It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Loneliness of Seeing a UFO.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
A couple of years ago, my fiance, our kids, and my fiance's friend were in our mini-van turning out of a housing edition called Indian Heights, in Kokomo Indiana. We were turning onto a road called Center on the southeast end of Kokomo. We were heading west, towards U.S. 31, when we saw lights hovering, what looked to be over the highway. My fiance saw it first. She pointed and yelled what the bleep is that? I had never seen a UFO in my lifetime, up until this point in time. I looked to see that it was huge. It was the size of a football field with 5 lights on the side. We didn't know what to think. I told her to speed up and get to the Speedway gas station on the corner of U.S. 31 and Center road so I could get out with my phone and take a picture. As we're heading towards it, these lights, which we thought were on the side of a massive UFO, started making triangular switching patterns. The Lights were rotating around each other in perfect triangular patterns. When we came up closer to 31, we realized the lights were not hovering over the highway, but a little more to the west, over IHOP, Shell gas station, and the par 3 golf course.

The lights started out in a straight line.

And when rotating positions looked somewhat like this. The only difference is the lights in the picture look stationary. The lights we seen were moving independantly but in unison.

When we pulled into Speedway gas station, I got out to take a picture, It then vanished. It was like having the President over for dinner, but no proof. It was a little heartbreaking. This was the most clear cut UFO I have ever seen live or on video. It was terrifying and exhilirating at the same time.

The really sad part about seeing it is, the longing to see it again. It was so amazing. We will never forget it. But telling people about it, is lonely because they trust you think you saw a UFO, but they can't believe it, because something like that isn't believable unless you see it with your own two eyes.

Although it's lonely to see one, I hope you witness this amazing phenomenon in your lifetime. You will be forever changed.

Just to add a few interesting things about my hometown of Kokomo, it has been the subject of a couple of unexplainable happenings in the last few years.

The first is The Kokomo Boom, back in 2008. Kokomo is a small city of about 50,000 residents. On this particular night, in April of 08, There was a big fireball or light in the sky. It was seen falling to the Earth. There was a boom so loud, it was heard across the city. My dad, while in bed woke up to what he thought was Chrysler blowing up. He lives a mile away from Chrysler. My fiance's dad woke up to what he thought was a car crashing into his house. They live 4 miles apart, in the middle of town. My fiance's brother was out driving with his girlfriend when he saw the fireball in the southwestern sky, and actually heard an extremely loud explosion, 2 miles out of town. I was at work when all of this happened. I got off work right after that, and their were 15 to 20 police cruisers and fire trucks heading out of town. So I went home, my fiance tells me what's going on, I turn on the TV to see if there's anything breaking. Sure enough at the bottom of the screen on NBC it says there has been a plane crash South of Kokomo in Tipton County. We start listening to the police scanner, to see what's really going on. We ultimately decided to chase the firetrucks towards Tipton County. We spent the next hour following fire trucks out in the country. They were just driving to be driving. it was very odd. We went back home, turned on the television, and they said there was no plane crash, just an unexplainable boom.

A kid got a picture of a UFO that night. They analyzed it on The Discovery Channel. They couldn't explain it.
Just Google Kokomo Boom you can find the show that was on there.

The other unexplainable thing that deals with Kokomo is the Kokomo Hum. You can also Google this and find out more about it. People claim to hear a constant hum. I don't hear it, myself. But who am I to judge somebody else's claim, when I have a claim of my own, that I can't verify.

Kokomo is located 50 miles North of Indianapolis. Grissom Air Reserve Base is located 10 miles North of Kokomo.
If you have any questions feel free to ask. If you've seen a UFO, please share.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Are you like me and never leave home without a "video" camera ever again after seeing something so awesome in the sky? I had a close encounter with a TR-3B in 08' and only got a couple stills off before it was gone. Most awesome thing I've ever seen, in person.

I back track home if I forget my camera now, I'm not going to be unprepared if there is a next time. It really is lonely to be so excited about something you've seen and no one believes you, or they think you've been smokin' the good stuff.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Wow. Both of you. Amazing and it is good to point out how calling the entire phenomena bogus flat out disrespects and disregards people like you. You have to be quiet or people question your sanity. Even here, people start new threads weekly, "I don't believe in UFO's" or "UFO's are impossible because" (e.g. here's this weeks, UFO's We Know Nothing www.abovetopsecret.com...)

My understanding and sympathies go out to you along with as many stars as I can slap up here.

I believe you and I think one day very soon, everyone will. Whether that in itself is good or bad remains to be seen.
edit on 15-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Are you like me and never leave home without a "video" camera ever again after seeing something so awesome in the sky? I had a close encounter with a TR-3B in 08' and only got a couple stills off before it was gone. Most awesome thing I've ever seen, in person.

I back track home if I forget my camera now, I'm not going to be unprepared if there is a next time. It really is lonely to be so excited about something you've seen and no one believes you, or they think you've been smokin' the good stuff.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)
That is odd. I use my camera for everything now. Last month I videotaped some odd looking clouds I had never seen before. The sky is where it's at. That's where my video camera will be pointed.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The really sad thing is even if you had taken pictures or a video you still wouldn,t be believed even with other witnesses saying the same thing, trust me I have real pictures close up, and the sceptics still try to find fault its almost a curse. I have the same longing and better video camera etc..maybe one day aye! But I think you'll have to walk on board and steal the ship to be believed.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I saw a similar formation in 2005, got it with a crap VGA camera phone, but i got it. I believe your story and don't care for those who won't believe you, or people like myself. I stopped with these people in 2007.

I get that loneliness you mention. Since 2005 i have spent quite a bit on cameras, learning more about photography, but i haven't seen anything like that since that night, yet. I can only hope and wish that it will show itself again, oh man.

In a sense, a personal feeling to say, i believe the next time it shows itself i won't need to take photos as proof, because it will show itself to many. But, i will still be camera ready.

Enjoyed reading about your experience

edit on 8/15/2011 by qonone because: added

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I witnessed a UFO back in '91.
A good friend was with me at the time, he is what you would call a 'non believer' and a very smart bloke.
We talk about it from time to time, and he readily admits that what we saw was something truly extraordinary.
I thank my lucky stars for that sighting, but I really feel lucky that my mate was there to see it too. If had I had been on my own that night and saw what I saw, from the conversations I've had in the subsequent years with people who think they 'know it all', I know that I would be angry and frustrated, or probably just keep it to myself.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
What you said about the lights "rotating" struck a chord with me.
Roughly twelve years ago, when I was eight or nine years old, a few friends and myself decided to have a sleepover on the trampoline in my backyard during summer vacation. (I believe the key motivation for this was the fact that we had heard there were supposed to be a lot of shooting stars that night, and trampolines are awesome)

Anyways, middle of the night, we're laying there looking up at the stars and suddenly, a craft just sort of appeared out of nowhere about twenty feet directly above us. It descended while moving forward (to avoid us, I presume), and hovered above the ground five or six feet for 45 seconds to a minute. After an initial bout of panic and hiding under the covers, nothing had happened so we all ended up getting a good look at it for 15-20 seconds before it ascended another ten feet and silently glided off. Most of our neighborhood was still under development at the time, and I remember watching it glide over the fences of the neighbors properties until it just vanished.

Back to the craft itself - It was six to eight feet in diameter and roughly three to four feet deep. It had lights all along it's equator - I remember thinking, "They look like car headlights!"
The lights "rotated", so to speak, in a sequential pattern that went something like this, with "0" representing a light that is "On", and "-" representing a light that is "off"::

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 -
- 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0
- - - - - - - - - -

And then it would restart the cycle. These were the only lights I could see on the craft. It did not have any windows. As for the color, it was very dark. Black, to black-cherry-esque tones. I believe there is an airforce base not too far away from us here in central California, so I think it must be government.

It's something you have to see to believe - it seems the simple fact that I was so young when it happened is enough to discredit the entire experience. Friends have suggested it was a hallucination. A dream. A prank. My mother didn't believe me when I brought it up again years later, and my dad gave me a really odd look when I brought it up with him, like I might be a little off in the head. Yet the other three witnesses confirmed to me years later when I asked them about it, that there was no trickery involved - we saw something real.

I do wonder how many unreported sightings like these happen.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by addygrace

Know I DO believe

Great story. It definately changes the way you look at life. I wish I could see just one more time. I guess someday all of us will be amazed by what we see.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I understand how you fell about not having solid evidence to prove your encounter. They know perfectly who is watching them everytime their crafts become visible in the sky. Now you believe, it's time to take the next step. Depending of what you do with your experience, other experiences could happen to you.

The fact that you post your story here on ATS and made it public is something you had to do. There are millions of persons in the world that had similar experiences and decided to not reveal it, that's wrong.

Once all these people decide to talk in public, we will be considered ready for massive experiences, we have the responsability of share our E.T. experiences in way it can help to prepare the rest of the people to face an unavoidable final contact to come, without panic or hysteria.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

It was terrifying and exhilirating at the same time.

This is exactly how I felt when I saw the 3 lights / ufos in the night sky.

A few years ago now, my friend and I had just finished work and we were locking up. It was early evening and the stars were starting to show in the clear sky. I noticed three lights in a line that were much bigger than stars.

The weird thing is as soon as I thought this isnt right, they left, one by one shooting off into the distance and upwards into the sky. Like watching a movie but very real.

But I felt no love and peace lol, I was actually pretty scared. My friend saw the whole thing with me and we spoke about it for a couple of days but that was that.

Since then, Ive had many dreams about white light, also to the point where a "blocked memory" may have resurfaced. I relived the sighting but this time the whole area was covered in white light and I was looking at my arms in this white light too. Not sure if the white light was my imagination or an actual event but it felt very real.

Do I discuss this with anyone, no of course not. Im a rational person with friends that wouldnt even consider this being true. So I just keep it to myself.

But it has changed the way I view things though.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by addygrace

I hope you witness this amazing phenomenon in your lifetime

hello fellow Hoosier like you i was lucky enough to witness this phenomenon. my first ufo experience was with my friend and we witnessed something similar to what you're describing in Anderson, Indiana back in 2005. like you i didn't get any pictures. what i seen started off as 3 orbs in a triangular formation, as those orbs started to lower each orb split into 3 separate orbs with a total of 9. after changing colors and bobbing around for a while they ended up lining up like the Phoenix lights before disappearing in the blink of an eye.

Ive seen a number of orbs since my first experience and i think you'll see more you're self. earlier this year i saw an orb just sitting in the sky like a star. i watched it for maybe 20 minutes before it faded it, i thought it may of went behind a cloud. i played a few matches of cod black ops for a good half hour or more then i looked out the window and low and behold it was back. yet again no camera, what was really intriguing about this event was when a aircraft got close to the orb it started to blink trying to mimic the aircraft. at first the blinks were off but after a few blinks it was identical to the craft and it began flying off like a plane.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
In 2007 I decided in a sporadic moment to give a buddy a ride to his moms house in Mendocino, CA US, he hadn't seen her in years. After I dropped him off i picked up a hitchhiker in Ukiah on my way back to Chico. Put his bike in the trunk and off we went. Well I missed the turn-off and turned around and started back, I don't know how far I went. But there was a long stretch and I gunned the engine to 135 mph. After a few seconds of speeding down the 101 hwy/freeway a bright light appeared in my mirror, approaching fast. I thought, "doh ticket" and just as that thought went through my brain I was like it must be a ninja bike because of the single light. In a split second the light engulfed the mirror. I nailed the brakes and flipped it off. Then the light zoomed away so fast. then stopped over the mountains and descended. ya it like landed or went into a body of water. At that point it looked huge. Must've been huge because I could tell it traveled really far really fast and yet it was still the size of the full moon. I don't know if I was abducted or what but that thing came right up to my car. After it happened I was in a state of shock. I drove mindlessly for about 15 minutes like a zombie. weird. So was the hitchhiker. zombified. shocked. When I got back to Ukiah I got a Highway Patrol behind me and he turned his lights on high-beam, this triggered a bad reaction, because of what I just saw so I flipped him off not knowing he was a cop. He almost got smashed by a big rig as I pulled off the freeway exit. The chp was pissed, and since I wasn't on the freeway anymore Ukiah police intervened and thank god for that. I was laughing because I thought it was funny that I thought the chp was the UFO returning. Anyway I was on parole at the time and they could've busted me for various violations. I said " did you see the ufo" the cop says " shut the f up go home". he kept telling me to shut up and I kept laughing so hard. My passenger had a warrant out for his arrest, but they let him go anyway. He rode his bike of probably wishing he had never got in.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
You are not alone. I have seen the unbelievable and I know the loneliness you speak of. Everytime I hear a skeptic ramble on, I laugh to myself and just shake my head. If they only knew.

Thanx for shareing your story. s&f

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I have no reason to doubt any such stories, in fact sometimes i think eye-witness accounts are more interesting and credible than the latest youtube video.

But, problem is, we skeptics *need* to be skeptical...since its simply a fact that 95% or more of the sightings (as legit as they are for the one seeing them!!) turn out explainable or turn out something else than a real ufo mis-interpreted. It's just a fact.

For example, there are many, many, MANY people who describe their sightings and compare them to planes and they make assumptions about speed, sizes etc..etc...

Now - the problem is that average Joe does not have an in-sight knowledge of planes, what types of crafts/planes there are - let alone that the average Joe is not even *remotely* "qualified" to estimate sizes and speeds right.

I could NOT make a statement i saw something in the sky moving xyz mph...how should i know that? I was never trained in such things so i highly doubt i could give an accurate measurement of something i observe in the sky.

Then there is also a BIG number of people who have very little understanding of astronomy and so forth..they see a shooting star/bolide the first time and are totally off the rocker since they never saw such a thing before.

So..don't get me wrong..its NOT about being skeptical at any cost...but simply realizing that witnesses are simply often unable to really accurately describe what they see due to lack of knowledge.

--

As for the "rotating lights"....again...i don't doubt that you saw what you saw.

But it just strikes me as a odd that a craft would have rotating lights...it's almost as if there is an intention to make the craft look "like an UFO"...why on Earth would a UFO has lights rotating in a pattern like this..if not to EXPLICITLY attract attention? Something here doesn't add up..which might open up room for speculation what those craft actually REALLY are...and what their purpose is.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
You are totally not alone and though you may feel lonely in your experience, revel in the fact that you were blessed enough to witness it.
You know in your heart what you've seen and it DOES NOT MATTER what anyone else may think or believe because when you witness something that incredible and different no amount of evidence will ever be good enough for those who have never experienced an event like it.
They simply cannot wrap their mind around it. Until one day when they hopefully witness something for themselves.
Thank you for sharing and just know you are not alone... your never alone.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I live a little north of kokoho, and can remember when one of the kids from my high school took a video that was featured on UFO Hunters, But with Planes flying in and out of grissom so much I tend to discredit anything from my area.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Cool post OP.

I recall hearing of the numerous sightings around Kokomo Indiana on UFO Hunters a few years ago.

I had my first sighting when I was very young, but fortunately I was with my Parents at the time who also witnessed the event.

We didn't discuss it much. Why I used to think ?

As I got older I realized that it was due to our being told that these things don't exist.
So since we witnessed one, it fell outside of our defined paradigm of reality of what we are told to believe..

So whenever I hear that someone dismisses this phenomenon, I can understand their skepticism, mainly due to the fact that it reveals that they've never witnessed this phenomenon before.

It is like trying to teach someone to read when they haven't yet mastered the alphabet.

It's outside their framework of reality. And they won't ever understand until they do.

But that's ok, for It only makes me value my experience as one of the select few that have been granted this life changing type of experience.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think a lot of people who don't know any better see lights in the sky and instantly think they're in the "I've seen an alien craft club". I'm sorry, but most people don't know a helicopter or jet in the night sky from a "UFO".
edit on 15-8-2011 by Gannicus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join