It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magician Dan White and the Levitating Monk!.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hay guys and gals this is my first thread, so please go easy on me i did use the search engine and im sorry if it has been posted before!. Search came up with no results.

Wasn't sure where to post this so i thought here would be a good place to start.
Mods if in wrong forum please move to correct one thanks!.

I was sitting at home last night watching the discovery channel and this programme came on called the supernaturalist, where Magician Dan White travels to the Himalayan country of Nepal in search of a dangerous monk, who is said to have magical powers and can levitate during meditation.

so he journey's through nepal in search of this famous monk to which he is not having much luck in finding as no one seems to know where excatly to find him. He finally finds a small child who after showing him some magic tells him to follow him he knows where the sharma is and the sharma has requested to meet him.

After meeting the sharma and showing him substantial eveidence of his magic ability's, the sharma has agreed to take him to this dangerous monk who live high up in the mountian's. They travel two days high up into the mountian where they stay with some people and rest for the night.

The following morning the sharma just packs his bags and begins to leave, Dan asks him where are you going?. and he states he had a bad vision and he refuses to take him any further!. He is now on his own and walks with his camera crew through the mountians and finally finds the orange temple where is 'Dangerous Monk" resides

after meeting the monk and proves to the monk he is very magical himself and ask if he would show him how he levitates during his meditation, which the monk agrees to do but only once!.

below is a youtube clip (if embeding is successful ) of the monk meditating, the good bit really where the monk is successful and does lift of the ground!. This blew my mind if you are into this kind of thing i thought this was amazing and it's crazy if this is for real and people that go this deep into a meditation that this is possible.

I am not claming this is real it could very well be and illusion but even Dan White himself is just amazed at what he and his camera crew witnesses any way enjoy as much as i did

link below to youtube page if embeding fails

www.youtube.com...

also a link to Discovery Channel Video watch section with it on there still can't seem to find the documenrty in full. If anyone out there can find and embed the full show it would be much appreciated as it is defintly worth the watch if you are into this kinda thing

dsc.discovery.com...

www.discoverychannel.com.au... ( link to discovery channel TV listings)

thanks karma

edit on 14-8-2011 by karmajayne because: fingers crossed

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If only he could levitate and it could serve some purpose

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

well yes very true either way i still thought this was really cool it amazes me what humans can do if they put their mind to it

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This one is similar except the lifting part

Hmmm, I would rather see him do it without the robed background. I do believe in the potential abilities of some monks, but after Chris Angel's shenanigans, I need proof.

edit on 14-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I don't understand why he is called dangerous -
he appears to be peaceful and content. I don't
know if this is for real but I wouldn't doubt it
as he has probably meditated and practiced
his entire life. Thank you for the link to Discovery -
the vid just went to youtube.

Peace

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

Perhaps it does serve a purpose that we wouldn't
understand - just saying.

edit on 14-8-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
nvm

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I don't understand why he is called dangerous -
he appears to be peaceful and content. I don't
know if this is for real but I wouldn't doubt it
as he has probably meditated and practiced
his entire life. Thank you for the link to Discovery -
the vid just went to youtube.

Peace

thankyou yes i think i should edit that out that's why i put "dangerous monk" as he was not dangerous at all i think that was just the legends about him as it is like chinese wisper's but through the whole documentry they made him out to be very intimadating but in reality he was very kind and sinceare, and sorry im still new to all of this i have had help from a U2U, yet i can still not get it to work driving me mad lol

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
This one is similar except the lifting part

Hmmm, I would rather see him do it without the robed background. I do believe in the potential abilities of some monks, but after Chris Angel's shenanigans, I need proof.

o wow i hadn't seen that very clever yet they monk in the vidoe wasn't holding anything hmmm,
although the magician in the video said he askd him to stand back, so there must have been something he didn't want him to see, but still think he did a awesome job even if it is an illusion

thanks again

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
What a big load of balls, seriously tho, i mean doesnt your brain just tell you that straight away.

Give it alittle thought then slap yourself if you still believe the silly old man.

I am sorry if i sound rude but it really just feels this way for me.
This guy could be a trillian air with `magic` like this.
edit on 14-8-2011 by CharterZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The only thing I have seen thus far, that I think is the real deal is this:

As the subject admits, this kind of stuff is held in secret by the groups/people that can really tap into the human potential, and this is why, imo, there is not more evidence available to the masses.
He is using chi, aka as bio-electricity, which the existence of in each of us is irrefutable(bio-electricity that is)

Peace,
spec

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
The only thing I have seen thus far, that I think is the real deal is this:

As the subject admits, this kind of stuff is held in secret by the groups/people that can really tap into the human potential, and this is why, imo, there is not more evidence available to the masses.
He is using chi, aka as bio-electricity, which the existence of in each of us is irrefutable(bio-electricity that is)

Peace,
spec

thanks for that will watch now!. and yes i mean if held this secret i wouldn't want to share it with the world, these people spend years and years of practcing and meditation to aquire the skills they have.

and thanks ahve not heard of that i will read up on it now i really apprecitae the input im sorry i am taking awhile to reply i am at work at the moment

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by karmajayne

Aw, there is no time limit for responses, we do what we can when we can. Don't let ATS's addictiveness interfere with your work though now.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

awesome i was trying to do both but it help me pass the long quiet day's at work, i know this place is really addictive sometimes lol my partner can't stand it tbh.. but thanks again for all your help friend

top topics

join