It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Election: The ATS Republican Straw Poll

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Can we please have an option to be removed from the mass U2Us AND emails for these type of threads.
For that matter, how about being removed from all personal threads authored by mods/owners that aren't about policy changes and such.

I can't be the only one tired of this tripe ending up in my U2U's and GMail's inbox.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Anyhow, I can't see Ron Paul hiring contractors, but I believe that would go a long way to getting the job done, despite the weak sisters who want to scream and wring their hands over it.

That was his intent with the marque act he put through after 9/11. Also in regards to the pirate situation...

Texas Congressman Ron Paul looked to the history books for a solution to America’s pirate woes—and he says the government should put bounty hunters on the job, the Los Angeles Times reports. The idea has momentum in Congress, unlike some other notions suggested by the former presidential candidate. And the Constitution already provides for such a move, which hasn’t been tried since the War of 1812.

With the Navy too large for the job, hiring bounty hunters would be “fighting fire with fire,” notes Political Machine. And an analyst concludes that “if we have 100 American wannabe Rambos patrolling the seas, it's probably a good way of getting the job done.” Washington might want to consider an amendment to the relevant provision though—otherwise the bounty hunters get to keep the booty.
www.newser.com...

Those guys could strike terror into the hearts of the terrorists, maybe use their religious extremism against them. The Nazi hunters in Inglourious Basterds come to mind.

edit on 16-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Jon Stewart telling it like it is....

www.thedailyshow.com... rch_multiline

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I of course chose Ron Paul, perhaps the only true choice among the candidates who mostly present (IMHO) as psychosocially engineered sufferers of both normal and abnormal neurosis, programmed and programmable, pre-compromised synthetic life forms masquerading as politicians.
My first choice was not on the list of selections.
I thought, well, if a Kenyan can be president, why not a Russian?
I'd vote for Putin in a heartbeat.
Putin knows how to kick out the jams, basically Bad Vlad knows how to party!
And get stuff straight?
Remember KGB?
Well, remember, Russia has as many if not more scrabble agencies than the U.S. did back when ours actually worked.
Yep, give me Putin for Prez, Ron Paul for VP (he'll have no trouble explaining our main problems with Pres. Putin.)
I'd vote for a U.S.A. native if one ever had all the hottest chicks at a major Ivy League University pose nude for a calendar as a GIFT as nubile Russian hotties did for the remarkable Mr. Putin.
AND He likes Harleys. Ron Paul likes Schwinns, which ain't bad for getting around the island. Ron Paul is probably in better health than 80% of the electorate that includes mental health.

Man in The Mirror
"This world is a dangerous place.
Not because of those who do evil,
but because of those who look on,
and do nothing."-Albert Einstein

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Anyhow, I can't see Ron Paul hiring contractors, but I believe that would go a long way to getting the job done, despite the weak sisters who want to scream and wring their hands over it.

That was his intent with the marque act he put through after 9/11. Also in regards to the pirate situation...

There's a slight difference between issuing Letters of Marque and Reprisal and actually hiring contractors, but his heart is in the right place. No telling what the shipping companies would do - or their insurors - if bounty hunters suddenly started cleaning out the pirate nests and keeping the pirate's booty that the companies used to own. I think that some form of accommodations could be worked out, but so far most have been reluctant to even hire on-board security. Now, if letters were issued and privateers started doing it ANY WAY, well,they'd have to change their strategy, wouldn't they? Otherwise, the privateers would be living way large on what used to be theirs, and I think they might have an attitude adjustment over that eventuality.

Those guys could strike terror into the hearts of the terrorists, maybe use their religious extremism against them. The Nazi hunters in Inglourious Basterds come to mind.

Yes, they really, REALLY could!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Otherwise, the privateers would be living way large on what used to be theirs, and I think they might have an attitude adjustment over that eventuality.

Yeah, the 'taxpayer funded security by the Navy' teat needs to be pulled from those shipping companies. They, and the oil companies, need to start paying for security like any other business. Like I said, it's way cheaper to buy a few politicians to authorize use of the military as security.

Here's a good article on the Letters, and how Paul would have probably gotten Bin Laden long ago...

The Founding Fathers of the United States included a passage in the Constitution, which allowed for a solution to problems like the ones the US faced after the attacks on 9/11. Rather than invading multiple countries in search of a ragtag crew of air pirates, Letters of Marque and Reprisal would have allowed for the President to pursue the individuals responsible for the attack in a precise manner.

After the attacks on 9/11, Congressman Ron Paul introduced a bill in the Congress, which would have specified the scope for a mission to take down the terrorists responsible for the attacks on 9/11. First and foremost, the proposal was Constitutional and secondly, it was highly targeted and wouldn’t have resulted in thousands of Americans being killed senselessly. Had Congressman Ron Paul’s proposal for letters of Marque and Reprisal, HR 3076, been passed by the United States Congress in October of 2001, trillions of dollars and thousands of lives would not have been lost in the search for Osama bin Laden.

*snip*

As early as 2007, Ron Paul predicted that Pakistan harbored Osama bin Laden and in a speech on the floor of Congress, stated,

The foolishness of our foreign policy has us spending money in Pakistan, a military dictatorship with nuclear weapons, which is harboring Osama Bin Laden. The irony that taxpayers are paying to help protect Osama Bin Laden is astounding.

It goes without saying that President Paul would have killed Osama bin Laden far quicker and with more finesse than both George W. Bush and Barack Obama.
www.unelected.org...

ETA: I think the idea that he's weak when it comes to defending ourselves, is in error. But, since he doesn't support the military industrial complex that get's more tax money the more they blow up (while skimming the top of course to pay the CEO's), they're gonna try and paint him as a utopian peacenik. He served as a flight surgeon in Vietnam, he's the only candidate that has seen what war does first hand, so we can be fairly certain he wouldn't engage in it when it's not needed.
edit on 16-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Apollos SkepticOverlord, I try to stay clear of the descision making process when picking global leaders in open populace. I do throw pointers in here and there if they step too far out of bounds or do some actual good but for the most part my influence is void. I dont know who is going to support this species for the better so 1 can only wish for the best candidate (even tho the game is played from higher up and they are 1 party over all to me) the global party that is

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I voted and I'm pretty sure my vote will take it as the one I voted for is the ONLY person with morals.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
After Newt Gingrich there was one selection.
Did he drop out or is there just not much to say for the guy.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I need a "none of the above/no confidence" choice for this one. I have voted for RP in the past, but will never do so again. It's sad that there is nobody we can trust. Our system is so broken at this point that it doesn't really matter anyway... I'm not a defeatist, but reality is looking pretty grim these days.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WoundedByHonesty
I have voted for RP in the past, but will never do so again. It's sad that there is nobody we can trust.

What did he do that caused you to lose trust?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

OK. You've convinced me. I just got a U2U a while ago with a "last call" warning for the straw poll, so I'll go vote now.

I sort of like the idea of farming out some tasks that the military hierarchy isn't really suited for to folks who have fewer restrictions in getting the job done. All things considered, he might be good for my own bottom line, and keep my kid breathing to boot. I'm suddenly just not seeing the down side.

ETA: Done.

ETA some more: where do I have to send my 30 bucks Straw Poll fee to?

edit on 2011/8/16 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Welcome aboard my friend. Things are looking different this time around. The social media sites, and online news sites are flooded with people from ALL walks of life demanding to know why RP is being ignored by the media. Things may be getting interesting.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Ron Paul

"DR" Ron Paul

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WoundedByHonesty
I need a "none of the above/no confidence" choice for this one. I have voted for RP in the past, but will never do so again. It's sad that there is nobody we can trust. Our system is so broken at this point that it doesn't really matter anyway... I'm not a defeatist, but reality is looking pretty grim these days.

Yea you are a defeatist then, did Ron Paul not win in 2007 and now you have completely lost hope in the future?

You do know he is running again, and his movement has AT LEAST TRIPLED.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well I voted and got my 2 cents in.
I can't wait to see the results

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
How about a poll that includes all candidates and parties?

How about a poll that offers options for those who are choosing not to vote as a means of saying WE WON'T GO ALONG WITH THE SAME OLD BS ANYMORE!?

Originally posted by dethduck
Can we please have an option to be removed from the mass U2Us AND emails for these type of threads.
For that matter, how about being removed from all personal threads authored by mods/owners that aren't about policy changes and such.

I can't be the only one tired of this tripe ending up in my U2U's and GMail's inbox.

I don't know if this is really the place for it but I second this.
edit on 8/16/2011 by DieBravely because: adding stuff

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I got an error too and only 2 questions.

thats it only 2 who would vote for and why?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
As far as I see they'll do everything in their power to sabotage Ron Paul and his campaign , he needs all the help he can get. Also watch out they may try to assassinate him or try to intimidate him into bending to their will. If this happens we must then do as the founding fathers said and shake off these tyrants by any means necassary.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I don't care WHO it is, a Republicans will FIX THIS COUNTRY. Barack Huessein Nobama has DESTROYED this country in just 3 short years! This nation needs to get back to it's values of Family and Christ and Obediance to God's Law, which is what made us a once great nation.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join