It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings and saulutations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Hi,

I'm new to the forums and just wanted to say hello to all current members. I stumbled across this site whilst looking for plans for my "Mega fool-proof nuclear shelter, movie theatre and fun house (If I had a couple of million $ to waste)". Needless to say, I was as surprised as anyone when I found a forum which mirrors some of my political cynicism.

I can't say I agree with most of the conspiracy theories but I'm an avid reader, curious and willing to listen - If anyone would care to point me at some particularly well-argued theories, I'd love to see them.

In any case, greetings to all and see you around the boards

[I hope this is the right topic for this post - Apologies if not]

Edit: How can I enable email notification of responses? I can't find a watch option using the default skin.
edit on 14-8-2011 by Basiclife because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Basiclife

Hi Basiclife, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Hi there. You've come to the right place.
As the saying goes... "You can get anything you want at ATS's restaurant"

Sorry if you don't get that. It's from an old song. I'm old.

Anyway, to get you started, here's a link to a thread on How to Build an Underground Shelter

Have fun. Seeya in the forums.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Hello BasicLife! Glad to see more and more people discovering ATS for the first time. When I first came here, I probably spent about six hours straight reading articles.

Here are a few off the top of my head. I'm sure a more senior ATS user will come along and point you to some amazing articles.

Stargates are real!

Egypt's Cave Underworld Under Investigation!!!

My unexpected discovery. The Hollow Earth Theory.

This place truly is the goldmine of the internet. Information here seems limitless!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Greetings and salutations back atcha! Welcome to ATS. Sit back and stay a while...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Walk right in, it's around the back, just a half a mile from the railroad track...

You can get anything you want, from "ATS's" restaurant...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Welcome aboard Basiclife

Happy truth pursuits to you!

peace,
spec

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Wow!

I wasn't expecting to see any replies for a couple of days and just hit refresh out of stubborn perversity

Thanks for all the welcomes and I'm sure I'll see you all around the boards.

In particular, TY for the links. "How to Build an Underground Shelter" is actually where Google landed me so I've already read it end-to-end. That said, the other links look like fantastic reading too.

Something tells me this website is going to become a serious time-sink. *cringe*

Anyway, thanks for making me feel welcome

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Thanks for the links.

FYI the following page: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Has links to: politics.abovetopsecret.com... and handbook.abovetopsecret.com... which both result in DNS (Not found) errors for me in the UK. I'm not sure if these are broken URLs or issues with the UK's "filtered" DNS system (Google "IWF" for more info on our censotship body)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Dear Basiclife,

So nice to hear yet another voice.

top topics

join