It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Causes of crashed alien craft

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Recently I have watched the Disclosure Project footage and read several threads here on ATS on anti-grav devices. And one thing I have come across in my readings is that for anit-grav devices to function they are best in a vacuum where ther is no risk of arcing or coronal effect.

These devices were designed to operate most efficiently in a vacuum where the electrodes could be electrostatically charged to any voltage without fear of corona effect or arcing.

from www.soteria.com...

So my question is, assuming that these crafts, either human or ET are real, could the occasional crashes be the effect of an accidental overcharge of the plates leading to arcing, causing the craft to malfunction and crash?

And another question I have is this: what power source could provide the needed nundreds of thousands of volts for this type of system? Even a small nuclear reactor wouldn't suffice.

links:
www.abovetopsecret.com... (anti grav thread)

[edit on 8/18/04 by NothingMakesSense]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I heard that Magma/Lava could be used as fuel.
But it's too powerful for us to use for anything as of now.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuerrillaFuunkstaahh
I heard that Magma/Lava could be used as fuel.
But it's too powerful for us to use for anything as of now.

I think these craft have a self-sustaining power system of some sort, but that's just a hunch. I don't think they have to refuel often, like if they used magma.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Recent experiments on the element Bismuth reveal it has certain properties that could actually be useful in a gravitic drive. The gravitic drives used in the UFO craft (ala Bob Lazar's 'sport model', although he was very off in several areas), have a harder time navigating an atmosphere because of the need to use only one of the drive 'engines' in order to not put out too much residual radiation. The resulting reduced maneuvering power cause an instability in some craft and pilots who may not be as skilled at atmospheric navigation can in fact, lose control. Kind of like a rookie driver on his first icy road. In addition, navigating an artificially generated gravity field through an already thick atmosphere causes an enormous amount of friction between the perimeter of the field and the surrounding air. This can cause field and hull integrity breakdown from heat because the field is merely strong enough to move the craft, not the required full strength for interstellar travel.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
how can antigravity work in space when there is hardly any gravity?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
A gravity drive I think would work by producing its own gravity, And in deep space there is no other gravity fields to get in the way.

This is a easy way I picture how I think it would work. Picture a water bed now that water bed will be space. Now if you put a baseball on the bed it wont go anywhere but if you produce a gravity well in the direction you want to go. Use your hand to push down on the bed infront of the baseball the ball should follow that gravity well to its source. Now repeat until you get where you want to go.

Now if you want to see how a huge object like a sun effects space put a bowling ball in that water bed spave is deformed in the same way as the water bed.

As for a blackhole I think we would have to destroy the water bed to show how that would work

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
oh,I understand,it bends space time

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
A few "hard science"-fiction stories have used craft called Gravity Planers.
Everything in the galaxy has a specific gravity, the said craft woulf lock on to a star's gravitic signature and the ship pulls itself towards its destination.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yup, atleast thats how I think it would work. In deep space you would need very little gravity to move a ship but if you fighting a planet's gravity field you require much more gravity to counter the planets pull.

Thats how I picture it working. But I dont even want to think about the energy such a system would use.

[edit on 19-8-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Thats how I picture it working. But I dont even want to think about the energy such a system would use.

what if the energy source was generated by the aliens themselves. what if their power of thought was the energy source. thats how i picture it

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
cool concept, Are you thinking of aliens that are made up of energy or of organic lifeforms that produce their own energy in someway?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

but if you fighting a planet's gravity field you require much more gravity to counter the planets pull.

You would probably have to be away from a planetary systen to engage such a drive, yes.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
cool concept, Are you thinking of aliens that are made up of energy or of organic lifeforms that produce their own energy in someway?

you ever hear people that say we only use 2% of our brain. that 98% of it goes unused but if we were able to tap into the rest of it, we would be able to move mountains and such.

i would like to think that the aliens possess a mind that is far greater than ours.
we tend to think in physical terms. meaning we look for how things work such as engines and laws of physics. we are thinking within the box.

if the aliens are able to use 100% of their mind, then they can create anything or make anything work just by thinking of it.
some say thats how they are able to use the pictures in your head to create false images.

again, this is just a theory i have.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Enrage-

Since I've read Dune, I thought about how the Guild steersman navigated their ships in a manner discussed above. Would you need to alter your conciousness in some manner to move between stars- drugs, meditation, etc. Do you think it possible for a technology to do the "hard part" for you so you would only have to think of your destination and yer off?

[edit on 19-8-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
Enrage-

Since I've read Dune, I thought about how the Guild steersman navigated their ships in a manner discussed above. Would you need to alter your conciousness in some manner to move between stars- drugs, meditation, etc. Do you think it possible for a technology to do the "hard part" for you so you would only have to think of your destination and yer off?

i really think its possible. whether or not it means taking our brains to a stage we've yet to explore that may be a possibility. by stage i mean a stage other than the alpha, delta or theta stage. but i really think for this to even be a consideration, a person will have to have the ability to use more than 50% of their brain. interstellar travel would require alot of focus, concentration and will if the energy source was created just by thought alone

[edit on 19-8-2004 by enrage]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan

but if you fighting a planet's gravity field you require much more gravity to counter the planets pull.

You would probably have to be away from a planetary systen to engage such a drive, yes.

Thats what I was thinking because if not you would need to produce a stronger gravity field then the whole of earth or what ever planet you were trying to land on to take off. In orbit it would require less energy the farther away you got.

About dune I never read the books but seen the movies, There was only one alien race that could navigate deep space and they need the spice to be able to do it right?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

About dune I never read the books but seen the movies, There was only one alien race that could navigate deep space and they need the spice to be able to do it right?

Yes, that's why the rest of the "players" feared the space guild. Power.
and I think that's why there is so much interest in ufos/aliens. "They" supposedly have that kind of knowledge and power at their disposal, that scares the crap out of the "hairless apes" of this world.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Roswell? An anomaly in the Earth's electromagnetic field.Nothing is perfect you see.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Shadow is pretty accurate. A true gravitic drive produces a field around the craft that both inhibits intertia by effectively seperating the craft from the normal energy fields around the shell, and simultaneously produces an effect akin to 'rolling downhill' in front of the craft. This causes the craft to be continually 'rolling downhill' producing exponentially faster acceleration. once the desired speed is achieved, the field is balanced to allow continued movement at the required speed, without further acceleration. Deceleration is achieved in the same manner, just reversed. The strength of the field determines rate of acceleration and deceleration.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by everlastingnoitall
Recent experiments on the element Bismuth reveal it has certain properties that could actually be useful in a gravitic drive. The gravitic drives used in the UFO craft (ala Bob Lazar's 'sport model', although he was very off in several areas), have a harder time navigating an atmosphere because of the need to use only one of the drive 'engines' in order to not put out too much residual radiation. The resulting reduced maneuvering power cause an instability in some craft and pilots who may not be as skilled at atmospheric navigation can in fact, lose control. Kind of like a rookie driver on his first icy road. In addition, navigating an artificially generated gravity field through an already thick atmosphere causes an enormous amount of friction between the perimeter of the field and the surrounding air. This can cause field and hull integrity breakdown from heat because the field is merely strong enough to move the craft, not the required full strength for interstellar travel.

Reminds me of some other thread... Here is a link.

The second post of the thread provides a good link to element 115 (Ununpentium, or Uup) informations, and the rest is discussion. But it is interesting to think that maybe it is possible. There is also mention in one of the links (don't remember and I didn't take time to go back in that in details, sorry) of the Bismuth and of its properties, compared to Uup.

I definitely wouldn't like to go against Amantine on that, because she's so good at what she does in science and maths, but I should only sy this: there is nothing like it now, but who knows about tomorrow? This is what I think is called inventions and evolutions, right? We don't know yet...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join