It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A news bulletin on CNN declares a large hidden object 4 times the size of Jupiter in the outer reac

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
So then it is there????

One day it's on the next day it's a hoax...so I guess this is for real? Where are all the debunkers now?

its bunk and anything from msm is bunk. read the atricle.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
Somethings coming. The question is what and when.~SheopleNation
edit on 15-8-2011 by SheopleNation because: TypO

Yea ,,something is coming, its a huge piece of kaka from our government and MSM ,,which people like you will eat it as if it were chocolate. Mmmm,,yummy

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by XplanetX

I didn't intend to be condescending.
I was pleading for rationality, common sense, critical thought.
I believe this stems from the distrust of NASA,their track record has been tarnished ATS.
Anyway I wanted to know what is causing the increase of asteroids hitting the Earth?or is this considered normal?I'm not science savvy or at least in these areas,and find these threads fascinating(like having to look at a car crash)and couldn't commit either way,but now I don't think there is anything to the Nibiru theory...........So keep us all grounded so nobody loses their mind over planet x,brown dwarf,Elenin,giant asteroid,second sun..ect...ect.............

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1

Originally posted by SheopleNation
Somethings coming. The question is what and when.~SheopleNation
edit on 15-8-2011 by SheopleNation because: TypO

Yea ,,something is coming, its a huge piece of kaka from our government and MSM ,,which people like you will eat it as if it were chocolate. Mmmm,,yummy

Very intelligent contribution to this thread. Are you so blind that you actually believe that nothing has ever hit this planet before, or that something large could be in deep space? Hey knock yourself out. Keep your head stuck in the ground if you wish. What's the matter, did Mommy take away your tinker toys again? ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

At the beginning of the clip he says, "We asked viewers to vote on the news" and I am guessing this was a topic on which voters preferred. The clip does seem cut because it doesn't say what the other choices were, whether it was a choice or whether viewers submitted their own. I highly doubt this is an announcement and if it were, would you really start believing CNN now? Remember; it is no longer "The News" and is now Entertainment.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

It's the mother-ship of all mother-ships containing ravenous aliens earth bound for their "every 15,000 year feed on farmed humans"....

Fortunately for us, sadly for them, their supply ship, with plastic cutlery, white linen serviettes and condiments like HP sauce, is about 5,000 years behind them!

edit on 15-8-2011 by eNaR because: ...added to the humor, which we must have if the earth is going to be decimated by a monstrous object headed towards Earth....

edit on 15-8-2011 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

First things first; I'm both honored and humbled to have you comment on my observation!

I think you have missed my point. I'm fully aware the view of the sun will be uninterrupted. The fact they are acknowledging Elenin and will be changing the projected observation for 2 hours a day to further study what some say do not exist is the point I'm getting at.

I have viewed some of the preliminary shots, however, I have not had a chance to view what you have shared. Thank You for sharing.

It is agreed upon that this will be an extremely significant opportunity to expand our efforts towards Space Exploration and comets in general.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I am not a debunker, but this is not a professional job.
I am not talking about the broadcaster but about the camera.
It is totally unprofessional and fake news.
I dont want to reveal how because that would give them how to make it look like the real thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

So then it is there????

One day it's on the next day it's a hoax...so I guess this is for real? Where are all the debunkers now?

Isn't everything on CNN a hoax??

/sarcasm

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
As soon as CNN says U.S. Special Forces killed Bin Laden everyone calls fake, but when they say a planet X is out there everyone takes it as truth, lock, stock, and barrel. One has to really wonder about who choose to believe what from where, and not a single science reference to why they say it is there, but the shepple don't need science because science lies to them and they are smarter than that. So they will latch onto a spliced portion of a MSM they always say is lying to them. What sense does that make?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I'm not one to jump on any kind of doomsday bandwagon but I do find it interesting what's being uncovered/revealed to us right around the time of that certain date the maiyans thought would be important on their long count...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This comes up periodically. It's a reference to a hypothesized planet in the Oort cloud called Tyche that would explain some pertubations observed over time. It would be incredibly distant from the inner solar system.

They aren't certain Tyche even exists yet, and if it does, it's thought to be 15,000 AU to 50,000 AU away from the sun, far beyond the orbit of Neptune (possibly 500 times further from the sun than Neptune,) with an orbital period of perhaps as long as 1.8 million years. We aren't talking about something that's right at the periphery of our inner solar solar system that could just come "wandering" in as described in Nibiru belief. Also, it should be noted that Tyche is a hypothesis distinguished from the Nemesis theory. This is a planet, not a brown dwarf.

They do, however, suspect that if it exists it may be an origin point for some long period comets.

Tyche
edit on 8/15/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Please don't edit my posts and expect me to respond. I don't do it to you. I quote you in full if I quote you at all. I set up the parameters for the Neptune baloney and you felt it necessary to edit that out of my post. Then you felt it necessary to discredit me by implying I was too young to know anything about Neptune reconfigured. I don't appreciate that either. Stupidity and blindness don't have an age requirement.

As you so willingly prove.

Were you there when the ticker on Voyager was coming in? If you weren't, it's just your opinion and your willingness to believe an entity that has discredited themselves by their bizarre Muslim outreach behavior.

Somehow you've managed to say nothing using many words - again! BTW, to claim it is my opinion is ridiculous. Then again your weird comment about the "bizarre Muslim outreach behavior" needs to be dropped before you get labeled a racist.

I didn't edit your post. Only you can do that. I did not see the need to quote everything you wrote. That would only lead to spamming of the thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Even if it's on the news, not many people will pay attention to the 30+ seconds they gave to it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

So then it is there????

Debunk what? They've had theories about this thing for decades and have been looking for it just as long. The hope has been that if it does exist that the WISE space telescope would find it. WISE went up earlier this year and completed its survey, now they are combing through the data for evidence of this, among the millions or even billions of other objects that WISE is due to discover - both asteroids and comets in our system and stars and galaxies far, far away.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

How soon we forget Hale-Bopp which BTB still doesn't have an orbital period.

Wrong. The period is

P = 2519.9 years

www.oaa.gr.jp...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The point is that there is no need to explain these issues with an unknown planet sized object. The largest objects found out to the Kuiper belt are the known planets and a few smaller Pluto sized objects. Even if Tyche exists it would not explain the chaotic orbits. It is way too far away to affect the other objects including Pluto. Hercolubus is a fictional planet. It is not of interest.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Recalculations of mass at those distances become a question of faith.

Why do you say that? Do you know how it is done?

Now I question everything and put every source under a microscope.

That's an excellent idea. Here is a description of the way it is done.
How to determine the mass of a planet

When you look at this page we see that there are 3 variables to enter: r, G, and T.

G is a constant and can be determined here on Earth.
r and T can be determined through observation

The difficulties in determining r and T lead to issues with determining the mass of the objects in question.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It looks like a well elaborated bogus. The best a I've seen. Fearmongers pulling the wild card, using a space on CNN website for personal reports. Ultimate psy-op! Though, there isn't a single authentic information about this supposed "Professor Mensur Omerbashich". The search box of Cornell's website returns ZERO results on him:

How come someone with such bombastic theories about cosmic bodies causing earthquakes, is not found on his own university???

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Things just really are following to closely to the whole Nibiru story. The Mayans and 2012, Nibiru and 2012. Now comets or small planet or even a gas giant is found.....seems as if we are ever so slightly being prepared.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join