It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my parents are so dang.... DX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
ok i am not quiet old enough to vote. i go out and say you guys need to vote for ron paul in 2012 i tell them all theese things they are like oh cool cool im like yea he is a republican and then awkward silence my mom goes i will never ever vote for a republican i would rather have a crappy democrat then a republican i say well not all are the same my grandma and her go yes they are my mom says you know bill Clinton is the reason WE got a house and guess what BUSH is the reason we lost it republicans do nothing but destroy this country and i like ron paul anyway to convince them XD its annoying its like they have only that one thing set in there mind and nothing is open to change there veiw

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Maybe you should tell them more about Ron Paul, or even take it to the streets to tell more people about Ron Paul instead of your two parents.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

They say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. It sounds like they have a closed mind and people tend not to listen to their own family anyway. If you really want to help Ron Paul maybe you can contact his web site about being a volunteer. Once your family sees that you are serious they may eventually listen to what you have to say.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Who's Ron Paul?

edit on 14-8-2011 by iSwag because: yes i'm being sarcastic

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSwag
Who's Ron Paul?
i hope your being sarcastic O.o

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamenie
they are like oh cool cool im like yea

I propose we add this phrase to things prohibited by the T & C.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
They probably think of you as this conspiracy nut and dont care what you think based on that notion. I have gotten the oh thats cool phrase from my parents to see them disregard it constantly.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
ETA: going to finish my thoughts, one second.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Amassuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

If you speak anything like you type then you are obviously not communicating your view of Ron Paul effectively to your parents. You probably should take a deep breath, slow down, and prepare yourself with some printed material on things you like about Ron Paul and the issues he is focused on. I'm sure if you try your parents will at least give you a listen.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Tell your family that everyone will shortly be scrabbling for canned foods in a ruined, post-apocalyptic wasteland. Inform them that everything they know as comfortable and familiar will disappear forever. Paint them a dark picture of hoardes being shipped by FEMA boxcars to deathcamps, of road-warriors bartering with silver shavings for crusts of bread. Then tell them Ron Paul is the only thing standing between that grim nightmare and their everyday life of blue skies, chirping birds, and kids playing on bikes, the last collosus of sanity in a world rapidly spinning into oblivion.

It's not necessarily 100% true, but it sure feels good to say.

top topics

join