It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help, I need a full nights sleep

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillerD
If you want a quick fix try Tylenol PM but don't take it for very long also the morning hang over last until about noon. I've battled insomnia for years and so far the best cure is sex, Works everytime!!

So this is all my fault? I knew there were drawbacks to working nights.

Work is such a subjective word.

[Edited on 26-8-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Freespirit is my wife

Awesome...I had no clue....an ATS family team
- I guess that explains how you knew her sister - lol

Yes to all of the above.

So do these things happen to you every time when you drink too? Do you have any remedies for the cotton-mouth? I just keep a glass of water next to the bed - lol

I made a doctor's trip out of the first time the whole swollen uvula thing happened cuz it scared the # out of me - it actually lasted for over a day - I didn't drink for a while after that...lol

[Edited on 8/26/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
So do these things happen to you every time when you drink too? Do you have any remedies for the cotton-mouth? I just keep a glass of water next to the bed - lol

I made a doctor's trip out of the first time the whole swollen uvula thing happened cuz it scared the # out of me - it actually lasted for over a day - I didn't drink for a while after that...lol

[Edited on 8/26/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

Not every time, just when I REALLY tie one on. I haven't come across anything that would help. Do the crime, do the time. I do keep Gatorade in the fridge whenever possible.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Go to a healthfood store and get something called kava. The FDA took it off the shelves but you can get it if you try. It will help you tremendously.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I find if I drink lots of water before I go to bed than I don't usually get cotton-month, at least not as bad and or as often.
I tried the breathing thing last night and I only wke up once so thanks and I will keep it up along with the tea.Lets keep our fingers crossed that it keeps working.Thanks again

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
A few tips, admittedly more geared towards getting to sleep in the first place rather than staying asleep, but maybe of some use.

.. get everything ready for bed.. sheets turned back, hot chocolate made, all jobs done, PJ's at the ready etc. Have a quick, hot bath, then immediately go to bed.

..trying to stay awake is often a way to get to sleep. try watching a late night movie, in bed, lying down.

..Sleep with your windows and curtains wide open. Fresh air really helps and the natural light or dark can sometimes help to align your body clock properly. (Watch out for alien abductions though
)

..sex. rollover. fart. sleep. Works for us blokes anyway!

.. go on a camping trip. Usually great for sleep, and and a week of sleeping under the stars should have you body clock working properly. Again it's the fresh air and natural light that helps.

.. experiment with food combining i.e. avoiding bad combinations such as meat+carbs in the same meal. meals should generally consists of meat and veg OR carbs and veg. You'll have much more energy in the day, and that should help contribute to better rest at night. (you'll also lose inches off your waist as your gut shrinks, since you'll digest food far quicker and you won't have as much being processed inside you at any given time.)

[Edited on 27/8/04 by muppet]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Yea, like he said, try to eat a lot less food in the few hours before you go to bed...and trying to watch a late night movie, or reading a book while lying down can make you very tired fast.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well tonight I'm tring my husband trick,I'm drinking a six pack, but I'm also doing the breathing thing.Thanks everyone it is so nice to know that there are people out there that actualy care about others enough to try to help them, Ya I've alreadyi started drinking cann't you tell......

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Ehhh... with the stuff that Intrepid drinks, you'll sleep alright.

actually, I have a question as well. Are you comfortable with your current schedule? I've had some troubel sleeping after my crazy university days. I used to be up at night, sleep during the day and I ended up sleeping great. Now, I have to constantly deal with the burning thing that your planet seems to have in its sky. I wake up twice a night sometimes, and ahve a hard time gettign to sleep in the first place. Best of luck- and try different schedules if you can, ti might help.

DE

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
How to fall asleep- get a copy of "A Swiftly Turning Planet" by Madeline L'Engle and pop down on the sofa with a crappy Lifetime movie on mute and the lights on.

You will fall asleep. I swear it.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Actually I didn't sleep any better last night than any other. I got to sleep around 1 or 2 and than woke up around 5.I've had it I'm calling the doctor on Monday.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm a 20 year old girl and I've been dealing with my thyroid for 5 years now. I first started off with hypothyroidism where I was always tired and all I did was sleep.

Then it switched on me and now I have hyperthyroidism - which means that too much thyroid is going through my body, and it's very hard for me to sleep sometimes. It's been getting better, but my nights are different. It may take me a while to get to sleep, then I wake up several times in the night, or I wake up in the middle of the night and I can't get back to sleep. No matter how tired I feel, I sometimes just can't sleep.

Things have been improving for me, my doctor gave me these pills that if my body feels too crazy they calm me down which I don't need as much as I use to. I've been starting to sleep better too. I still have my nights though.

If your sister has thyroid problems too, then this wouldn't be out of the question...but hopefully it's not that.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm going to the doctor this afternoon.I cann't handle this.Now on top of evrything I either have a pinched nerve or pulled muscle in my back, god could life get any better than this.
Boy would I like to know what intrepid is talking about when he said that my stress was at a lower level.I wouldn't know what to do if there wasn't stress after all I am married and I have kids[3].
When I get back from the doctor I will let you know what goes on.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well I went to the doctor yesterday and he gave me some sleeping pills to use when needed.which I used last night and OH man. I slept all night .It was nice to be able to get threw a hole day without having to fight to stay awake at work.Mind you it's going to take me a few days to get caught up,I don't want to get used to taking them.
I also had blood work done and I go back to see the doc in two weeks.
P.S,My kids were really happy that I had a full nights sleep,I wasn't as much of b*$@h as I have been.I'll keep you all posted.
:shk::shk:

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I have come to realize that there is just no way that I will get a full 8 hours sleep without waking at least 2 times,even with sleeping pills... they have me worried to, I don't like being depended on anything or anyone. you just let yourself in for a lot of heartache.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I know people who have had negative side effects with sleeping pills- they can't sleep without them because they've used them too long. I suggested changing your sleep cycle- did you try that? Even six hours makes a difference. I know I have horrible sleep and wake up two or more times a night (I usually can't remember, but I am aware that I woke up). When I was in Sudbury, I slept wonderfully on a horrible bed...because I was nocturnal. Slept through the day, came out at night. Try that, it might work.

DE

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   

At this point I will try almost anything, sleeping during the day will not work as I work during the day .I'm up for any ideas

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

At this point I will try almost anything, sleeping during the day will not work as I work during the day .I'm up for any ideas

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Well the sleeping pills do help, up to a point. As a rule they let me have about 31/2 to 5 hours of sleep, I can live with that, but I don't want to and I can't take a sleeping pill everynight. I go back to my doctor on Tuesday and we will find out if the tests showed anything.

Thanks to everyone Here hoping to a full night sleep.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I actually got a full nights sleep without sleeping pills on Saterday night, I think I was just so tired that my body just shut down, it had to.

I will say that I am sleeping better, but only when I take a sleeping pill, I'm going back to the doctors tomorrow after work to get my test results and to see were we go from here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join