It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Bright Ufo Just Past Over Springfield MO Just Now

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It was traveling east at less than 3,000 ft and was Bright white, it wasn't going any faster than about 150mph, although i didn't capture it on camera because i don't have one that works at night, i did however have a witness with me and others around the complex witnessed it as well. as we speak this thing is heading east.

IT WAS AWESOME

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'll keep an eye outside. Sounds like it's heading my direction. Hopefully I'll be able to capture it on film.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
for the last few nights i've been seeing a lot of activity at high altitude inside earths atmosphere but this guy came down close and didn't care who seen him, I'm really curious what is going on with them now, are they getting ready to hang out???
edit on 14-8-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The ISS Past over vancouver about 10-15 mins ago.

www.n2yo.com...
edit on 14-8-2011 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalbluco
I'll keep an eye outside. Sounds like it's heading my direction. Hopefully I'll be able to capture it on film.

it was heading towards marshfield up towards 65, you cant miss it, it brilliants white with no other lights...no sound, moving slow and low

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

www.n2yo.com...

no goofy its at 3000 ft

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi

www.n2yo.com...

no goofy its at 3000 ft

How was that worked out in the dark sky at night?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

My local news just sent a message that the International Space Station was visible to all in our area (North AL). Maybe this is what you saw. A large bright light, slow moving across the sky.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

www.n2yo.com...

no goofy its at 3000 ft

because the sky is really bright due to the full moon, plus there were other airplanes flying around the same altitude

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1curious1
reply to post by anumohi

My local news just sent a message that the International Space Station was visible to all in our area (North AL). Maybe this is what you saw. A large bright light, slow moving across the sky.
well if this was the space station it wouldn't be in Alabama yet

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

www.n2yo.com...

no goofy its at 3000 ft

I don't know about you but I can DEFINITELY tell how high something is at night. Not within a foot but close enough for government work.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

Yep, I have seen it in the UK and my first reaction was that it was some sort of UFO much like the OP. It does look low and very bright in the night Sky but it definately turned out to be the Space Station. Quite a spectacular site really.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

The space station is now over libya, it goes round the earth around once every 93 minutes.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Just goes to show ya DARPA mach 20 vehicles are covers for the really cool stuff just as the F117, SR71, and U2 were covers for the ......sorry to say, the things Lazar described.

You gonna be just fine...breathe...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This sounds like a trio of ufo's I seen a few months ago that were definately not satellites. They seemed to swim and way in the sky. They were really low. Just so strange.
edit on 8/14/2011 by GoldenObserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

www.n2yo.com...

no goofy its at 3000 ft

because the sky is really bright due to the full moon, plus there were other airplanes flying around the same altitude

Is that right? Considering commercial airspace is 15,000 ft or above, I guess we can conclude that you don't have a clue what in the world you're talking about. We can also conclude that since the space station was reported as being visible, that it is more than likely what you saw.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1curious1
reply to post by anumohi

Yeah, I was out with the puppy and caught it. Didn't know it was the ISS. It did have the illusionary appearance of being fairly low if that is indeed what I saw. Very cool.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The ISS appears to have passed to the South of Springfield earlier. Although the ISS is definitely bright it certainly does not sound anything like what the OP is suggesting.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

www.n2yo.com...

no goofy its at 3000 ft

Is that right? Considering commercial airspace is 15,000 ft or above, I guess we can conclude that you don't have a clue what in the world you're talking about. We can also conclude that since the space station was reported as being visible, that it is more than likely what you saw.

although springfield does have a commercial airport i'm within 2 miles of the public airport.
it could have been the space station, the only problem with that was it was moving too slow to already be in Libya

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

The closest the Space Station came to you was Blythville AK. That would have been to your Southeast.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join