It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The simple, yet ignored truth behind the UK riots…

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
There is no simple truth behind what happened.

You could also use the excuse, violence in ever real looking computer games is to blame too.
Grand Theft Auto for instance?
Games are fun, part of this game is to smash the place up, steal etc.
How many 'kids' used the phrase ' it's fun' whilst trashing our streets?

I'm not in any way saying the Mp's expenses thefts are not disgusting. However, you can look for excuses all over the place and still come back to the question, Why did it happen?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Huh. I thought the riots were started in protest of a Police Officer shooting a fleeing suspect? And then the Riots got worse because gangs joined in and used it as an excuse to act like asshats. At least, that is what I have been reading as of late.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I always found it so rich (no pun intended) that the elites try to make people hate the looters, some of which are just young punks and others which are in great poverty or just have a lot of anger and don't know what to do anymore, when the elites are soooo much worse than any petty looters.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

Funny how politicians can get away with tax payers money but someone who steals bottles of water worth £3.50 can get 6 months in prison.

Nicholas Robinson, 23, an electrical engineering student with no previous convictions, was this week jailed for six months for stealing bottles of water worth £3.50 from a supermarket.

hackneycitizen.co.uk...

People should wake up to the fact that these laws are solely made to favour the rich elite and are entirely against the AVERAGE CITIZEN.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

Good thread. I've been saying that that David Cameron should think maybe if he didnt let his MP's get away with fraud which would cause any normal person to be fired no matter how small the amount was misclaimed as its the devious act which causes employers to sack staff who act this way, then maybe the rioters wouldn't feel like they can steal what they can't afford as well. But they are stealingminor luxouries, not entire second houses like some MP's! Im so stunned this isnt being mentioned more, at least the rioters are made to feel ashamedand are held accountable, why should the law breaking Mp's who already live a life of luxoury get away with theft on a much larger scale, from the publics tax money I might add which makes it even worse! Insurance companies wont pay it back!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I do agree that our beloved government has go a lot to explain apart from their expenses. Vested interest and dual passports also play a huge role in their decision making. With most of them being multi millionaires their money has to be invested and so its far easier when you are passing laws to ensure that things run smoothly for the areas in which your money is held, or you return to work to when you leave parliament. No wonder, they all get richer. Dual passports are also a scandal because how often are foreign countries cooperated with regardless of either financial benefit for here or the disapproval of other nations.

I still think the one critical policy that is behind not only the unemployed as well as the employed rioters/looters is mass immigration. Its been government policy to flood the labour market here with cheap or abundant labour for years, which has driven down wages and meant less jobs to go round. However this delibertely produced excess of labour is so wide now that it threatens our younger generations so we are in serious trouble. All the time workers know they can be replaced due to excess unemployed by someone willing to accept a lower wage, their bargaining rights are negated, so it pays especially big employers dividends on maintaining low wages.

No end of workers have had their earnings frozen for some time or have been forced to take an actual pay cut. Its getting so dire in the employment world, my son whose a qualified plumber is now, for the third time in under a year threatened, with redundancy from a council contract. Each time this has happened the lay offs are mainly family men with mortgages, kids to support all just told "Go". They are in a way the backbone of the working man and we will eventually tip to the point where we don't have enough tax payers working unless the government delivers a stimulation package to improve the work situation for people in this country. We have less and less security and its getting worse.

I am dismayed at the sentences being handled out such 6 months as

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
David Cameron and The Conservative Party are also to blame for the England Riots.

1.) he cut the police budget, he cut police
2.) he cut social youth programs
3.) he is ignoring the rampant unemployment problem of youth

4.) of course the youth are to blame for burning and pillaging, but they also want to draw attention to the three things above.

And Cameron and his party are discussing martial law and the removal of freedom of speech -- arresting people for what they type on social networks.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The hypocrisy of the Ruling Class is becoming more apparent every day. The bankers looted this country and they get nice bonuses at the end of the year, the super rich, loot the country by not paying taxes here and get knighted by the Queen. The MP's fiddle their expenses and receive a slap on the wrist. The young people go rioting and looting and lose their houses and benefits and face much tougher penalties than usual.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Excellent thread!!!!

I do not condone violence or theft. But just condemning violence or theft alone is not enough or makes me any nobler than the violent or the thief. Humans are thinking beings, not animals and thus there is always a reason for the behaviour, the root of the problem. Only by identifying the root can we eradicate majority of problems with correct solutions.

Gangs and robberies such as those witnessed in the UK riots are not caused by impulsive actions, but by deep seated frustrations caused by the neglect of them over the years continually by leaders of the people.

When such segment of population are left to rot, with no hope and ignored by the larger segments of society, fighting back where the opportunity offers is the only answer, as seen by the opportunity to peacefully protest for the summary execution of a citizen in the hands of the police.

Worse, as many had posted, theft had already long occured by the elties in political and ecnomic power and yet, such people are not served justice but are praised and elevated world wide. Thus, what are the neglected supposed to do? Be happy with the miserable few hundreds dollars in welfare payout each month? Be happy that teachers don't give a damn to teach them in schools? Be happy that no jobs exists for them when the elite economic leaders had fled to slave nations to make their pile? Be happy that they get discriminated and shunned like sh%T by mainstream citizens? Be happy in gangs for that momentary pleasure of 'brotherhood' when they know they are only being used by gangleaders, but at least a moment and measure of appreciation in their neglected life?

I can go on on on, but the point is, the Prime Minister best look in the mirror before he swings his axe at the rioters and looters, or in future, his name will be spat upon by an enlightened generation eventually.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
i posted a thread for this documentry but it got removed by the thought police it takes a look at events sorunding the unrest
www.youtube.com...=229
i dont condone what is potrayed in the video just thought it was an intresting take on it thats all.
edit on 15-8-2011 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Good thread.

What go's around comes around.

What amazes me is that it took years to get to the bottom of MP's expenses, years to get to the truth of phone hacking....

.....and yet it took only a week to arrest and judge these looters.

We seem to have a two speed justice system in this country.

And the Bankers ??? well they seem to be above the law completely don't they, if you or i committed fraud we would be in jail.

Cosmic...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Brilliant piece OP! I love it. Toke the fires of our class hatred!

The most shocking part of this though is that all these MPs consider themselves in the right "because its legal under the law"....the laws they wrote!

If we wrote a law that said it was ok to riot and coup the government when they no longer service us then all the rioters would be in the right...right?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Fear is where it all begins. It has many faces and I totally agree with everything you have stated. Its sad really that our society has come to this. Pull out God (not speaking on behalf of a religion) and you have hell!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Wow.. never looked at that and toook the time to actually figure out what was happening xD
I just heard riots and was all like "Eh, whatever"

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

it could also be the flagrant display at thr Royal wedding and multi million LB. price tag whils people like commoners are near starving

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
EXCELLENT thread Rewey
S&F

*Skittle* your right this does deserve a website of it's own

*Skellon* the government should be leading from the top and setting an example 'fiddling
expences' is just soft focus for 'STEALING'

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
First of all, I would ask that people stop referring to them as UK riots, they were only in England. Guilt by association is really hard to shake off.

But the OP is correct, if there is a need for greed going around then the finger of blame will surely come back to those MP's and MSP's that fiddled their expenses. Some of them should really be hanged but apparently that's not cool these days. I'd certainly have them out sweeping the streets for starters. Maybe then they can begin the process of seeking forgiveness.

As for a solution, I can't see one tbh.
edit on 14-8-2011 by Ramcheck because: (no reason given)
Actually they struck in Scotland too -

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The moral decay of our society is as bad at the top as the bottom

Our politicians – standing sanctimoniously on their hind legs in the Commons yesterday – are just as bad. They have shown themselves prepared to ignore common decency and, in some cases, to break the law. David Cameron is happy to have some of the worst offenders in his Cabinet. Take the example of Francis Maude, who is charged with tackling public sector waste – which trade unions say is a euphemism for waging war on low‑paid workers. Yet Mr Maude made tens of thousands of pounds by breaching the spirit, though not the law, surrounding MPs’ allowances

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by facchino
Very well put together thread - I personally was livid about how the whole MP
affair was handled - a few were "thrown to the wolves" in a bid to appease public anger - just not enough - but it's still happening and the whole civil service is guilty, using taxpayer funded credit cards for their own purposes.

I actually lodged a complaint with the Met police but was robbed off really...

At work at mo but will read this in more depth later and put a more elaborate response on.
Great thread.

Not just them,the military and not the real military,just the idiots the push paper has spent billions using expense credit cards for years and not a peep about that either,even though i agree that the goverment looted the public purse and got away with it realy,as well as puting to death all rioters and looters,the government needs to go as well,riots just showed us one thing,who is going to stop us ??????

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So are all of you giving the looters a cheer for what they did?

If they are so pissed at the elite, why not go to their communities and loot there? Why bother poor shopkeepers, innocent bystanders. You all saw some of the footage of those punks stealing from people walking on the street. I have no sympathy for those fools, I hope they get what is coming to them...such as what one mother learned when her nice 250,000 pound apartment is going to be taken away from her (paid for by social assistance, perhaps she should have taught her son to go to school and work hard instead of going out and stealing flat screen TVs)

Yes, the people that took part in the looting and rioting are puppets of the elite. The leftist, social agenda that allows people to live their entire lives on social assistance - that allows people with no skills, no education to enter the country. The agenda (which has taken place for decades) that makes people feel they have a RIGHT to be given everything for free. The simple truth is the elite have given these fools free everything for so long they come to expect it, and once it starts getting taken away they riot, in which allows the elite to further erode their freedoms by telling the public we are limiting your freedoms in order to protect the public from these kids.

Which is what Cameron is starting to do......now I understand why these people rioted, but to say they are fighting the good fight against the RICH MAN is just plain ignorance at what is going on behind the scenes.

Before anyone goes off and asks me what I think about the crooks in government - they should be put in their place as well. The problems facing society today are multifaceted, just addressing an issue at a time accomplishes nothing....this is what we are facing, and it is so complex - society has been going down the wrong path for decades, and now the crap is starting to hit the fan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join