It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM Reveals It's "Conspiracy To Kick Ron Paul Out Of The Race"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

So in summary CNN reported that the straw poll doesn't matter and all it is is fun and games.

Wow. They really admitted that?

Not to mention the thing about Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I dearly love Ron Paul, I do. I'd vote for him early and often (gee...where did we hear that last time? lol) but he just has absolutely no hope of even coming to the final stretch and this illustrates why. It isn't the public. The public who give him a fair hearing and open mind for a few minutes usually like him from my experience. However, how can he function at all when the WHOLE system...both sides of it...are completely focused on his destruction and removal from the race? It's a message hard to miss when your own party runs against you for your own senior level seat.

In a just world and fair system, we'd be able to give President Paul a shot. He couldn't do worse and might just start fixing things..It's just a shame that in the real system we're under, we don't really have a say. Not with him anyway.

Everyone does need to figure out who among the choices does have a shot at winning and each person can stomach to vote for...Ii'm not personally sure which other one fits that description at this point.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I dearly love Ron Paul, I do. I'd vote for him early and often (gee...where did we hear that last time? lol) but he just has absolutely no hope of even coming to the final stretch and this illustrates why. It isn't the public. The public who give him a fair hearing and open mind for a few minutes usually like him from my experience. However, how can he function at all when the WHOLE system...both sides of it...are completely focused on his destruction and removal from the race? It's a message hard to miss when your own party runs against you for your own senior level seat.

In a just world and fair system, we'd be able to give President Paul a shot. He couldn't do worse and might just start fixing things..It's just a shame that in the real system we're under, we don't really have a say. Not with him anyway.

Everyone does need to figure out who among the choices does have a shot at winning and each person can stomach to vote for...Ii'm not personally sure which other one fits that description at this point.

It's all in the attitude. If we think this way it'll become true. Let's fight the power and fight back.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
yeah there trying to make more lies... MSN is fake anyways.. just a giant conspiracy.. ask former msn workers..
yeah tehre just straight up mad/or there being told to say this

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
ron paul is awesome

ron paul is the man

i can't believe we actually have someone like him in office who has the values and ideologies he has

him delievering 4000 + babies being a doctor having the same messege 30+ years

Why is the obvious answer so difficult to get through peoples heads? lol

what really me sick was the other day was watching CNN

the reporter on scene was talking about ron paul for 2 seconds when the news anchor (drew ) something intrupt him and says

"lets put the ron paul stuff on hold" if im not mistaken

they started then talking about palin who is not even a presidential canditate yet

i was shocked and upset ron paul was brushed off like that

i wish i could find that video

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

I see alot of Support For Ron Paul Now more then Before then it was in 2008.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
A news source said the truth for once...... Some one is bound to get fired over this one.

edit on 14-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Excellent.

If anyone doesn't want to listen to the whole 6 min, go to the 4:30 mark. The first that Ron Paul is even mentioned.

Amazing how the very morning of the straw poll, MSM was drooling over how prophetic and incredibly important the numbers were. Now, they are not only failing to mention Ron Paul but are down-playing the whole convention.

I really hate politics.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

It's about the system. Thats just it. It has nothing to do with us because we'll never see him allowed to go far enough for the public to make any difference. It isn't just a political rival, it's the entire system that seems to have a personal grudge against him. We'd sooner replace Obama and set term limits in congress than be allowed to even get to vote either way on Ron Paul at the full national level. He'd win. They know it. It'll never be allowed to play out, whatever that requires. Haven't we seen the ruthless actions enough to be fairly sure the system will find a way?

Really, I'm not being a downer. Just realistic. The sooner we back who can get past the palace guards, so to speak, the sooner we have some CHANCE of beating what they're estimating to be Obama's BILLION dollar war chest. Thats almost insurmountable on the face of it, and he knows it. If he wasn't so disliked, it would be almost impossible..but we need all the time we can get to make this happen, IMHO.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

What the hell is with the phrase "unelectable" that they keep parroting? Jebus! These people make me angry. How is it that people are so #ing STUPID that they can't see how manipulative and scheming the media is in politics? Right as soon as that guy comes out and says that they are intentionally manipulating Ron Paul's image to the public, that stupid # comes out and says the same old line yeah, it's because he's "unelectable"...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

What the hell is with the phrase "unelectable" that they keep parroting? Jebus! These people make me angry. How is it that people are so #ing STUPID that they can't see how manipulative and scheming the media is in politics? Right as soon as that guy comes out and says that they are intentionally manipulating Ron Paul's image to the public, that stupid # comes out and says the same old line yeah, it's because he's "unelectable"...

Yep, the "unelectable" business only works when slow-thinkers buy it. And: It's never a wasted vote when you vote your conscience.

I'd rather go down swinging than buy that hoo-ha and vote for a puppet. Even if he didn't win, I still wouldn't consider it a wasted vote: Doing the right thing ALWAYS carries forward and contributes to future change.

Be Strong: Vote your Conviction!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Well they are correct. Historically this poll has no relation to how the primary's or the main election plays out.

How do you translate this into a conspiracy?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Well they are correct. Historically this poll has no relation to how the primary's or the main election plays out.

How do you translate this into a conspiracy?

It translates as conspiracy when they admit that they gave all of the attention to the person that essentially tied with Ron Paul and ignored him all together. Their reasoning for giving her so much attention was that she won the debate, not that she was likely to win the nomination or the election, just the debate. How is it then that Ron Paul deserved less attention as he was behind Bachman by only 200 votes or so? They admitted that it was because they believed him to be "unelectable" and then agreed that they would all disregard him. That fits the definition of a conspiracy to the T. Did you even watch the video? One of the commentators actually used the phrase, "it's a conspiracy".
edit on 14-8-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
ron paul is an unelectable fringe candidate who would better serve the country in congress anyway. yeah I said it. modern potus candidates are tall, charismatic, from IV league and have model families

that's because they are spokesmen, figure heads and temps, not true power brokers

hasen't nayone notice all the presidents look the same after a year or two ? they age quickly, and become compromisers and militarily aggresive. that's because they are following orders from the corporations, oil companies and banks

could anyone here ever imagine obama bombing libya without congressional approval during his campaign ? he reminds me a lot of bush sometimes

paul won't make it past 3 primaries, and it's the best thing that could ever happen to the guy

if you like paul, pray he stays in congress

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Just goes to illustrate yet again how we take the power of the media for granted.

Whether it is the race for president or something else, whatever or whomever the producers choose to focus on (and most are left or democrats) will get the most attention and therefore the media plays a core role in deciding who or what is taken seriously.

Ron Paul does not have a chance as he is essentially ignored by the media.

They choose to give Bachmann the most positive air time as they obviously think she has little chance of winning against Obama. They are right, as the establishment is very very sexist. I don't believe I will live to see a female POTUS. Hence the lynch mob on Palin, a woman that hasn't even announced yet.

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 14-8-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

At 5:00 the lady said "Rick Santorum broke the golden rule of Republican Debates and that is pretending Ron Paul is invisible."

Is this what you were referring to or just the overall tone?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Ron Paul doesn't have the frigid, metal loving demeanor as the top echelons of the real GOP. He is to some there like Ralph Nader is to our Democratic figureheads, just an unpleasant and inconvenient reminder of the principals you used to have.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

They use makeup and dye to make them look older because it makes the dimwitted populace see them as more dignified. They'll put extra gray in their hair, and use makeup to put extra lines on their faces. With GWBush, they would put dark little lines downward from the corners of his mouth to make him look more "serious". It was painfully obvious in his case, very easy to see, and it's pretty sad they can't find better makeup artists for the president.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I think people should have realised this long ago - that Ron Paul is not going to win presidency because of the mainstream media bias against him. He's like the "ideal" candidate and in theory could fix the majority the problems of the average American, but it is clear that the mainstream want more problems than solutions just for more eye catching news...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I'm Aussie..
ABC radio here today mentioned Bachman winning, then went on to mention Perry,Palin and Romney..

NO mention of Ron Paul whatsoever....

The conspiracy spreads wide.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join