It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Someone Please Explain The Illuminati?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Champagne (word from the wine wise, Dom Perignon, and Louis Roederer �Cristal� are not the end all of Champagne, not even close),

Yaaay! Now, how annoying is it to have the faux-sophistication which proclaims that it's so wonderful to drink Cristal all the time shoved down your throat. It's always fascinating to watch so many people proclaim their originality by showing they have money to burn on the same bloody drink. "Love of Cristal" is just a rapper code for "look at me, I've got a lot of money!"

Elswet, this exhibiton match into the random trivial nuance of Illuminati debate is but one of the many joys ahead of you in your search for the "truth" (whatever that is).

RANT, are you claiming that accusing my Order of murder is "trivial?' Or that an argument becomes trivial once you start to be proven wrong? Or perhaps that everyone else's comments are trivial, except yours? I'm not sure where you belittlement is aimed.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
Elsweet, please, please, please, for the love of puppies, before you read any of those websites, please look at this website. It may seem dry and academic, but it has the decided advantage of being true.

I find it interesting that when someone asks about the illuminati.. you jump in to the defense of freemasonry..

I don't recall him asking about freemasonry does anyone else?

Um... did you actually read the website, NephraTari? Yes, it's hosted on the web page of the Grand Lodge of BC... but it's a page about the Bavarian Illuminati. I find it interesting that when someone posts a page about the Illuminati... you jump in to attack Freemasonry. Well, not so much interesting, as boring.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
No, no, no... Go watch "FROM HELL" and study Mystery Religions for a semester!!!

Oooh, it's a good thing I'm taking my pills... otherwise I'd be making many a merry joke about mystery religion. But my fine pills (my doctor calls them "Placebo" -- I believe they're made by Pfizer*) keep me relaxed.

*I stole this joke.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
No, no, no... Go watch "FROM HELL" and study Mystery Religions for a semester!!!

Mystery Religions!?!... slowly I turned... step by step....

Oooh, it's a good thing I'm taking my pills... otherwise I'd be making many a merry joke about mystery religion. But my fine pills (my doctor calls them "Placebo" -- I believe they're made by Pfizer*) keep me relaxed.

*I stole this joke.

*Medical Monkey Hat on* My dear AK, as you are aware, I'm a healthcare professional of some repute (ill probably belongs somewhere in that statement, but the placement escapes me), and I am aware of a suitable alternative to Pfizer's "Placebo". Take two of these, and u2u me in the morning.

[edit on 19/8/2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Heh. I love those quotation marks around the word "suck." The medical detachment of it all. I can imagine someone in a lab coat saying, "Todays youth, or 'hip kids' like to go to 'raves' where they consume 'x' (also known as 'e') and have promiscuous 'sex'."

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I can't wrangle with you gilded talleywhackers today. I'm distracted.

My personal staff is up to something. I caught them slipping a strange powder into my coffee earlier and now they're insisting it's hair cut day.

Plus I stumbled on Nephratari's signature on the previous page promising Confessions of a Scorpio, so consider me booked.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Those are some good links i always wanted to know about that kind of stuff you guys talk about

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Elsweet, please, please, please, for the love of puppies, before you read any of those websites, please look at this website. It may seem dry and academic, but it has the decided advantage of being true.

I find it interesting that when someone asks about the illuminati.. you jump in to the defense of freemasonry..

I don't recall him asking about freemasonry does anyone else?

Um... did you actually read the website, NephraTari? Yes, it's hosted on the web page of the Grand Lodge of BC... but it's a page about the Bavarian Illuminati. I find it interesting that when someone posts a page about the Illuminati... you jump in to attack Freemasonry. Well, not so much interesting, as boring.

If you consider that an attack than you have to get some thicker skin.. honestly. I just found it curious.. I don't recall attacking Freemasonry in general in my post at all.. hmmm
Did I?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

If you consider that an attack than you have to get some thicker skin.. honestly. I just found it curious.. I don't recall attacking Freemasonry in general in my post at all.. hmmm
Did I?

Funny, I don't recall defending Freemasonry in the post that you labeled as "defensive of Freemasonry." Get my point, yet?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Champagne (word from the wine wise, Dom Perignon, and Louis Roederer �Cristal� are not the end all of Champagne, not even close),

Yaaay! Now, how annoying is it to have the faux-sophistication which proclaims that it's so wonderful to drink Cristal all the time shoved down your throat.

And of course, its best consumed straight out of the bottle while standing on a table at a night club, and you have to drink lots of it apparently in order to get a real feel for the flavour.

I, personally, will probably not bother to buy any bottle like that for quite some time, because, contrary to what most hip-hop ho downs would apparently have a person think, a decent palate does not grow while dancing.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This thread is either the officially WORST explanation of the Illuminati in recorded history or the hands down BEST.

I'm leaning toward bookmarking it for future scholarly study.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
This thread is either the officially WORST explanation of the Illuminati in recorded history or the hands down BEST.

I'm leaning toward bookmarking it for future scholarly study.

Heheh I couldn't agree more.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This will be the "Reader's Digest Condensed Version.

When I first began investigating the Illuminati and the 13 Families therein, I was a bit put off by the blatant and outrageous claims of Satanic Egyptian Paganistic rites and rituals. Satanism, as you may know, in My book, does not have a place in the annals of Paganism.

Furthermore, anyone who has read even the most mundane writings concerning ancient Egyptian spirituality will tell you forthright and with conviction that A) Egyptians at the time of Osiris were not yet christian converts, and B) Satanism is the flip side of christianity; a religion which had not yet been born. Therefore, the rites of the temples of Osiris cannot possibly be Satanic.

The theories and diatribes concerning the Illuminati vary widely on some points, but on one important (but secondary) point, they seem to be the same. They throw together ALL Pagan religions, beliefs, theologies, rites, and paths into one collective pit of detritus, top it off with Lucifer and label the menagerie as "Satanism."

Now, this practice is common yet annoying to Pagans on a couple of serious levels. 1) Pagan religions in general do not believe in any form of Satan, daemons, or the "devil." 2) The paths and the traditions follow a different set of Dieties, known as Pantheons. Nine Deities; one Goddess and eight Gods. While each culture added and/or changed the attendant demi gods to suit their own societal needs, I can assure you that in most Pagan paths (including the hundreds of Wiccan traditions) none of the Gods, Goddesses, or demi gods were the christian devil, nor anything like him/her.

All that having been said, if My understanding of the Illuminati theories is correct, all paths non christian (Taoism, Buddaism, Paganism as a whole, etc.) lead to the same place in that they all lead away from the xtian god. The Illuminati is said to be the dark cloak of the 13 families of Power, the Freemasons, the Shriners, the Order of the golden Dawn, the Temples of Isis & Osiris, all covens and Covensteads, and a plethera of other "alternative" secret societies.

Funny, but as a High Priestess with a small RT following and a somewhat larger internet following, I am not basking in ANY of the wealth that is said to control all the world banks, all national governments, and well over 50% of the world's wealth. (It is said that one family alone holds approximately 50% of the world wealth, and there are 13 families!)

Now, I'm not in any way, shape, or form disputing the existence of the secretive group, the Illuminati. I do not dispute their power, wealth, or status. I will also refrain from disputing their intention: world domination complete with a new world order implemented through the pawns that would establish a one world government; the United Nations. I believe this is a definite possibility, as all signs do point to, "Yes!"
What I DO dispute is the blatant dogmatic tendency of the christians of the world to wrap up all Magick users into the black gift wrap of guilt and top it off with the ebony bow of "Satanism." For cryin out loud, I've heard enough of this sh*t.

I grew up during the era of the Cold War, the "Big Brother" era. None of this surprises Me in the least. Dreams of world domination, unethical and immoral tactics, and ruthless brutality do not surprise Me. Blatant disrespect for fellow man, reverence of royal bloodlines, and vicious financial domination do not surprise Me. What DOES surprise Me is that some of the most educated men of our time have so little regard for others' cultural theological belies and differences as to stamp all things non christian with the same label as their own heresy.

To be a heretic of christianity, one must first be OF christianity. While most Pagans will acknowledge the existence of Jehova, there are two factors which separates that acknowledgement from our inclusion under the "heretic" label. 1) Pagans acknowledge Jehova's existence, but not his supremacy, and 2)most do not acknowledge the existence of the devil known as "Satan."

"BUT!" the lemmings cry in a unison voice, "You have missed the point!"

No. I have not missed the point. I can merely say that I understand the theory, I accept the possibility, and I accept the need for knowledge concerning the activities and situations of these families. I merely realize there is not much I could do to stop this from happening. Therefore, My response is to attempt to correct that which I can do something about; the erroneous assumption that all things non christian are Satanic. That's just ignorance. Those are the words of someone who has no theological education whatsoever. He even said Druids were Satanists! *lmao* Sorry, but um...no.

Are the governing upper echelon of these 13 families really Satanists? Luciferians? Do they call a dark lord for financial domination? Or are they merely very powerful Pagans who use known stereotypes to keep others at bay? Do these men strive to bring into power a One World Government, or do they seek nothing more than the security of amassing undeniable material wealth?

Are Pagans the unwitting puppets in a world wide conspiracy of traitors and heretics to the world's people? Are Pagans helping to implement the goal of the world-dominating Illuminati? If their goal is to detract believers from the throngs of christian sheep, then perhaps this is true.

Are the Freemasons really Satanists hiding behind the christian cross or innocent, poorly led, misinformed christians trying to do a good deed? If the latter is the case, then the lower ranks up into the middle ranks have no idea what they are a part of. Just as, before this study, neither did I.

[edit on 22/8/2004 by Elswet]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Elswet, I don't buy any of the pagan or religious implications associated with the Illuminati either, except that the original Bavarian Illuminati did attain from their enlightenment a sense of duty to rail against all authorities of government (which at that time included the Catholic Church).

And though I agree there's an "Illuminati driven" movement toward a one world government or "NWO" (of which learned people may disagree of intent), there are no members of a conspiracy to point to any more.

The conspiracy though is alive and well and you and I are members just as every single one of us play some role in the process and outcome.

The Christian versus pagan thing and all the Freemasonry versus Catholicism stuff? I don't waste my time picking sides personally. No offense as I know you're pagan (if I read that right), but I'd just as soon not bet on either side of a counterfeit coin if ya follow me. Just my personal preference. I stick to study of corporate and political "Illuminati NWO" influences (in so far as "political" is the same as religious anyway) and do my chicken little dance accordingly.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well, I've just been told that My icon promotes another site, so it is inappropriate and a violation of the ToS.

My links to documentation of My articles are to My site, meaning they promote My site, and are therefore a violation of the ToS.

My articles are too long and some of them exist on My site, so they are a violation of the ToS.

Soooo, I will be finding another place to post as this is entirely too contradictory, one-sided, and creatively restrictive for My blood.

I want to thank the members of this board for opening My eyes to the way things are, the way things were, and the way things may be in the future.

Truly. Thank you.

Elswet�; done and gone.

df1

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elswet
Well, I've just been told that My icon promotes another site, so it is inappropriate and a violation of the ToS.

My links to documentation of My articles are to My site, meaning they promote My site, and are therefore a violation of the ToS.

My articles are too long ...

emphasis added by df1

The Elswet website was rather mercinary, but that did not trouble me. The precepts expressed on your website are universal, so I am somewhat taken aback by your implied claim of ownership of these precepts.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join