It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you people sleep at night!?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Htrowklis82
altho I sometimes wake up feeling...well hmm, familiar with an old feeling if you will.

yes!! I know this feeling. sometimes I get it earlier in the day and know what awaits me in the night. on those nights, sleep is out totally out of the question. can't explain it, like a certain audible frequency I hear which makes the fine hairs all over my body stand up.

also, I learned to avoid looking at the communion picture at all cost.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

I do understand my tendency to do this! I couldn't put alien agenda down!
Until my sleep was just being horribly affected. I have half of the book left, and really want to finish it. I obviously just need to pace myself!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

also, I learned to avoid looking at the communion picture at all cost.

You know...my copy of communion does not have the famous cover picture...its a new print edition I believe.
Took me forever to find it at the store because I was looking for the face!
edit on 14-8-2011 by Htrowklis82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I keep a can of Black Flag hornet and wasp killer bug spray on hand, cuz these non-human ETs are bug based.

This post had me excited and left me confused!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

It is refreshing to meet someone who has had similar experiences...or isn't afraid to all out admit it!
Altho, off topic a bit...when hockey season starts we may be mortal enemies its seems lol! My username could have easily been avsfan! Lets not be enemies tho...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I generally do NOT sleep at night.
I'm a nightwalker. I sleep during the day, but I never sleep all that much anyway. Couple of hours here, couple there, I'm ok.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
As much as UFOs and aliens and whatnot interest me, and I am open-minded to the possibility of it all actually existing, at the end of the day though, it is all just words. If I ever have a horrible encounter with aliens, that's when I'll lose sleep out of trauma.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Htrowklis82

...loved communion (the book)... parts of the movie were very funny...

...i rarely have bad dreams, although the movie "the crawling hand" really freaked me out (but i was a kid)... saw a wes craven flick (as an adult) that turned into nightmare, so his stuff is on my banned list... my former SO's mother's lasagna gave me humdinger nightmares, so it got put on the banned list too, lol...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Shawny2222

I think that is what ended my ability to handle the topic....
I wish they were dreams....that would be so much easier to deal with!
I tell people who say it must have been a bad dream.
Have you ever had a bad nightmare? "yes"
Did you remember it vividly 5 years later and did it still have the power to keep you up at night!? "no"
Ok then!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Jesus Christ.

People sleep well when they know they're loved.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Shawny2222

I think that is what ended my ability to handle the topic....
I wish they were dreams....that would be so much easier to deal with!
I tell people who say it must have been a bad dream.
Have you ever had a bad nightmare? "yes"
Did you remember it vividly 5 years later and did it still have the power to keep you up at night!? "no"
Ok then!

I'm usually a hardcore debunker, and at least a very rational thinker. but you see, this thing happened to me, do I button up about it? I 100% can NOT explain it, but it happened, first event whilst fully awake no less. this stuff effects a person at the very core, almost on the cellular level, it is scary.

also there was a time we would have to battle to the death over the whole hockey thing, but I think most fans would give anything to have those days back when hockey was still really hockey.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

I agree hockey is a different game these days!
Yes the fear is deep.....and would bring any skeptic to a new level of thought.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

I said I have trouble sleeping :/

What do you do to find sleep? You had just said it was a long story, not ET related, but do share if you like!

Yeah, I edited that part in after you added your post and I understood what you meant ( Sorry about that).

Well,as I said, my sleep troubles don't come from reading about scary things. Honestly, I have been reading and researching these kinds of things since I was really little. I have always been more curious about it all than scared...

Don't get me wrong, It has scared me before,reading about that stuff...But really,for me, I have always just...tried to learn about the things that I did not understand....It's not scary after you know what you are dealing with so to speak.

Ummm to be perfectly honest....Well, I'm really hesitant to say this, but it stems from abuse as a child.I dream about it a lot....meh

Sleep is a struggle for me. To be honest, I find myself trying to avoid it. But you can only do so for so long. Sometimes I will take some Melatonin....It's a drug free sleep aid....Well,they call it that because it is produced naturally by the body,but you can get pills at the store and,putting a little extra melatonin in your system ( It helps with sleep) can help me to get just sleepy enough to finally lay down and relax.

Had an ex that used to insist on staying awake until I fell asleep....She knew I found it comforting...I always hated that she felt like she had to do that though....I didn't want her to lose sleep just so I could have some. Plus she was always right there to wake me if I started with the flasbacks/dreams.

Do you have a bath pillow? Get one. You can probably find them at any Wal-mart. I have been known to actually go relax in a nice hot bath tub for a bit.( Sit in there as it fills up).Lay back,try your best to think of nothing and just relax....Hey, it's nice. Don't knock it.

call some one. Just talk....about anything... some one you are really close with...a good friend or a boy or girlfriend. After awhile you become to busy talking and forget that you were scared to begin with.

Those are a few things I do in order to try and sleep better. They don't always help,but they never hurt.

I hope that helps. there are some more,if you are interested.Feel free to send a U2U my way any time at all

edit on 14-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

No seriously, how?
I try to research and study alien and UFO theories but I can't sleep at night if I do it wholeheartedly.
I have had multiple experiences and want to be able to delve deeper, but my sleep is valuable.
I have only gotten halfway through Jim Marrs alien agenda and forget communion..it sits on my bookshelf.
What do you do, to put it out of your mind before the lights go down?
Sorry about the empty post, I hit enter and it posted...I meant to just go down a line.....

edit on 14-8-2011 by Htrowklis82 because: to fill out my post

Wondered that myself, I can only ever read this section of ATS at certain times of the day, some of the replies have been eye openers but I'm still not sure I'd follow what others do just to be able to read stuff at say, 3am and then sleep right after. Don't think I'd be able to.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I don't really have trouble sleeping. I do sleep with an old Army bayonet at the side of my bed, though. Just in case I get any disgusting freaks of nature bothering my night sleep.
But I don't research aliens and UFOs that much these days. That doesn't make it any less likely to happen, though.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

So apparently I am the only one who has trouble sleeping......
No weed involved..tho it probably could help! Darn my education and employment dreams!
Try to watch chess games before sleeping. Here is a site where games of top level players are shown:

livechess.chessdom.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
First,you should train yourself to breathe.When people are tense,they tend to hold their breath,and your brain cannot function without proper oxygen flow.When learning martial arts,the most difficult thing you learn is how to keep breathing while you are under attack,and to remain calm when your instinct is to be scared.Second,try a shot glass of grape seed oil before you turn in at night.This isn't very tasty,but it is a vegan source of important fatty acids that your brain must have to function well.A lack of sleep over a prolonged period of time can do alot of damage to your whole being. Third,learn how to let go.As fascinating as the whole ufo-et thing might be to you,if they aren't working you over right now,try whatever you can to NOT live in dread of this stuff.It might seem silly,but try watching a comedy film,or making alot of silly jokes with your buddies.Laughter of the kind that doesn't come at the expense of another's dignity is TRULY a life giving elixor.BAHGOOFUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

i rarely sleep at night. insomnia has made sleep a scarce commodity for so long that is has had much effect on my mental and physical well-being. in my older age i can't take it anymore, it is beyond what i am able to cope with.

used to be i could easily go three or four nights in a row without sleep and still get by. worked, played, lived life. when i couldn't take it anymore i would use this-that or alcohol to incredible excess. passing out is one way to get sleep but it's not a very good one. you wind up using a lot of substances & alcohol and not getting much sleep. twenty years of that and one day at work you break into pieces. everything has its limits.

one thing i like about being awake at night is knowing no one is going to get the drop on our place as my wife sleeps in her room. there is a lot of people like me who have too much stored up for too long.

IMHO most adults in america don't sleep well, from the things i read and what people say in conversation. it's always lit where i live, sun by day, light by night. house lights, street lights, car lights.

i'd like to sleep at night and wake up feeling refreshed and healthy. that hasn't happened since i was a young child.

readers please note: these are my personal observations and opinions - nothing based on research you did, something you read, or a paper you wrote in college. its just my two cents, nothing more. i don't have any links or any pictures or proof of anything.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I just grew up and stopped being afraid of monsters. Geez, how old are you? Are you seriously scared of aliens?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Pretty well actually

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join