It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Governor Rick Perry: "My faith requires me to support Israel."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The funny thing is most Christians(that I know personally) don't know anything about Israel or what the bible says about it.
I've asked before, and go no replies.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Violetshy

Great intro to Israel.
Introduction to Israel

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Never Despise

Originally posted by spinalremain

The Commander in Chief must have loyalty completely to the United States.

If there was a situation in which acting in a way that is not beneficial to Isreal would be beneficial to the USA, it is the President's duty to help the US at the expense of Israel. If the President has a religious committment to another nation that would prevent him from acting in the best interests of the US, he is unfit for president.

president Kenedy had to make it plain that his religion would not intefere with his duty to the USA.

how times have changed.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I guess we know who the next President of the U.S. is gonna be... I thought we were done letting these bible-beaters run the country but I guess not.

Why don't the Muslims just let us knock down the Al-Aqsa Mosque so the Jews and Christians can rebuild their little temple and Jesus can come back. Then, when he doesn't show and absolutely nothing happens, the Muslims can laugh at our epic, religious failure and proclaim their religion as the greatest and correct way to worship until it blows up in their face the same way.

Come on, let’s just get it moving and end this once and for all.

Some of the main problems that we are currently facing in the world are based on the stupidest piece of fiction from thousand year old prophecies that have been edited and screwed to serve an agenda. I think it is absolutely astonishing how gullible people are to still believe this crap like it is the only thing that matters.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

nice avatar rockdis...
I think i'm overdue for a new one anyway

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

nice avatar rockdis...
I think i'm overdue for a new one anyway

Sorry about that, I didn't think you would notice.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Maybe he should give up his American citizenship and run for office in Israel! He won't be missed, "adios muchacho!"

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

Thanks so much for that! I'm reading it in just a second!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
What else can he really say about Israel???
All our politicians say this " yes yes israel is so great"
They know they (israel) pretty much have there way with us via our government.
Israel somehow has a hold of most our bloody news ie media.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Our decision as a nation to support Isreal should not be based on the POTUS' religious beliefs. That does not sit well with me. Perry's certainly entitled to hold whatever religious views he wants but his duty as POTUS is to, first and foremost, look out for what is in America's best interests.

This may foreshadow things to come if Perry is elected...

Perry Abuses His Office for Isreal

On June 28, 2011, Perry wrote a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder regarding “Violations of U.S. Law by Organizers of Gaza Flotilla.” The letter is on official state letterhead, and Perry signed it as governor, not as a private citizen. Now you might well express surprise that such a communication even exists; after all, what does the Gaza flotilla have to do with the governance of Texas? Perry does not exactly answer that question except by noting that he is an “American citizen and governor of one of its largest states.” His letter claims that the flotilla would “interfere with Israel’s maritime blockade of the Gaza Strip,” and it calls on Holder to prevent “these illegal actions” and “prosecute anyone who may elect to engage in them.”Citing “additional information provided … by Shurat HaDin,” the letter asserts that “a coalition of violent anti-Israeli organizations” is behind the flotilla.

Perry calls on the United States government to prosecute as criminals and terrorist supporters a group of American citizens who had, at that point, broken no law, were clearly intending not to break any laws, and were in any event incapable of engaging in any violent or subversive act. And he does so on behalf of a foreign government, Israel, uncritically using information provided by that government to make his case. If Eric Holder had been foolish enough to heed Perry’s advice, a number of American citizens might well have to risk spending the rest of their lives in a federal prison for doing absolutely nothing wrong.

The article goes into detail how the actions of American citizens were, in Perry's opinion, violations of the Patriot Act.

Hmmmmmm. I am not comfortable with this at all.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Never Despise

I can never honestly support a man whos faith will influence their decisions in such a huge way like this..

I think it would be wrong to use tax payer money to complete ones religious mission.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Never Despise

I just don't get this.

What about Jews denying Christ is appealing to Christians?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I always wonder why these Christians will do anything in their power to support the state of Israel. Today I finally figured it out! They want to convert Jews to the Christian faith and destroy Judaism. I could care less about Christians supporting Zionism. They do not care about the Jewish people and I do not care about their faith.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
My Faith requires me to leave the United States if any of these far right nuts make it into the White House.

How come you didn't leave under Bush? Or why not leave now? Obama is technically a far right nut. I think you people are hating on Perry simply because he's good looking.

Sorry but ATS members are not superficial 13 years old. Maybe you are, but we are not.

Perry is scum of the earth, as shown WITH HIS ACTIONS over the years he's been in politics, as seen what he has done to Texas and what and who he has supported.

Whoever supports Perry is either an ignorant fool or a sick human being. Since most people aren't sick human beings, 99% of Perry supporters are probably just ignorant fools... and that is why the government loves to make sure government education, the MSM and the celebrity culture dumb down people.

Hell when 6 million people watch that crappy show Jersey Shore... you know it's bad. Those 6 million (if they all voted) would probably vote for whoever the TV tells them to vote for.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
*shaking my head* What? When I was a young girl in school we learned SEPARATION OF STATE AND CHURCH. How DARE this man allow his religion to interfere with his government duties. Its apparent to me more and more everyday that that "separation of church and state" is a big snipping joke.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm a Christian and I'm NOT voting for that poseur. I seriously doubt he has a faith apart from the cult of personality which he seems to have a fair mastery of.

I can't get behind the alleged "Christian" group that he's bonded himself to either...all smells fishy to me and I'm sure to a lot of other believers as well.

In my opinion folk who try to legislate God's law are seriously off base: God gave us free will, he doesn't legislate morality--just warns us of the effects thereof--and anyone who tries to do so is suspect in my eyes.

State rights and less gubmint is where it's at and then we can all choose where we wanna live and contribute based on other like-minded folk.

So, then, for me, it goes without saying that Ron Paul is the MAN!!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You people assume things based on the little information you have. It doesn't have to mean he supports the evil people of Israel.
In the Bible is the word "Israel" describes the people of God.
There are good and bad people everywhere, and when your talking about a whole country, you can either be talking about bad or good.
So let's not assume based our known fractured information.
You must see the whole picture before you come to conclusions of the meaning.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
"My faith requires me to support Israel."

i.e.

"I cannot think for myself so I'll just follow the rest of the flock"

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Now why are you assuming he will put Israel before America from this article? All he said is his faith requires him to support Israel as opposed to not supporting them.

He never mentioned in in relation to his belief in America.

Regardless, he's unfit for office.

Anyone who's faith requires them to support a foreign nation unequivocally is not fit for Office. If he said his faith required him to support Iran, he'd be chased out of the country with pitch forks.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Never Despise
Source:
www.weeklystandard.com...

It is interesting that loyalty to another country by politicians is a no-no...unless Israel is involved.

No longer even bothering to hide it, are they?

Ready for a US president who puts Israel before America?

Tel you what, Mr. Perry: MY faith requires me to stand up against criminal, racist regemes like Israel and the corrupt politicos who manipulate religion to fill their pockets.

OK?
edit on 14-8-2011 by Never Despise because: (no reason given)

So, one could deduce from your statement that you are also opposed to the Obama administration for its stance against Israel and FOR Islam?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join