It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon 2011-08-15

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Moon 2011-08-15 now i had a better view condition, humidity 87% Time 0 : 15 Equipment Russenton / MTO11CA and 40mm eyepiece.
Have Fun

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
That's so detailed, for a moment I could swear I saw an alien waving lol

In all seriousness. That is beautiful shot. Kudos!
edit on 14-8-2011 by Absco because: typos

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Nice and don't have to tell me about the recent full moon. I was in pain all night last night. The night before, it was my mother. I hate full moons.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalbluco

I hope I'm not intruding by asking but what kind of pain?

The only reason why I ask is because I'm a Cancer. I'm pretty much in love with that girl in the sky. Full moons tend to make my entire existence full of meaning and philosophical thoughts. Once it's gone, I'm useless to society until the next one.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Woohoo I love your videos!!

Awesome! I also want to say thanks for putting decent music with it and not something ear crushing

I still really want to have the equipment you have lol

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
excellent shots! Sadly i used to have a telescope, but it was no use to use at home, I'd have to travel kinda far to get away from city lights.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Is it too much of a co-incidence that the moon rotates at the perfect speed to make it look static on earth?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Nice. Excellent footage. Overall very well done piece.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Absco

I'm also a Cancer. For me, it was six straight hours of an intense migraine. It hit me at 1am and didn't even start to fade away till around 7am. It got so bad that I had to turn off anything that made the slightest sound. I even got paranoid enough to check in the mirror to see if I was bleeding out of my eyes or ears. I took 3 advil, 4 aspin, 3 ibuprofen throughout the night and not one of them relieved the pain even the slightest. On top of that, all the normal aches and pains a full moon gives my family.

My mother was up all night the night before because of her arthritis. Full moon makes it 10x more painful for her.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Is it too much of a co-incidence that the moon rotates at the perfect speed to make it look static on earth?

No, it is very, very common with moons. The majority of moons throughout the solar system are tidally locked to their parent planet.

Tidal locking

And just to emphasize just how common it is:

Moons known to be tidally locked

Back on-topic:

Beautiful video, I always enjoy watching your regular videos of the Moon.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I like this, i film the moon a lot too...

My Channel
edit on 15-8-2011 by Grifter.be because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Thanks all for the great comments
perhaps tonight i will put up the big telescope to look a bit closer to our guardian angel
when i have the opportunity i will upload the video tomorrow, otherwise it will be much to late for me ( Work )

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter.be

supposed to be this :p

top topics

join