It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Songs Backwards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Are there any programs that you can play files backwards on? I want to hear this Cradle of Filth song backwards.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
yes, there is a pretty good Reverse Speech program out there available for free download on the internet. I can't remember where it is right now, but it was on my computer before I used Wipe Drive to clean it out. Check out this website to download the program www.reversingmachines.com...

Just record the song, then play it back. I've used my computer's microphone to record conversations with friends, commercials on TV, and songs on TV and the radio.

An intesting note, I found that on "Roses" by Outkast, that if you play parts of it backwards it says "Your Excellence Isn't Worth It", which is basically the theme of that entire song.

Also, in a conversation with my best friend John, my Grandmother, and my mother the phrase "government" was used several times when played backwards. I distinctly said "it's all in the government" twice. This is odd, because even though this specific recorded conversation was about the classes being offered at college, we had all been talking about government conspiracies earlier in the day. Check this program out though, and let me know what your song tells you in reverse...

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The song was "Dinner at Deviant's" by Cradle of Filth. If you play it backwards, you hear a girl recite the Lord's Prayer.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
The song was "Dinner at Deviant's" by Cradle of Filth. If you play it backwards, you hear a girl recite the Lord's Prayer.

If you play a Britney Spears song...cant remember which one...you hear her say "Im not a virgin, come sleep with me" or something like that.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Just convert the song to .wav and reverse it in a wave editor. You could use the Windows Audio Recorder, but I like CoolEdit more. It isn't free though. Some mp3 mixing programs allow reversing of a certain frame, like MixVibes.

You could also edit Justin's Reverseness DSPSPS preset for Winamp Signal Processing Studio 0.35 to work on longer frames than 4 seconds, but a certain amount of coding knowledge is required. I can probably do it for you, if you want it and can't do it yourself.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye

If you play a Britney Spears song...cant remember which one...you hear her say "Im not a virgin, come sleep with me" or something like that.

It's "Hit Me Baby One More Time" and she says "sleep with me, I'm not too young."

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
We also had that trial with Judas Priest where the boy committed suicide since when played backwards it is believed to say "Do it". Then theres all the rumors of what you hear when you play Black Sabbath songs backwards.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
We also had that trial with Judas Priest where the boy committed suicide since when played backwards it is believed to say "Do it".

I wonder if you can get sued if you recorded a song with "Don�t do it!" backwards in it...

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Break out a search both here on ATS and on Google for 'Backmasking' and see what turns up. IIRC its all supposed to be a load of bs, and has no possible way of influencing you while being played forward. Ive reversed some Led Zepplin songs and found the supposed backmasked bits to be so shaky sounding that your brain will read in whatever you want basically.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
stairway to heaven backwards has satanic lyrics in it.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantompatriot
stairway to heaven backwards has satanic lyrics in it.

Or rather it _sounds_ like it does, but its too fuzzy to be a sure thing. Thats one of the songs I tryed out, and it was bogus imho. To be honest I'm more concerened with whats being sung forward than what may be sung backwards.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If you play the Ohio Players "Love Rollercoaster" song slowly you can hear a woman's scream, she was murdered in the studio. An interesting story, though it isn't backwards.

Some of the songs in question are actually mixed to have these phrases in them backwards. However, the phenomenon known as "backwards speech" isn't about reverse encoding, rather it is concerned with messages that are truly hidden in the song or speech. Anything that is long and drawn out (such as The Lord's Prayer) is probably going to be the work of the people in the mixing studio purposely putting it in there and making the size of the radio waves to where it isn't audible played in reverse (which would make it forwards since the original backtrack was in the reverse mode).

Check out the Outkast song "Roses" and let me know what you here. I'm serious though, my friend and I both heard "Your excellence isn't worth it". Sometimes while performing this task with songs you are going to have to slow the playback speed to an incredibly slow level.

I have also tried this with "Stairway to Heaven" and IMHO, it didn't amount to anything. Other songs have been "Yellow Submarine", "Elanor Rigby", and "Lady Madonna" in which I found little of nothing other than some funny sounds. It sounds like someone speaking in a different language with some messed up music behind it. However, I can become creeped out just by listening to some sounds backwards (like the sounds within my downstairs basement backwards).

My friend and I also attempted to record dead silence in my basement and the following is what we thought we heard: Three different 'voices' were heard with one asking "they here yet?", with the reply coming from yet a different 'voice' of "They all here...all". The only sound heard on the forward playing of the message was a faint sound of the air vent. That was creepy, but I am going to attempt a second recording of so-called 'white noise'. However, this time there is an air blowing dryer machine (we had a pipe leak, so it is an industrial air dryer) and the backdrop of the Olympics on NBC (with possible commerical interludes).

I also recorded that Matthew Lesko guy (the one with the question marks on his suit) and we played that recording backwards of one of his commercials. The word "free" was heard over 15 times in period of no longer than 90 seconds.

top topics

join