It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests force Chinese factory to close

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Protests force Chinese factory to close

www.ft.com

Please respect FT.com's ts&cs and copyright policy which allow you to: share links; copy content for personal use; & redistribute limited extracts. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights or use this link to reference the article - www.ft.com...

Chinese authorities ordered a petrochemical factory to close on Sunday after more than 12,000 demonstrators confronted riot police, demanding the plant’s relocation over health fears.

Scuffles broke out between police and protesters, mostly young people, in the p
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
God job protesters! I am becoming more and more convinced that we are actually making a bit of progress when I see things like this. Rather than sit there and take it, 12,000 people said 'I've had enough' and DID something. It's high time we stopped being so complacent and actually voice our opposition to being poisoned, to having our safety weighed against profits.

I hope that we continue to see people standing up for what they believe is right, and that we start changing this World for the better.

www.ft.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I'd have to register to read the rest, sorry not subscribed. Assuming from what you posted/mentioned, it is a great step forward. Maybe they can address others areas as well, in hope it catches on, from unfounded animal use(see thread lately) to slavery for profit in the prison systems(see video gaming schemes).

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

That's strange. I'm not registered but was able to read the article to it's conclusion. Lemme see if I can find another source so everyone can read it. Great story, makes me feel like we have a chance to fight for ourselves.

This better?
edit on 15-8-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Yeah that site sux to read. Go China! But I won't be reading this article

new topics

top topics

join