It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC launches radio in Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Source
Well Well mist among the craziness in this Libyan & western created coup uprising against gaddafi the BBC Announced they will be launching radio in the rebel east libya areas in the Libyan cities of Benghazi and Misrata.

In which they claim and stated.

Liliane Landor , BBC Controller of Languages, said: "This year has been a very difficult one for Libyans. It is important for local people to have access to news and information that they can trust, and the BBC has experience of delivering that.

use our Arabic web service and watch BBC Arabic TV. The new FMs will give the people of Benghazi and Misrata somewhere to turn to for news they can trust and know is accurate."

isn't it surprising? after all the rebels did wave the union jack flag next with Qatar, America and the French.
The BBC isn't trusty worthy has a news source since they are aswell in part of the western mainstream news network.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Reading this, a huge red flag of "propaganda" arises. At least in my living-room.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
You got that right! This is just another control scam. The BBC is the Elite mouthpiece of Mainstream Media. If they open a radio show all you will hear are lies to Justify the War Crime!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

Well it sure is but you know what? i think gaddafi fooled the west, i don't think gaddafi or his family are actually in libya anymore otherwise why would he sent audio messages? doesn't that ring a bell.

Remember the NATO Terrorists, the TNC don't want democracy or elections they just want gaddafi and his sons dead which is what America and Britain have hoping for, at least that's the way i view it.

Remember twice gaddafi and his government offered the rebels elections but they refused it.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Given that the BBC charter is at the 'Command of Her Majesty' and the money is collected from the British people by private law enforcement companies under threat of prosecution - of course it's going to help bring impartial news and democracy to the Libyan people!

And if Britain doesn't like the Libyan interpretation of what they've been told to think, then maybe err Majesty's subjects/grandsons can help to correct that deficit. Probably via the medium of Apache helicopters and Special Forces squads, just like in the democratic paradise of Iraq.
edit on 25-8-2011 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I wonder if they will allow the same programming or if they will censor it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Propaganda control in full effect. *sticks finger down throat*

This whole mess is ugly. Soon I suspect there will be hiring campaigns all over the world to go work in Libya and help nation build. Anybody in the trades remember all those freakin Saudi Aramco ads shortly after Iraq was invaded?
*wipes up vomit*

top topics

join