wallet.

You know, 'cause I get a buck every time someone on ATS quotes this stupid statement. I get $2 for every time someone compares the US military to mercenaries, too.

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join