It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you people sleep at night!?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I don't see why research of UFOs, or even other subjects, should affect your sleep quality. If I read up on paranormal stuff.. I don't assume a ghost is going suddenly pop into my home, any more than I expect to be abducted by reading up on UFOs. I just approach it logically, not emotionally.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
My dreams are much more frightening than any reality that exists, so I have mental exercises I do at bed time and if that doesn't work, I have some awesome medication that knocks me out...but that means I can't wake from the nightmares.

It's a funny old life really.

Rev

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Htrowklis82

Allow small bits of LIGHT to reach you at a time and then you will begin to shine with it and sleep will be no issue. Overload yourself with the light then , you cant get to sleep to process the data..

Be well

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Htrowklis82
No seriously, how?
I try to research and study alien and UFO theories but I can't sleep at night if I do it wholeheartedly.
I have had multiple experiences and want to be able to delve deeper, but my sleep is valuable.
I have only gotten halfway through Jim Marrs alien agenda and forget communion..it sits on my bookshelf.
What do you do, to put it out of your mind before the lights go down?
Sorry about the empty post, I hit enter and it posted...I meant to just go down a line.....

edit on 14-8-2011 by Htrowklis82 because: to fill out my post

Dude the second half of Jim Marrs is way better than the first. Sleep is evil. The government wants you to sleep. The corporations want you to sleep. Religions especially want you to sleep. Your GF probably wishes you'd be asleep. Don't sleep. Read Marrs instead.

edit on 15-8-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I had sleepless nights a while ago and was afraid to goto sleep because on odd sensations I got when drifting of. some people though this was linked with alien visitation which did not help! Lol

Eventually it went away after fighting it and working nights so I was always awake at night. I now work days and I hit the weights and box at a local gym to get to sleep. I am always full of nervous energy and cant sleep well usually and working out is a godsend for getting sleep no matter whats troubling you emotionaly or physically.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

You too much desire unearthly knowledge. The internet is a dumping source for all kind of knowledge (good and bad). You should read books. But in the end, we will never know about extraterrestrials. Not yet, but in time we will.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hey all,

Brand new poster here. Not sure if anyone's heard, but the History Channel shut down ALL chat rooms on their website last Thursday. No one really knows why, other than I feel they're in the middle of a rebranding effort for their channel considering their shows have very little to do with actual history anymore....but we had a decent UFO community there, even though UFO Hunters has been cancelled for years.

A group of us agreed to come over here and start accounts. Most of us are level-headed folks, there's always that 10% of kooks though. Looking forward to getting to know you guys. And btw, anyone seen a user by the name of "Yba" on these boards, please let him know I was looking for him. He told me ~ 9, 12 months ago he was coming over here.

Thanks much!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Your GF probably wishes you'd be asleep.

I am always being mistaken for a guy here...is it my name, avatar?
IDK maybe I should just go with it lol...
I have loved the book so far, and look forward to the second half!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hm... I just remember something what I did when I was a child and saw another monster-movie that made me being afraid.

I did something like "controlled dreaming": I started to dream, and in my dream I met that monster. First, I looked at it in all it's monstrosity. And then we made friends.

Because of the fact, that I watched many horror movies in my childtime, with time passing by I became friends with many monsters, and all together, we formed a strange caravan, wandering through the world of my dreams.

Afther having seen all the movies monsters and having made friends with them, I tried to imagine the worst monster ever. Somehow I thought, it should be of greenish skincolor, red glowing eyes... and somehow reptilian origin...

I managed to make friends with it, my childtimes worst nightmare. And then I was no longer afraid of any monster.

A strange idea, to make friends with monsters, isn't it?

But something tells me, it might help not just in dreams...

edit on 15/8/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Your GF probably wishes you'd be asleep.

I am always being mistaken for a guy here...is it my name, avatar?
IDK maybe I should just go with it lol...
I have loved the book so far, and look forward to the second half!

Sometimes it is just hard to tell juts by a name or avatar. If it helps, I thought you were a girl.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gannicus
I just grew up and stopped being afraid of monsters. Geez, how old are you? Are you seriously scared of aliens?

How old are YOU that you tease people for having fears? Everyone has fears.

Go ahead.Tell us what you are afraid of.Don't give me that BS that you are not afraid of anything.Everyone is afraid of something and even adults have get spooked and have trouble sleeping sometimes....

Well, you are so grown up....Tell us what YOU are afraid of.....Or are you afraid to admit that you are afraid????

I'll even go first....You know what I am most afraid of? My father......

Your turn!

In other words....You might should consider doing a bit more growing up.
edit on 15-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Brain never sleep, it's working all the time!
It just receive orders and act! It's looking for solutions!
It's helping you because you are concerned by something important for your life.
Maybe you are not aware that you are that worry!
Brain does not distinguish about reality and imagination!

Revise your true life my friend!
Frami

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Tried smoking a funky cigarette? I do and I fall asleep in minutes. If I don't smoke I barely get 4 hours sleep. I have not had any UFO experiences the few odd lights in the sky but I usually put them down to satellites. I dud however have an odd dream the other night, bits I remember were seeing the moon during day time with the sun out but also a third moon/sun behind OUR sun, if you get me. The dream continued there was a flash and everyone started screaming and running. Next thing I knew there were flying crafts in the sky but then a scene from chronicles of riddick, where the necromongers come down from their ships and then I woke up a bit bemused

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

What I do when I've creeped myself out is watch something funny and before bed I remind myself that IF something alien related should occur either that night or anytime the best I can do is play it by ear, after all, no one knows what to expect.
Being well rested is essential to clear thought.

and if your still creeped out, try wearing a hoodey to bed with the hood up and the blankets pulled up, the idea is piece of mind.

Better still take a break once every few days, man can't live on secrets and mysteries alone

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I use Melatonin. A Natural Sleeping Aid. Melatonin has other uses aside from improving sleep. It can be used as an antioxidant, cancer protective agent, skin protective agent, contraceptive and as a treatment for Seasonal affective depression.

www.melatoninfaq.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Learn to be skeptic... You will realize most of your fears is based in just your brain make wild allucinations/fantasy without any good reason to back up them.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

On a big pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful ladies.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
On the floor with a blanket - like a boss!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

No seriously, how?
I try to research and study alien and UFO theories but I can't sleep at night if I do it wholeheartedly.
I have had multiple experiences and want to be able to delve deeper, but my sleep is valuable.
I have only gotten halfway through Jim Marrs alien agenda and forget communion..it sits on my bookshelf.
What do you do, to put it out of your mind before the lights go down?
Sorry about the empty post, I hit enter and it posted...I meant to just go down a line.....

edit on 14-8-2011 by Htrowklis82 because: to fill out my post

Frankly, when i find myself "spooked" which is really what you're saying, I watch something pleasant on tv before turning in.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Repeat one word over and over until its out of your mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join