It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

confirmed michele bachman bought 4000 votes to win straw poll.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This I'm sure was done to hide the real popularity of Ron Paul amongst "everyman" voters.

linky...

www.domasjefferson.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The article goes onto say, there were left over votes with no name on them.

weird huh?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Congratulations you are like the 3rd thread on this topic today. Maybe the 4th.

But at least your staying on top of it.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
How do they manage to get all these bad pictures of her? It's so funny how obvious it is that everyone is attacking her.... Not that I blame them

Hmm,yeah that is kind of dishonest....It's illegal to give out money.... I hate it when politicians get around that by doing stuff like this....they need to rewrite that law so they can't get around it like that....

But it wont be,because....well, the politicians would have to be the ones to rewrite it..... and....well,something tells me they like buying votes.
edit on 14-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Her win does not mean anything in the sense that she is from that state and Ron Paul still only lost by 150+ - votes. Honestly that is a horrible showing and if anything while it will not be talked about amongst talking heads (fox) how she won...It must be known that looking at this poll...Ron Paul was not affected by Rick Perry at all. He is not going to be able to steal the votes from Paul and more importantly I bet he does not last but 4 months You will see he cannot campaign on a national stage..Its too late and he is a wide open target with his record. Ron Paul is going to be your president in 2012. You will see.

link   
While I am not a MB fan, this is a nonstory. All of the candidates buy votes in the Ames poll. It's been said in the past that just because a candidate buys the $30 ticket for the participants it doesn't mean that they will get the votes. It does generally reflect which campaigns are the best financed, not necessarily indicative of the who will get the votes in January.

link   
You don't graduate to rigging presidential elections until after you figure out how to rig the straw polls. I'm sure Karl Rove is nodding approvingly at her performance. "yes, yes, come to the dark side..."

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by matthewgraybeal

Yeah that pretty much sums up the Ames Straw Poll.

But why I like it is that it keeps the face of the drooling, neanderthal, TeaBags RIGHT on the screen for all to see.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Idk bout you all, but that pic kinda turned me umm ermmm

Now I see how she got all the votes.

peace!
edit on 14-8-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdnutz44
While I am not a MB fan, this is a nonstory. All of the candidates buy votes in the Ames poll. It's been said in the past that just because a candidate buys the $30 ticket for the participants it doesn't mean that they will get the votes. It does generally reflect which campaigns are the best financed, not necessarily indicative of the who will get the votes in January.

Why didn't this get all the stars and then end the thread?????

The candidates pay the $30 for the people to vote.........end of story.......always been this way.....

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
^^^^^^^^

HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

O man....I hope this goes Viral!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Old77

Would you laugh so loud if that were a pic of your wife, mother, or daughter?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

How do they manage to get all these bad pictures of her? It's so funny how obvious it is that everyone is attacking her.... Not that I blame them

Hmm,yeah that is kind of dishonest....It's illegal to give out money.... I hate it when politicians get around that by doing stuff like this....they need to rewrite that law so they can't get around it like that....

But it wont be,because....well, the politicians would have to be the ones to rewrite it..... and....well,something tells me they like buying votes.

The real problem is charging $30 to cast a vote. That's essentially a poll tax. That's un-Constitutional and was outlawed by the 24th Amendment. It's immoral at the least.

Now I know many will defend it by blah blah blah. It's still a sucky fee.
edit on 15-8-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

if my wife, mother, daughter was a fraud and phony yes. People deserve respect, until they disrespect you. Every time this lady opens her mouth she disrespects my intelligence, therefore is fair game.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Old77

My god that pic has potential.

Can someone photoshop her taking a bite out of bushes head while he takes a bite out of that kitten?
edit on 15-8-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by soldita

if my wife, mother, daughter was a fraud and phony yes. People deserve respect, until they disrespect you. Every time this lady opens her mouth she disrespects my intelligence, therefore is fair game.

Speaking of phony frauds...

What a bunch of silly bullcrap. Idiotic generalizations.

And what a childish excuse for character assassination.

edit on 15-8-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Old77
^^^^^^^^

HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

O man....I hope this goes Viral!!!

I haven't laughed that hard in a good long time. Very good friend.

new topics

top topics

join