It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you people sleep at night!?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Htrowklis82

Try some relaxing gentle soothing music at night. Maybe Some strauss.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Yes I have a post...I apologize for the empty start.
I fear it may have started a thread of sarcasm and inappropriateness!
I suppose I need to discover the line where my research begins to be an issue. Perhaps I can baby step that line further and further.
I just can't imagine how jim marrs or other big UFO/Alien researchers and contributors do it.
For a time after my initial night time experiences happened, I developed 3 months of severe insomnia..I was very ill.
My doctor prescribed ambien which definitely helped me get back on a sleeping schedule and broke the insomnia.
However, the idea of taking some sort of deep sleep aid regularly does not appeal to me.
I even worry about the melatonin I take...After learning about the affect of hormones and hormonal supplements affecting your bodies natural receptors and excretion of said hormone.
Anyway, I appreciate the serious advice thus far!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Try vodka, it works for me

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by covert1

I really appreciate your take on this....and sharing your experience.
I have had quiet nights for over 4 years now...altho I sometimes wake up feeling...well hmm, familiar with an old feeling if you will.
No outright memories tho.
I guess I fear if I delve again, then I will see again...what I don't want to see.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hrmmm

This is a good idea...perhaps I will try a light background music!

link   

This is a reasonable question. Just like it's not good to go zzzzz immediately after playing an adrenaline rush videogame for 2 hours, the same can true for this subject matter. All the answers we seek are at the edge of our understanding of reality. In short, it's heavy stuff. Give yourself some relaxation time. Maybe read something goofy on the internet to make you smile and bring you back down to earth, before you crawl underneath the sheets.

Also, I'd like to recommend some outstanding books for you:

John Mack's Abduction -Outstanding book and ties directly into what Landi and David claim
Landi Mellas /David Caywood's The Other Sky -Amazing book if you can handle it with an open mind
Paul R Hill's Unconventional Flying Objects -Written by a true scientist, this is college level reading
Terry Hansen's The Missing Times -Shows how close the feds are with major media outlets
Jeff Bennett's Beyond UFOs -For scientific skeptics who really need to understand the implications of all this UFO business

Best of luck in sleeping tonight....

*cue X-Files music*

link   
iv seen jiant animals with citys on their backs and they know they are there sleeps easy ya just faint and aim for a soft spot

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

You may not want to delve into your subconcious. If you find the root it may haunt your concious mind for many years.
Maybe you just need to move away from the things that are hindering you from sleeing?
I would not advice you takeing any drugs (medication) or it will become like a crutch that evertime you limp on your insomnia you will reach for the bottle.

Peace & Best Wishes!
edit on 14-8-2011 by hrmmm because: typo correction

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

I do try this approach...No topics of this nature for a few hours before sundown, and for sure not after dark.
Its almost like I need to rotate days...1 day on, 2 days off or something.
When I can find a good place, and balance I will definitely check out the reading you suggested!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

No need to apologize and your thread is doing just fine !!!

After I had recollections of abduction, my sleep was deeply disturbed. I did read and research up to the point where insomnia became a problem. Not any more. Balance. Like every thing else, you must find the time for everything you do. A time to research, a time to read, a time to think and a time to laugh. And always, time to sleep. Lack of sleep - in my case - heightens the paranoia levels and negative thinking. So I sleep. Balance is healthy and necessary...

Hope this helps you.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hrmmm

nm time to log out of "The peoples rubublic of censorship" permently.

Goodbye everyone it was fun,entertaining and informative!
Im sorry im huuman and not some mindless programmable zombie drone, no chips implanted in me!

Best wishes to everyone & thanks for all the fish!

edit on 14-8-2011 by hrmmm because: BS censorship

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

The level of insomnia during the flap of my visitations was like nothing I have ever experienced.
I met with a MUFON director at the time, and she said that perhaps I was having such vivid recollection because, they thought I could handle it and have a more open relationship. Her advice was for me to tell them no, that I am not able to handle it.
I remember doing this, and then no longer remembering. Tho these experiences are vivid and not dream like in any way, I do believe them to be abduction events.
I do from time to time wake up with that familiar feeling but no memories to speak of any longer.
After many years I assumed I could handle a bit more delving into the topic and am surprised how shallow the fear and feelings of that time still are!
Balance....I will remember this mantra.
Perhaps I will only be able to read a book a page at time lol!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hrmmm

You mean this one?

2nd warning: Stop promoting illegal drugs

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hrmmm
reply to post by hrmmm

how was my post off topic for sugesting some relaxing music to help sleep at night?

Your music suggestion remains..
It must have been a less legal suggestion that was blocked.
the music was idea was good...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
When I first started finding out about all this, I couldn't sleep either. Mostly about our government, but the UFO stuff and Aliens, didn't really bother me cause I'd been into it since I was a kid. Just get away from it for a bit. Go to the river, or the coast would be better and think about what you've learned so far, use common sense, and your good sense of sorting the lies from the truth. Here is William Cooper's take on it, might make you feel better. But yeah, your mind races, believe me I know. Been there. Only took me a week of no sleep.

But you do have to get away from it for a couple of days and just relax.

Here is the article.
www.hourofthetime.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I appreciate all of the sane advice!
I want to get to a good place on this subject and be able to contribute more!
Their are faces I would like to forget, but I can't.....It is amazing how the fear can take you back to feeling like your 5 years old again and afraid of the dark!
edit on 14-8-2011 by Htrowklis82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I tend to get wrapped up in a good story or research, or learning physics or design, or other things to avoid the idle time. But I usually stop a while before bed and step outside for a while. I live out in the boonies so I listen to the stream and the crickets and look out at the stars. I usually keep my MP3 player on the nightstand. If my mind starts to race I turn on some relaxing soft music and concentrate on the flow of the music and I usually drift off.
Sometimes you just gotta unplug from the madness. Give your soul (and your mind) a rest. Read the verses of Desiderata and try to understand the depth of the words. Sometimes we forget just how grand the big picture is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join