It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM Reveals It's "Conspiracy To Kick Ron Paul Out Of The Race"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'm not a big Ron Paul fan, but it is obvious that the so called "MSM" is trying to ignore him. This is what they do. They run cover for the Democrat party and smear Republicans. They might as well be an extension of the Democrat party itself.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
All I can say is this....

If the media wasn't such a rich, layered, extended arm of each party,
If the media wasn't paid to influence the opinions of the viewers,
If the media wasn't actually trying to sculpt the society that worships it,

We would be in better shape.
We might be able to make decisions on our own.
We could get the "looks good on tv" people out and the real people in.
Does anyone understand what the media actually does to its viewers?

All these shows, journalists, elections, programs, etc...
All these things are controlling the people who watch it and you know what else?
We pay for them to control us!
They tell you who is popular, and who they ignore!
The problem is that they are actually influencing decisions....
The bigger problem is that the media is directly funded by the very people it sways.
Cable, news, papers, internet...all payed for by the viewers.
So if you don't want to be swayed by what the media tells you...
If you don't want to hear about garbage, propaganda, Fake elections, lies, etc....
Turn it off.
Shut it down.
Of course, it would have to happen in the millions, but we could do it.
We can dictate change, if we stop funding our own demise.

The only way to have a real election with real results is to have to our own opinions.
Not something you agree with coming from a heavily party sponsored television station.
Basically everytime you listen to these people, you are being overcome by the power of suggestion.
The media empire knows this and uses it to the extreme.
On both sides of the spectrum.

What's the solution?
Well since we pay for our "decisions", our "leaders", and our "media"...
It's pretty simple to me.
If the media didn't have the funds to forcibly run an entire election,
If the media didn't have the resources to influence the very people that worship it,
If the media didn't have the influence it does over everyone who watches it...

You might actually get the right people in to gov't seats.

That's my opinion and I stand strongly on it.
We are paying for our own influenced (fake) opinions.
Doesn't make any sense.
Why can't the people be less influenced?
Does the TV really control that much of the people?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Yep, the "unelectable" business only works when slow-thinkers buy it. And: It's never a wasted vote when you vote your conscience.

I'd rather go down swinging than buy that hoo-ha and vote for a puppet. Even if he didn't win, I still wouldn't consider it a wasted vote: Doing the right thing ALWAYS carries forward and contributes to future change.

Be Strong: Vote your Conviction!

I completely agree, and your comment reminds me of the following quote that is truly near and dear to my heart:

“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.” -- John Quincy Adams

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

I can't watch videos, so I cannot speak directly to the video... I would just add, however, that the Republican party and their talking heads as well are trying to "kick Ron Paul out of the race." Both Limbaugh and Hannity trying to convince their listeners that a third party would be a disaster, and I believe Limbaugh has said that if Ron Paul gets the nomination, the party will be destroyed (just as he said about McCain, before launching his assault on McCain in 08). Just hearing them crying about the prospect tells me they know that a third party and/or "fringe" candidate has a real chance to win in 2012. I agree. If Ron Paul does not get the Repub nomination, I hope he runs as an Independent.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If you want to see Ron Paul win get to work today.Go door to door,put up signs and posters everywhere,and above all print pamphlets to give away for free to the millions of Americans who cannot afford a computer.Go to churches,town hall meetings,biker rallies,rock concerts,and anywhere else that you can brainstorm.If the msm wont give you the time of day,RETURN THE FAVOR.Being all defeatist about it is exactly what "THEY" want.Get everywhere and anywhere.Imagine this;every town in America is blanketed with Ron Paul posters,flyers,and all that,but the msm acts as if it isnt their.Then you kill about 50 birds with one stone,you get the word out,and you expose the msm for political bias.Dont wait for help,get humping NOW.Motivate yourself,and laugh off the naysayers.BAHGOOFUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Forgive my irritability here....It's just the culmination of things with the Paul issue...but how exactly do you figure the man is electable? The Republican Party will (AND HAS in the past) put out whatever money it's taken and whatever political capital required to keep Paul down, out and basically irrelevant to anyone but the audience in the same physical venue he happens to be at.

The media won't even cover him as a passing mention at MAJOR national election events and polls for who you might want to win at MAJOR outlets won't even include the mans name. We won't even begin with the Democrats who will steamroll him into dust with their BILLION dollars if he's the one standing as the candidate.

So.. I'll stop with how he can't be elected...the reasons and ways are too numerous now. How about someone tell me how he CAN be elected when he doesn't exist (media), he can't be voted on (political parties) and for those who DO hear anything, he's depicted as the nutty old Grandpa who needed a rest home awhile ago (Political PAC's).

*ANY* Candidate who wins in America today needs Libertarians, Republicans, Democrats AND Independents voting for them. All that changes is the ratios required depending on the person and their affiliation. Paul has a near FANATIC fan club..and good. He has nothing else, and the system has made sure there is almost NO way that ever changes, even if we love him out here.

I'll STILL vote for the man if I ever get the chance in a primary, let alone the general election...but I'll be in a small minority who even get to form a FAIR opinion of who he is. No one outside us willing to put our personal time into research will.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

e·lect·a·ble
adj.
Fit or able to be elected, especially to public office.

How is it that even you are using their smear word when you are a supporter? I think you give way too much credit to the media. He IS electable as he is FIT and ABLE to be elected! He is certainly gaining attention and credibility, while the MSM is losing its. We need to do our job as supporters by telling everybody we can to watch his speeches online, use social networking sites and such to spread the word. The media has become outdated and needs to be done away with. You can't get much freer press than that which is available on the internet, as opposed to that which is owned solely by only a handful of multinational corporations. People are waking up to this, but it is our job to assist with it, while remaining positive and not using their catch phrases that are being used to hypnotize people into believing something that isn't true: like Ron Paul is "unelectable".

edit on 15-8-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I will say this, if he is still in for the Missouri primary I will vote for him without question. I see no one else I'd even consider in the wings, let alone declared if Paul is still a choice for me. If he makes it to the open general election, I will absolutely vote for him and sincerely hope he wins with all my being. If he could make it, he just might be able to turn the ship around. There... Happy thoughts.
I mean every last one of them 110%. We'll see what happens.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

However, you and every other defeatist in this once-great country will vote for the puppet that is given the support of the people we would like to see out of power if Ron Paul doesn't receive the GOP nomination. He won't have the backing of the GOP. That won't happen. He certainly won't win the presidency if we allow the thought process you are conveying to spread. Who cares if he has to run as a third party? Vote for him anyway if you believe in what he says. Voting any other way would be throwing away your vote as you don't believe in what the other candidates REALLY stand for.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

As a matter of fact, no, I won't. Last election cycle, I did vote for Obama in the Missouri primary because I believed at that point he had ZERO chance of actually winning and I sure didn't feel like Hillary needed to get into the White House. When the general election came around, I couldn't stomach either of those liars. I wrote in Ron Paul, for the good it would do. At least I could look myself in the mirror.

I expect I'll be doing the same thing this time. I wouldn't bother voting at all anymore, for how rigged it is during the Presidential election, but the down ticket issues are still well worth the effort. At the local and state level, the numbers are low enough where votes actually matter, or so I'll keep telling myself until there aren't elections to vote in anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join