It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jobless Somali asylum seekers living in £2 million house paid for by UK tax payers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

"A family of asylum seekers has moved into a £2million home in one of the country’s most exclusive neighbourhoods at taxpayers’ expense.
Unemployed Saeed Khaliif is being handed almost £8,000 a month to pay the rent on his house, one of the most expensive ever to be funded by housing benefit.
The Somali refugee, 49, demanded to be moved to the six-bedroom property in West Hampstead, north-west London, with his wife Sayida and their children after deciding their previous accommodation was inadequate."

Dailymail.co.uk Story

I'm not against immigrants or asylum seekers, but this is ridiculous. I don't live in the UK, so I'm not judging because it's not my concern.. but it is absurd isn't it?
edit on 8/14/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
We have the same bs in Australia, Aboriginals and refugees get free housing and food etc and still complain about Australian society when they free-load off our tax.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I am all for welfare for those who really need, but this is just disgusting..
They get to live like kings while doing nothing and they dont even speak the language.
Meanwhile the elderly in UK is so poor that they had to resort to burning books to keep themselves warm during the bitter winters they had lately.

Something is really wrong with the system.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah
We have the same bs in Australia, Aboriginals and refugees get free housing and food etc and still complain about Australian society when they free-load off our tax.

A tad different with aboriginals that are infact native to the country. It is you who invaded their country, took their land and so on. Not so bad then that you give at least something back.

If I was one of them I would probably complain as well.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah

Australians are actually the immigrants in that situation, it's the opposite of this situation. It really makes me think some people are purposely trying to create racial tension.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

One of the ways social housing in the UK is allocated is based on the size of the family. Naturally a large family requires a larger property with more bedrooms. I'm not saying I like the system, like any system there are flaws, this is but one of many.
edit on 14-8-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

"The Somali refugee, 49, demanded to be moved to the six-bedroom property in West Hampstead, north-west London, with his wife Sayida and their children after deciding their previous accommodation was inadequate."

Hello to my foot. DEMANDS?

Stop having so many damn kids if you cant even survive in your own country, then eff off and DEMAND a 2million pound house?

I've run out of sheep, there appears to be vision showing through the wool in my eyes.

Astonishing.

new topics

top topics

join