It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

adopted adults...are you out there on ATS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I was adopted after day 2 and really, I've been contemplating meeting my birth parents. I'm not sure if it could answer every question or even any but maybe it would explain some mannerisms, my fears, thought process, musical ability. Then again, all of that might have come from my parents that raised me. Loved me more than those dicks who gave me away.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Absco because: what's your reason?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Summer, I wasn't adopted. But I was a posession, like you, who longed for mothering. I was a child raised by a very immature and disturbed mother. Nothing was given without a reminder of how much was sacrificed. So much so, I still become anxious when receiving any gift. Some women just aren't mothers. One New Year's Eve, in first grade, my mother decided to play a fantastic joke and tell me I was adopted, only to let me off the hook three hours later. Sometimes I still wonder. Sometimes I wish I had a birth mother to look for. Biology doesn't always facilitate a bond. You've earned your strength and wisdom - any mother worth her salt would be proud.

<< 1   >>

join