It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something R-Frequency and E-Class this way comes!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

I know a few hams.

What freq range are we talking? Do you know what we are even looking for?

For no other reason than to do it, this sounds kinda fun!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I call it all a hoax, the OP said he would be back by the 11th of august and he still hasn't logged in again on that thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

Because hes not on time, makes it a hoax? lol

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Well after reading through all the comments in this thread, I have to say that there has been a clear cut case that's been made. Lots of resources, links and opinions in this thread. My only questions are...

1. If all negative RH blood types will be affected, what about the positive?

2. If we're supposed to be hearing something from the passing of Elenin, what exactly will we be listening for? Natural disaster, global pandemic, Terrorist attack (would be good timing for the tptb to initiate another phase of their plans)

With those 2 questions asked, I can't say I have much input. I'm sure someone else out there has more questions they want to ask...

Also, Starred and flagged. Keep up the good work people.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

NAVSPACECOM An organization for coordinating U.S. Navy space-related systems, established in 1983 at the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Dahlgren, Virginia. Naval Space Command develops and operates space technology such as satellites for use in shipboard communications, meteorology, and reconnaissance. Read more: www.answers.com...

according to the Oxford Dictionary of the US Military
edit on 15/8/11 by beltemps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

If you don't like conspiracies, alternative theories, and interesting stuff; why did you even register here?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Back in the '70's I really looked into these unknowns (I was in the Navy stationed at NAS Lemoore and a Member of VA-215 attack squadron on the USS Oriskany)

I tried like hell (indirectly without bring to much attention to myself) to get some info but hit brick walls.

I do know that flying triangle type craft (that could zip frome horizon to horizon in less than 10 seconds from the observers point of view on the ground) I saw were around pre-1968- I saw one that blew my mind in Falls Church,
VA

Fly over my head at a speed that wasn't possible at that time for a jet..no sound..(I had been around bombers B-52's flying from Guam Anderson AFB to Nam and all types of jets bla bla bla observed lots of tech.

anyway..I know there's been a secret program going on and for along time...

It is probably 50 years or more ahead of what we know now. I tried for years while in the Navy and working for a top (two) defense contractor, to get some info...but it is in the "dark" to the Nth degree.

I would not be surprised at all if we had a "black" space program. Not at all.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

But, the fact remains people...the 'Naval Space Command' either existed/exists...and we have no way of finding out...

You could just go to their web page:

www.au.af.mil...

It appears that after 1995 they changed their name to "Space and Naval Warfare Command," or "SPAWAR," a much zippier name:

www.public.navy.mil...

In addition to being fanciful, the author of this hoax is not up to date.

Edit to correct spelling error. There is no such thing as "Earfare."
edit on 15-8-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
reply to post by DJW001

If you don't like conspiracies, alternative theories, and interesting stuff; why did you even register here?

to debunk everything and everyone in sight... there's nothing to write on all those scientific blogs... a debunker among debunkers isn't much fun, I guess...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

I detest conspiracies, so when I see a group of people conspiring together to mislead gullible innocents, I do my best to expose them.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I detest conspiracies, so when I see a group of people conspiring together to mislead gullible innocents, I do my best to expose them.

That's a noble cause but what if people who come here don't wanna be saved...? what if they come here to feast on conspiracies...? I mean this IS a conspiracy prone site and people are hardly innocent... the title, subtitle and google description says it all...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by beltemps

That's a noble cause but what if people who come here don't wanna be saved...? what if they come here to feast on conspiracies...? I mean this IS a conspiracy prone site and people are hardly innocent...

You are perfectly welcome to feast on all the conspiracies you want. Feel free to ignore facts and reason if you want. Just because you're not innocent doesn't mean that there aren't those here who are. Some people come here sincerely looking for truth. I find it appalling that others would want to lie to them.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
I call it all a hoax, the OP said he would be back by the 11th of august and he still hasn't logged in again on that thread.

maybe his Vimana ran out of gas on the way back from Canis Major?

oops, that would be the (Indian) kashmir high Space command, not to be confused with the High space command of Kashmir

nice post OP, this is the type of juicy stuff we love to log in and read

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
My mom works on a naval base and they have a huge building with SPAWAR on it, she has a few friends that work inside. They do testing on weapons and submersibles last I heard.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Some people come here sincerely looking for truth.
reply to post by DJW001

Are you really saying that every conspiracy out there is a lie??? conspiracies are as old as humankind.

imho almost every conspiracy deserves a research, a discussion and a consideration... depends on the arguments... but saying that a conspiracy per se is a lie... Wow, not exactly what I would call open minded...

no offense...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Geofrooop

Around the 14.250 MHz range it seems. Do you need more info?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beltemps

Are you really saying that every conspiracy out there is a lie???

Absolutely not!!! The problem is, very few of the threads here deal with actual conspiracies. I have never seen a thread about "The Family," a shadowy fraternity of right wing charismatic Christians planning on forcing Christian Theocracy on the United States. No-one even seemed to notice Viktor Bute's extradition and the "Affaire DSK" burned out with hardly a glimmer. Instead, we're treated to countless threads about how Comet Elenin is really a brown dwarf star. That is complete fabrication, and it might cause people to do foolish things. Look at this thread. Do you see any reason at all to think that it is anything other than a fifteen year old boy writing a "Ricky Rocket Space Ranger" fantasy?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Do you people really believe this stuff? this case is yet another case of "I-know-all-but-I-give-absolutely-no-proof" type of stories. The internet had a lot of stories like that, the prime example being John Titor.

The method used by these hoaxers is very simple:

1) pick up a conspiracy site that does not have too many sceptics and there are lots of gullible posters - they do not want their story to be debunked right from the start. If this was legitimate, the guy would have chosen the path of TV to make his revelations, in order to reach a wider audience, not only conspiracy advocators.

2) tell a story that is crafted so carefully that it does not contain anything that can be verified. I am always amazed that these grandiose stories never contain a single verifiable element. These stories contain a lot of facts from real life, but these facts are there to enhance the story's truthfullness, and they are not connected to the imaginary parts of the story in a way that can be confirmed or denied. The most classic example is Titor's IBM computer: the computer is real, but its role in the story cannot be verified. In this case, the author uses the scientific elements of real asteroids and revevant missions to enhance the story.

3) never answer the most important questions, fearing their own lives will be taken. Well, since they cannot reveal any information, why do they bother? the "my-life-is-at-stakes" trick is a very nice and cheap trick to avoid any answering any importan questions.

4) they always throw a "this-advanced-technology-can-solve-all-the-world's-problems" bit, in order to make us develop some sort of hope that this story better be true. Hope is a very strong emotion and can act as a blindfold - as it is obvious in the case of Obama: many Americans developed hope that Obama would solve America's problems, but we all now see that was far from truth.

I have seen countless stories such as this one. But I have never seen the slightest bit of evidence.

One particular problem with this story is that Elenin is a sub-light-speed spaceship, while we humans have already developed FTL travel. Isn't it ridiculus? if these aliens are more advanced than us, they should have visited us with spaceships that travel with FTL speeds, not in horribly slow comets. On the other hand, if these aliens are not a advanced as we are, this story becomes a lot less interesting.

Conclusion: it is a hoax, Elenin is a normal comet, and there is not a Naval Space Command.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

good comeback...

I didn't say I believe the story of this buzz lightyear character... but you have to admit that no 15 year old kid could pull off that story... the guy has at least a some solid knowledge of future space programs and actual agencies (actually I didn't know navspacecom exists or did exist)

and sure the 10 % of me that want to believe this story are located in the same section of my brain that is cheering and shouting when I see a good scifi movie... wishful thinking...

as someone said earlier it's very similar to the john titor story or art bell's famous frantic caller interview... probably hoax but wouldn't it be cool if it were true...?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by highfreq

Communications from planetary (and asteroidal, and cometary) probes utilize the Deep Space Network. It does not operate in the ham bands and by time the signals reach Earth they are very weak, requiring a good sized dish to gather enough of a signal to be usable. Pretty much outside of the capabilities of most hams.
deepspace.jpl.nasa.gov...

That's not the biggest obstacle.

I'm a radio ham, and can tell you I've monitored space coms from the space station, Mirr, shuttle, ISS etc. I've listened to the space shuttle leaving and returning to earth, astronauts in the space suits, orbital recovy etc. etc. etc.

Anything of interest however is impossible to decipher and listen to, and digitally encrypted, I can asure you, a top secret mission would not be using analogue communications in the clear, that's for sure, and monitoring their comms would take a bit more than your average ham IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join