It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A note to the American military

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Well I dont like soldiers who have an ego, murdering people doesnt make our country more safe it makes us less safe

i absolutely get your point, don´t worry

but by resorting to violence you´re not better then they are.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Yes the American puplic has footed the bill of the US led invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan , whilst the big contracts that are paid out upon the rebuilding of those countries infrastructure primarly to US companies. Which then fund future presidential campaigns and also line the pockets of big companies and the good ol boys !

it's daylight robbery of the US tax payer under the guise of "humanitarian intervention "
edit on 16-8-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

ETA , Kro , check out the list of the US conflicts , thats why the Bush doctrine was created , because they were afraid of retaliation

killinghope.org...
We came, we saw, we destroyed, we forgot
edit on 16-8-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Oh no, you're absolutely right. I thought I'd made that clear enough in my post. It's your opinion and your wish, so how could that be wrong? It's not up to me or anyone else to determine what you think about the situation, or what you want in the matter, for you. That's all yours, and opinion can't be wrong, simply due to the nature of the beast.

I feel that the attitude I'm seeing here, is saying a lot more about your own issues, than mine.

If you'd actually bothered to look, rather than focusing on your own indignation, you might have noticed that I actually expressed appreciation to someone who described how he has seen that some good actually *has* come of the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq.

Dump the superiority complex. It isn't helping you.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think the problem is the economical system. The capitalism system is possible if war exist. this system cannot live if there is no war. They are linked together. This is the root of our civilization problem.

Capitalism always want to grow his profits, always and always. So eventually, the system have to expand, expand means go conquer other lands, countries to continue to grow.

Unlimited needs on a limited resources planet... think about that!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Dump the superiority complex. It isn't helping you.

Whoa there, hoss. Hold on just a minute.

Here I was, in a pretty good mood and feeling all magnanimous an all. I figured I'd just say my piece and move on to the next thread, and now you've done gone and irked me.

I have a "superiority complex"?

I seem to recall apologizing all over myself for getting involved in your troubles, against your wishes, and backing out.

I have a "superiority complex"?

I'm not the one going 'round telling other folks that they're just too stupid to know what they're doing, or why they're doing it, and if they'll just sit still and be quiet a minute, I'll tell fill 'em in on all that, so they're not in the dark as to their motivations. As a matter of fact, I distinctly recall telling you that you have to make up your own mind, I'm not here to think for you, and that your opinion is just as valid as anyone's - that as an opinion, it can't be wrong. It's what you think, and it ain't my business to reorganize your priorities or thoughts to get your mind "right". It's already right - it's what you think! I can't change that, and I wouldn't if I could. It's YOUR mind, not mine.

Now you want to take that, do your own thinking and the thinking for the soldiers too? Where does your responsibility to think for others stop?

And I'M the one with a "superiority complex"?

You have no idea about me, where I've been, what I've done, why I've done it, or what I've seen, and I don't know the first thing about you. Because of that, I recognize that I've got no business making up your mind, but evidently soldiers are not extended the same courtesy by certain elements - not just you, to judge by some of the off the wall responses here.

So then, here's the deal, and listen close because I won't say it a third time. The next battlefield is all yours, whether it's here, there, or wherever, You can do whatever you like with it - anything or nothing. I really don't care, because I'm giving it to you, right now. I'm going to sit it out, because I've suddenly realized that I've got better things to do, and I'm getting too old for that crap anyhow. Should you decide to step out onto it, well, when it's over, look me up and we'll compare notes - AFTER you've seen the critter.

In the mean time, I'll try and get a hold on that "superiority complex", and wrestle it to the ground, so's I don't offend your delicate academic sensibilities if that day ever comes.

Good lord I hope no peace-loving types come along and try to give me a split lip for just speaking my mind! Seriously, it never fails to amaze me when folks contradict themselves and can't quite see it.

edit on 2011/8/16 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by llmacgregor

God bless the first amendment... : ) "free speech"...!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

This post really hits home for me,why is my own buisness.In my own way I have come to belive that you are right in many ways if not all.The idea of all these 20 year olds dieing and being maimed for what seems like never ending civil wars under the guise of makeing the U.S. safer has become insane.

I will support these men/woman and KIDS without reservation because that is who I am,I understand when a soldier says he feels good about what he is doing when an Iraqi or an Afgan comes up to him and says thank you for what he is doing,they have to keep there world small in order to stay alive and keep there mind right.

The sad thing about this situation is I belive there is nothing we can do about any of this,it is way to deep and gone far to long to think anyone we put in office will change anything.Like you say,the psycho's are in charge and hold all the cards,we have waited to long.........................once again..

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by SirClem

You know what I am implying. Since world war 2 the United States has been the most powerful country economically and militarily. You man not agree with all the policies but that is simply a fact. We did not get that way by staying at home and not spreading our influence around the world.

the reason we became the most powerful country after ww2 was because we were the only (major) country left with all our factories/infrastructure intact. it took europe/russia/asia over a decade to rebuild to pre ww2 levels, while america had maximised manufacturing/infrastructure.

also i think its fair to say america was extremely underrated(because of our isolationism see tactical advantage). imo america was the most powerfull country long before ww2. in 4 years of war we went from not ready for war to supplying all our allies including russia and china as well as crushing a two front war(not historicaly common) developing massive technological advances specificaly nuclear. while other countries where sending children and old people male and female to combat some americans were appalled that women would be working in a factory an unheard of sacrafice.

so please dont knock military isolationism as we did get that powerful with it. though that doesnt mean we shouldnt involve our selves in the world through peacful freindly means. being constantly ready for a war that never comes increases the chance that someone somewhere will manufacture one also it could cause a massive debt that could strangle our economy.in short it weakens us long term

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Good post. I agree.
making and selling weapons is Big business.
and it makes trillions.
But the have to make wars to sell them.
and so what is lots of people die.
american soldiers, the enemy.
women and children.
god that is a lot of lovely money.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Serving in the U.S Army Reserves for 4 years, I can not agree more with the OP, and am ashamed to have been part of an organization that knowingly and willfully participated in two illegal wars; as a mercenary for Corporate interests.

It goes against the principles this nation was founded on, and it's my duty to take this country back from this corporate masters. Now if all my brainwashed cohorts would listen to me/us instead of to them, we could gain some ground. Unfortunately, that won't happen.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Thank you, and I'm glad to see that there's actually people here that can keep a discussion about such a topic civil and, dare I say it, downright friendly.

To expand on what I mentioned earlier, the good that came out of this is not a wall-to-wall policy. Well, it is, but more of a policy by idea rather than by plan or action. It's really down on the low levels that this happens. The company and battalion level mostly. Some examples include:

- My squad leader violating orders (thrice) to pull back from a firefight in order to defend two families who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Getting them away from the fight was more important to him than his or our lives, and I commend him for that.

- Tamud "Terry" al-Hamza who, prior to the invasion, was imprisoned by Sadaam's regime for speaking out against police after they beat his son (15years old) into a coma for unexplained reasons. (To be fair, however, the child's medical care was free.) He later worked as an interpreter for U.S. forces and is now a citizen of the U.S.

- Two British Gurkhas who, despite being within the potential blast radius of a VBIED, continued to provide first aid to a man who had been struck by a vehicle that fled the scene (while the mans 4 year old pounded on one Gurkha's back, I'll never forget that), until he was stable enough to be moved to safety and survived.

Now, admittedly,in two of the three examples I provided the problem was a direct result of the invasion. At this point, though, with the problems already started, it is my opinion that we owe it to humanity to do what we can to lessen the impact. After all, we can't be good Americans if we aren't good people first.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGod
reply to post by petrus4

Thank you, and I'm glad to see that there's actually people here that can keep a discussion about such a topic civil and, dare I say it, downright friendly.

Contrary to what some here have tried to claim, my intent is not fundamentally negative, or to cause discord for the hell of it. This is an issue which I feel needs to be analysed.

These other examples you've mentioned are definitely inspiring. It's just a shame that the intent for such positive behaviour, as you say, seems to be at mostly low levels. If only it existed governmentally.

I worry about whether or not humanity can ever free itself from the psychopathic political structure that we've always had. There seems to be no way out of it for us; the psychopaths just won't leave us alone.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
I worry about whether or not humanity can ever free itself from the psychopathic political structure that we've always had. There seems to be no way out of it for us; the psychopaths just won't leave us alone.

You and me both, brother.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
How many 9/11 attacks have we had since we went overseas? NONE. Your freedom has been preserved by eradicating the problem and people who wish to do you harm before they have the ability or resources to do so. Its call preemptive. Taking care of a situation before it happens.

I know this is maybe a foreign concept to some of you. But please, just "thank them and be on your way"

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

it's all about the oil and money..military just makes it easier to get it. end of a story.
There are no terrorists, jews that run the U.S. just needed a reason to get there. they played out the 9/11 - and there was a reason! Wowwwww jews are smart! when i grow up i wanna be a jew lmao
U.S. military - people who join it - mostly do it because they get free housing, paid utilities, full benefits, no taxes anywhere, free world wide travel, free college, carrier, so on, and - deployment. Thei sign for it. that is their choice.
so, you are talking about protection...protection from what/ Moster under your bed??? give me a break

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

A note to civilians: your right to stay stupid is defended. Carry on.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ariele
reply to post by petrus4

it's all about the oil and money..military just makes it easier to get it. end of a story.
There are no terrorists, jews that run the U.S. just needed a reason to get there. they played out the 9/11 - and there was a reason! Wowwwww jews are smart! when i grow up i wanna be a jew lmao
U.S. military - people who join it - mostly do it because they get free housing, paid utilities, full benefits, no taxes anywhere, free world wide travel, free college, carrier, so on, and - deployment. Thei sign for it. that is their choice.
so, you are talking about protection...protection from what/ Moster under your bed??? give me a break

We appreciate your thanklessness and ignorance. Carry on.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by SirClem

I assume you can show us what resources we are getting out of Iraq and Afghanistan and how much of it then.

I await your information.

not too long ago 1trillion in rare earth metals in Afghanistan, Iraq? Oil,

Sorry if this has been posted already

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dl2one

so if we were getting oil, why the HELL is it still damn near $4.00 A FREAKING GALLON????

That arguement freaking FAILS, I dunno why you people keep saying it

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

So why then were there truckers in Iraq getting paid more than the US military guarding them? Settle down man I'm nobody, vent to someone who cares, or is of relevenace. 1 trillion in rare earth metals in Afghanistan ring a bell? How about the previous poster with the links about the gaseline ? Calm down, or do you want my address so you can come and beat me up or something there Jay?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join