It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A news bulletin on CNN declares a large hidden object 4 times the size of Jupiter in the outer reac

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This was profound, the fact that it it was being discussed on mainstream media, and folks you don't much more mainstream than CNN

Hard to debunk that there is a brown dwarf star/ planet lurking in or toward our solar system.

I argues this point heavily last nite in the 2012 thread about the Russian media discussion of this.

What was I told by Phage and the likes??

That this was rubbish; no such object even exists or could come close to us.

What say ye now????

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

What say ye now????

That you might want to read the first page of this thread.

Nothing has been found.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I get a kick out of all of the hoopla when no one bothers to read the original article. In that article they give the probability of the existence of an object they called tyche. As I recall it was that that much above the flip of a coin.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I say this is an old article that has been discussed to death on here since February. Even when it was first published people misinterpreted what it said. I will summarize what this is actually about. There are two astronomers from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette named Matese and Whitmire. They have hypothesized that there could be a large planet in the Oort Cloud which they have named Tyche. Tyche would be 25,000 AU away and come no closer. As of right now there is absolutely no evidence for the existence of Tyche. Matese and Whitmire stated that if it exists it could show up in the WISE data. To date no such object has been found in the WISE data. That is the extent to this topic.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Seems like a psy-op that's been planned from way back. I don't trust anything of what I hear and only half of
what I see. So much high tech, pre fab, ready mix evidence, available today. You can't even trust your own eyes anymore.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

I say this is an old article that has been discussed to death on here since February. Even when it was first published people misinterpreted what it said. I will summarize what this is actually about. There are two astronomers from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette named Matese and Whitmire. They have hypothesized that there could be a large planet in the Oort Cloud which they have named Tyche. Tyche would be 25,000 AU away and come no closer. As of right now there is absolutely no evidence for the existence of Tyche. Matese and Whitmire stated that if it exists it could show up in the WISE data. To date no such object has been found in the WISE data. That is the extent to this topic.

Who has control of the WISE data?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
How old is this? I notice that the anchor refers to Pluto as a planet still. slip up or old video?

Either way, really really interesting and awesome fine.

Ah, nevermind. the youtube page says it aired february of this year....Oldish.... but Pluto was not a planet.Just a slip up....

Ok,was just kind of curious of the age.
edit on 14-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

Presently, as WISE was a NASA mission they have first crack at the data. After that the data will be available to other astronomers. Of course, now you're going to try to claim that's proof of Nibiru/Tyche. Regardless of your preconceptions regarding NASA, the fact remains that out of the entire astronomical community only two scientists are supporting the Tyche hypothesis and those scientists are Matese and Whitmire, the two who came up with the hypothesis. And on top of that even if their hypothesized object exists it would never come closer than 25,000 AU.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Presently, as WISE was a NASA mission they have first crack at the data. After that the data will be available to other astronomers. Of course, now you're going to try to claim that's proof of Nibiru/Tyche. Regardless of your preconceptions regarding NASA, the fact remains that out of the entire astronomical community only two scientists are supporting the Tyche hypothesis and those scientists are Matese and Whitmire, the two who came up with the hypothesis. And on top of that even if their hypothesized object exists it would never come closer than 25,000 AU.

This guy is from NASA so he must be telling the truth, right?

Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially
denied.
Otto von Bismarck.

Maybe he has not bumped into this bloke?

Both of these men work for the same agency, one is sending a message to the public, one is sending a different message to the employees of NASA.

edit on 14-8-2011 by XplanetX because: typo

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by Komodo

well.. so .. here's my logical thinking.. again..

Why are they JUST saying this now when Hubble as been out there SINCE 1990~!!!!

It's not been seen with Hubble. It's not been seen with WISE either. In fact, it hasn't been seen at all.
And as far as I know, Matese and Whitmire are the only ones that think it exits.

Nope ... they are not the only ones...
and at last check all of the wise data is not scheduled to be released until next year (2012) and also to add, while i do beleive in the possibility of a panet X / Tyche type body in or near ur solar system i am NOT a proponent for "Nibiru"

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
Wow in the article talks about how this star could be the reason we have mass extinction cycles on earth. Who knows, maybe nibru is real.

mmmmmm, no i dont think so, the "plausability" of Oort cloud objects (smaller bodies of ice and rock) being knocked out of thier place in the outer solar system by this proposed body, and subsequently colliding with earth causing mayhem is not the same as Nibiru.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Nomad451

Well, the little snippet of data I just posted is straight out of the Jet Propulsion Labs databases over the past few days. it just so happens I've been working this night and day for a few days to answer this whole thing for myself once and for all...but Check the JPL site. All the objects are there and the dates are what I have listed up there. I have notebooks of this stuff now... ugh..

lol, yeah man, that was me back i march, now i feel like i have a vetted interest in C2010/X1, if i don get good pics (like when i missed Halley's last pass) i gonna be pretty disappointed...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

please refer to the OP of this thread for further reading....

ATS content

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You won't believe it, but here is the real gist of the story from that article:

"Professors Matese and Whitmire first proposed the existence of Tyche to explain why many of these long-period comets were coming from the wrong direction. In their latest paper, published in the February issue of Icarus, the international journal of solar system studies, they report that more than 20 per cent too many of the long-period comets observed since 1898 arrive from a band circling the sky at a higher angle than predicted by the galactic-tide theory.

No other proposal has been put forward to explain this anomaly since it was first suggested 12 years ago. But the Tyche hypothesis does have one flaw. Conventional theory holds that the gas giant should also dislodge comets from the inner Oort Cloud, but these have not been observed."

Astronomers don't know what comets really are. And they don't want to recognize where they actually come from. The so-called Oort Cloud is an invention to account for their origin from within the solar system. That is way off the mark.

Basically, long-period comets come from other stars. The long-period comets they discuss in the article are cometships that come here and return to their stars without stopping. Near the Sun they are inertial bodies and allow the Sun to sling them around to return the way they came. Once at the outer fringe of the solar system, they energize their huge null-mass power units and zip home at plus-light speeds. Almost defies imagination for most of you, right?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I've decided to share this article I found from the Russian Media/Nibiru thread:

Star set to collide with our solar system

and yes, it is from a very credible source.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
reply to post by MJZoo

It was a story from February 15, 2011

So this is basically a rehash of the Tycus discovery...Thanx.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

And your point is? Evidence points stars having passed through the solar system in the past. However, it is not a regular occurrence and Gliese 710 is not going to pass through the Oort Cloud for at least a million years. So, what does it have to do with this topic?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

There is a link in that article that goes to NASAs Astrobiology Magazine that goes a little more in depth in discussing Nemesis. More interesting than that is their detection of a body called Sedna. Here's that link.. It also has the same photo shown in the CNN OP, and they talk as though it is real.

A recently-discovered dwarf planet, named Sedna, has an extra-long and usual elliptical orbit around the Sun. Sedna is one of the most distant objects yet observed, with an orbit ranging between 76 and 975 AU (where 1 AU is the distance between the Earth and the Sun). Sedna’s orbit is estimated to last between 10.5 to 12 thousand years. Sedna’s discoverer, Mike Brown of Caltech, noted in a Discover magazine article that Sedna’s location doesn’t make sense.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

And your point is? Evidence points stars having passed through the solar system in the past. However, it is not a regular occurrence and Gliese 710 is not going to pass through the Oort Cloud for at least a million years. So, what does it have to do with this topic?

Well....

We are basically talking about the likelyhood that this is Nibiru aka Nemesis, not Gliese 710

edit on 14-8-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

What is Nemesis/Nibiru?
The article you reference is talking about Gliese 710. What exactly is your point?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join