It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Governor Rick Perry: "My faith requires me to support Israel."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NerdGoddess
*shaking my head* What? When I was a young girl in school we learned SEPARATION OF STATE AND CHURCH. How DARE this man allow his religion to interfere with his government duties. Its apparent to me more and more everyday that that "separation of church and state" is a big snipping joke.

Just like Barack Obama and GW and all their predecessors.

Every man, woman and child has a religious belief. Be it of a supreme God or no god at all. Both and everything in between are beliefs and you cannot separate the person from his beliefs. Only a machine can be truly objective without being influenced by beliefs. Think about it seriously and logically and you may come to understand the truth of it all.

I would rather have a leader that supports jedeism (sp?) rather than Islam. ANYDAY

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrankieNinja

Originally posted by Never Despise
Source:
www.weeklystandard.com...

It is interesting that loyalty to another country by politicians is a no-no...unless Israel is involved.

No longer even bothering to hide it, are they?

Ready for a US president who puts Israel before America?

Tel you what, Mr. Perry: MY faith requires me to stand up against criminal, racist regemes like Israel and the corrupt politicos who manipulate religion to fill their pockets.

OK?
edit on 14-8-2011 by Never Despise because: (no reason given)

So, one could deduce from your statement that you are also opposed to the Obama administration for its stance against Israel and FOR Islam?

You could deduce that, IF Obama was for Islam and opposed Israel - He isn't, so you can't.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You could deduce that, IF Obama was for Islam and opposed Israel - He isn't, so you can't.

Hosting Ramadan at the White House is pro Islam, anti Christian and Judaism
Giving POW's Miranda Rights is pro Islam, anti Christian and Judaism
Bowing before Middle Eastern heads of state is pro Islam, anti Christian and Judaism
STILL supporting Pakistan while making unreasonable demands of Israel is pro Islam, anti Christian and Judaism
Reverend Wright... speaks for itself

I could go on, but only those who have an ear can hear.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Praise the lord, pass the ammunition. This is just getting religulous

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrankieNinja

Hosting Ramadan at the White House is pro Islam, anti Christian and Judaism
Giving POW's Miranda Rights is pro Islam, anti Christian and Judaism
Bowing before Middle Eastern heads of state is pro Islam, anti Christian and Judaism
STILL supporting Pakistan while making unreasonable demands of Israel is pro Islam, anti Christian and Judaism
Reverend Wright... speaks for itself

I could go on, but only those who have an ear can hear.

I can't believe how wrong you are. You've been brainwashed something proper, eh?

If Obama was pro-Islam and sympathetic to the Middle East he'd have never been elected... EVER. He wouldn't have been allowed.

You actually believe people those in control would allow someone like Obama -- Or what you claim Obama to be -- to just waltz into the White House?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dl2one

HERE HERE! Sadly, there will be another war and yes, it will be religious, like most before it. So I stand by my statement that only a machine would be capable of making a truly objective decision based on empirical facts.

Man, regardless of affiliation or religion or lack thereof, is not able to separate belief from choice.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by N34Li3Z

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
What I don't understand is why Christians feel such and affiliation with Jews.

Brainwashing my friend.

Not quite. There are some Bible verses that are relevant to the question. I will look them up later.

Most Christians are COMPLETELY oblivious that judaism is the only abrahamic religion that does not adhere to the belief of an after-life; no heaven, and no hell, unlike christianity and islam, the other two abrahamic religions that do.

I do think you need to study Judaism a bit more. Educate yourself

There's more reverence for The Christian Jesus by muslims than there is by the jewish religion.

That is because the Israelites (Jews) of his time rejected his teachings, as it was prophesied.

. . . when really muslims believe in the same god that christians do, just call him by another name.

Not quite

--Muslims believe in a god who is utterly transcendent, who is non-anthropomorphic, and to whom we humans are required to submit in total obedience. Christians believe in a god who is partially transcendent and partially immanent, who is three persons in one (and quite anthropomorphic), and whom we are expected to show love. Jews believe in a god who is less transcendent, more immanent, and who has a special role for the Jewish tribes, singled out from all humanity. Link--

Muslims and Christians belief in monotheism, Jews do not, as evident in a scripture of the torah telling of the making of humans by more than one "god."

The Jewish "gods" is just a showing of the trinity, which is shown throughout the Tanakh

This polytheism,

Judaism is monotheistic, or could even be henotheistic. It is not polytheistic.

along with a lack of belief in karma,

Again, you know nothing of Judaism. The whole Tanakh is about "karma."

or an afterlife is why judaism is considered a heathen religion from what I've read.

Apparently you have been reading in Stormfront or the Icke forums, or something related.

edit on 8/15/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
. . . But it seems to me that what Christ taught is very different from both the Jewish faith of his day

Kind of. He taught that they should live by God's rules, not the rules of man. He also taught the spirit of the law, as opposed to the letter of the law.

and the Jewish faith of today.

Today's Judaism is rabbinical. It was know in His days as Phariseeism. They rejected his teachings then, and they do now. One day, they will grasp the concept.

If Christ were alive today and living in Israel, would he be supporting their policies?

Read the New Testament and find out . . .

Actually read it, and don't take the word of anyone else.

How could a true follower of Christ support war and torture?

Jesus would not support torture, but He would most definitely support war. Jesus was not Gandhi. He even said Himself, "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Jesus taught pure Torah. It has been corrupted and twisted by Christians and Jews alike. It would do you good to actually go and study the whole Bible. It is quite a job, and you learn a lot.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If I had any inclination to go into politics, I would be sure to read up on history.

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

If I were going to publicly call myself religious, I would read the Bible all the way through atleast once.

Specially the parts about the covenant with God and who it was intended to cover.

I can not fathom how or why the U S has become so entangle with those who are in Israel today.

I ask everyone to look back at the history of their actions and explain how our "leaders" can be so blinded, even by the money.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton

. . .

Specially the parts about the covenant with God and who it was intended to cover.

I can not fathom how or why the U S has become so entangle with those who are in Israel today.

. . .

Because it was prophesied in the Bible. It was also prophesied that even Israel's allies would fall away.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Never Despise

I'm with you on that .
Israel is a pariah state, hidden in a veil of Godliness.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Just a few points to get you started. I tried to give you a selection; I imagine you can find atleast one with which you will not agree.

The covenant was cut between God and Abraham. The blessings were to be for Abraham and his "seed". Abraham was a decendant of Noah's son Shem. The Kazars are decended from Noah's son Ham an not included in the covenant. They coverted to Judaism in the tenth century for political reasons, so they do not share in the covenant, again.

Rev. 2:9
I know thy works, and tribulation and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Rev. 3:9

Behold, I will make them of the synagoge of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

www.youtube.com...

Lavon Affair

en.wikipedia.org...

www.jewwatch.com...

www.allaboutpalestine.com...

USS Liberty

en.wikipedia.org...

www.lewrockwell.com...

www.ussliberty.org...

As my time was running short, I could get some more later.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Source:
www.weeklystandard.com...

It is interesting that loyalty to another country by politicians is a no-no...unless Israel is involved.

No longer even bothering to hide it, are they?

Ready for a US president who puts Israel before America?

Tel you what, Mr. Perry: MY faith requires me to stand up against criminal, racist regemes like Israel and the corrupt politicos who manipulate religion to fill their pockets.

OK?
edit on 14-8-2011 by Never Despise because: (no reason given)

He isn't putting Israel "before" America. He is just stating what most real Christians believe, and in the end of times, the US will stand alone as Israel's ally. We will face the world that way, and we will be victorious.

I don't know if I truly believe that stance, and I am not a Rick Perry fan, I support Ron Paul and Herman Cain, but I do admire someone that is willing to step up and bluntly say what their morality is. Even if I disagree with this particular stance, I will vote for a man with the integrity and honesty to state their beliefs openly.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

Yay! More Jew bashing! Yay! You got to love how many people do not know nothing at all about Jews and Judaism. Then they make the most ridiculous statements you can read on a forum site which discusses conspiracy theories.
Debunking the Khazar myth
The Khazar myth debunked
I believe you should use your time instead of worrying about Jews or anyone else.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hes Christian and not ashamed to say it

He has my vote

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Now why are you assuming he will put Israel before America from this article? All he said is his faith requires him to support Israel as opposed to not supporting them.

He never mentioned in in relation to his belief in America.

It shows there is NO seperation of RELIGON and STATE.

edit on 15-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
I'm with Kro on this one. I am not for supporting Israel myself, nor do I like Rick Perry. However I don't see the same thing you see when looking at what he said. He said his religious beliefs require him to support the state of Israel. Why are you creating a dichotomy where supporting israel automatically equals not supporting America?

The Commander in Chief must have loyalty completely to the United States.

If there was a situation in which acting in a way that is not beneficial to Isreal would be beneficial to the USA, it is the President's duty to help the US at the expense of Israel. If the President has a religious committment to another nation that would prevent him from acting in the best interests of the US, he is unfit for president.

I would agree. That said though, having support for another nation does not mean the direct neglect of the nation you're working for. We live in a global economy with insane amounts of interest around the globe. I'm not advocating the way it is. What I'm saying is that it's wrong to directly assume that supporting any other nation automatically means forgetting about home. When you bathe, do you not wash all your body parts? You don;t beglect your legs because you decided you arms needed more attention that day. The US is not in such a deprived state where we are commiting economic suicide by assisting Israel.

- For religious reasons is an entirely different issue which I am adamant about. I feel religion should be as far from government as possible.
edit on 15-8-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
"My faith requires me to support Israel."

i.e.

"I cannot think for myself so I'll just follow the rest of the flock"

"My faith requires me to support Israel."

i.e.

"Vote for me if you support Isreal because right now I'm telling you what you want to hear."

www.patriotactionnetwork.com...

Perry is close with open Islamic terrorism supporter, Palestinian extremist Farouk Shami, who bragged that his father killed many innocent Jews in Israel. And it’s despite the fact that the HAMAS financier and unindicated HAMAS co-conspirator in Islamic terrorism, the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) Action Network is having allahgasms over Perry. If they support him, it’s a good reason to oppose this Republi-dhimmi.

G ov. Rick Perry's relationship with Muslims may set him apart
From the CAIR website...

While some other presidential candidates bring up concerns about American Muslims’ loyalty and decry Islamic law in the U.S., here’s a Christian, Republican politician who initiated a teacher-training program on Islamic history and has been friends for years with the Aga Khan, head of an Islamic sect called Ismailis, Salon points out. Perry even laid the first brick at the groundbreaking ceremony for an Ismaili worship center in Plano in 2005. . . .

“The Muslim community has a significant number of political conservatives, and they do support Perry,” said Mustafaa Carroll, executive director of the Council on American Islamic Relations in Houston. . . . Carroll notes that Muslims donated to President George Bush’s campaign and have given to Perry’s gubernatorial campaigns.

IMHO, He looks stiff and disingenuous. I know only God can judge a person's heart, however I can clearly see that he's trying to play both sides of the issue. Fraud.

edit on 15-8-2011 by robyn because: format

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267
reply to post by hdutton

Yay! More Jew bashing! Yay! You got to love how many people do not know nothing at all about Jews and Judaism. Then they make the most ridiculous statements you can read on a forum site which discusses conspiracy theories.
Debunking the Khazar myth
The Khazar myth debunked
I believe you should use your time instead of worrying about Jews or anyone else.

Well !!
Imagine my surprise, I am "partly wrong".

According to the genetic testing sited in your reply the Israelies really are killing Jesus' relatives, if the Jewish genes are present in the Palistinians. But, I guess this puts the conflict in the realm of a family squabble. So why should we get involved on either side.

I did notice you lack of responce to the topics of the Lavon Affair and the attack on the USS Liberty. These are well known and confirmed events of history and the Israelie government has yet to offer even an appoligy for them.

Do you honestly believe the government of the U S should allow such actions from any other country. After all we went to war with Viet Nam over a lesser event which didn't actually happen.

I would still like to get an answer to my question as to why our politicians find it necessary to continue to show such a preferance to Israel.

I am not making these statements as any type of "anti-semitic Jew bashing" I am just seeking an answer to a question which I can't explain, and using true facts as support for my position.
edit on 16-8-2011 by hdutton because: After thought to state my position.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

So, you're a Christian who doesn't believe the Jews are Jews. Is that where you're coming at? Now don't get it twisted. I'm not a Zionist or supporter of the state of Israel. I'm a proud Jew that wants Judaism to be respected by people who don't respect Judaism. I'm not the person to support deaths on both sides.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join