It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something R-Frequency and E-Class this way comes!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
(Incidentally, comets do emit radio and other frequency waves. When the ions in the coma and tail fall back to their ground state, they release the extra energy in the form of photons. Most of this radiation is from hydrogen and hydroxyl radicals. Hydroxyl radio emissions are at 1612, 1665, 1667 and 1720 MHz in the 18cm wavelength band. Source. These are not frequencies Ham radio operators generally frequent. In any event, comets are not very "loud.")

Hey good post, though I would disagree on some points...

The problem with Ham radio operators here, most are not into radio astronomy, you do not need a Ham License to listen to the heavens, however some astronomers are ham operators. The person you would be looking for is a radio astronomer.

Anyway, the point of the OP is NOT emissions from molecular clouds or water vapor, the freqs you posted may very well be true, however as a comet reaches closer to the sun a range of sporadic energy would be giving off. It would be silly to not listen on the lower freqs.

Just a thought///
I believe OP said the comet would be in the Ham bands or something along those lines, therefore you would not listen outside a ham radio receiver or listen to natural emissions outside these bands, that part does sound crazy... but that's how it is.

edit on 16-8-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

the oppinion of static electricity in the universe differs among scientists just like most things in the universe. but you have always been known to be a skeptic and MOST the time are right about things you say, trying to take you down is like fighting a brick wall with an apple.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Daygone23

its ok dude, just use one hundred billion apples, the wall will crumble

on topic, i do have a radio scanner, where i am you do not need any license to LISTEN to radio waves, the license bit comes from TRANSMITTING on those radio waves, and only some of them require licensing,

here are the frequencies ranges i am able to receive
25.0000 - 512.0000 MHz
758.0000 - 823.9875 MHz
849.0125 - 868.9875 MHz
894.0125 - 960.0000 MHz
1240.0000 - 1300.0000 MHz

the "Ham" Range in my area is typically around 144.000 to 148.000 MHz. easy for me to monitor that range whenever the time comes, however if it is outside that range and no one knows what its frequency is then it is kinda hard to monitor all 25.0-1300.0 frequencies takes many minutes for the thing to cycle through that many and the odds of it catching a transmission in the short time it spends on each freq + the long time it takes to circle through them all and back to check it again, its unrealistic unless your trying to find a strong loud and constant transmission

so i really need a specific frequency

each specific frequency mentioned by posters in this thread i will add to my scanners list of freq's to monitor

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Back in the '70's I really looked into these unknowns (I was in the Navy stationed at NAS Lemoore and a Member of VA-215 attack squadron on the USS Oriskany)

I tried like hell (indirectly without bring to much attention to myself) to get some info but hit brick walls.

I do know that flying triangle type craft (that could zip frome horizon to horizon in less than 10 seconds from the observers point of view on the ground) I saw were around pre-1968- I saw one that blew my mind in Falls Church,
VA

Fly over my head at a speed that wasn't possible at that time for a jet..no sound..(I had been around bombers B-52's flying from Guam Anderson AFB to Nam and all types of jets bla bla bla observed lots of tech.

anyway..I know there's been a secret program going on and for along time...

It is probably 50 years or more ahead of what we know now. I tried for years while in the Navy and working for a top (two) defense contractor, to get some info...but it is in the "dark" to the Nth degree.

I would not be surprised at all if we had a "black" space program. Not at all.

What would be the purpose of having a program going so long that you have to hide? You can't openly use the craft 50 yrs ahead of its time, what would be their purpose?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
the "Ham" Range in my area is typically around 144.000 to 148.000 MHz.

Don't mean to sound crazy or stupid but that kinda stood out to me. Ties into the old prophecy quite nicely in a very unexpected way.

2nd

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

In which way? What prophecy?

I love commonality, coincidences and the like.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Can't remember which one but it involves 144,000 and everyone on ATS assumed that it meant a certain group of people would be saved in the End Times amounting to that number as said in either the Bible or some other book or story passed down through the centuries.

Seeing that ham radio frequency stuck out at me, if only I could remember the full paragraph with that number in it that resonated with me.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Can't remember which one but it involves 144,000 and everyone on ATS assumed that it meant a certain group of people would be saved in the End Times amounting to that number as said in either the Bible or some other book or story passed down through the centuries.

Seeing that ham radio frequency stuck out at me, if only I could remember the full paragraph with that number in it that resonated with me.

this one?

14170.19 kHz

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

14170.19 kHz is usually referred as 14.170 MHz.

He's talking about 144.Mhz
Maybe he's saying 144,000 Israelites will miraculously become devout believers in Jesus, as the comet sends it's massage on 144.Mhz?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

No I meant the bolded frequency that was posted that said specifically 144.000mHz or kHz or whatever.

It says in the prophecy something along the lines of 144,000 will be spared during the End Times and I got to thinking, maybe it's thanks to the 144.000mHz (or whichever) frequency we'll know what's coming and be "saved" (from what I don't know, merely speculating)?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Interesting enough, maybe someone can tune into that frequency and see what comes this way?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

No I meant the bolded frequency that was posted that said specifically 144.000mHz or kHz or whatever.

It says in the prophecy something along the lines of 144,000 will be spared during the End Times and I got to thinking, maybe it's thanks to the 144.000mHz (or whichever) frequency we'll know what's coming and be "saved" (from what I don't know, merely speculating)?

Either way great thinking, it could be 144,000 doesn't represent Jews but a frequency! Who knows, great theory on your part. That would be 144.000 Mhz

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Thanks for correcting me and man, I hated trying to recall that damn thing on a brain freeze there. Felt stupid for a minute not being able to remember it lol

But yeah, something clicked and if it helps any way possible then even better for humanity even if it's a dead end.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience

=================================================================================
So what I can gather from this is that E class asteroids are flat im shape, are very rare, and have the ability to hold water and absorb materials. Sounds almost like an aircraft. They are basically Enstatite (which is similar to all that talk about (44) Nysa years ago...Now Enstatite is made of Magnesium and is one of the few silicate minerals that have been observed in crystalline form outside our Solar System, particularly around evolved stars and Planetary Nebulae such as NGC 6302. Enstatite is thought to be one of the early stages for the formation of crystalline silicates in space and many correlations have been noted between the occurrence of the mineral and the structure of the object around which it has been observed.

Interesting! So you are saying that Elenin could be a trick sent by cosmic kitsunes to absorb Bogey One and take it away from me and the Sun?
Well, now that I know that, maybe I won't shoot at Elenin finally eh!? What should I do? Shoot or no shoot?
Let the Earth to its fate and do nothing or act and loose my beloved Bogey One for another 25,000 years?
...and the plot thickens...lol

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I probably shouldn't include a you tube link for copyright reasons, but check out at least the start of the Star Trek TNG episode "Masks", S07E17 (think I got the episode number right)

The story is centred around a comet which is actually a high tech library, encased in ice, etc, over it's long lonely journey in space. When the Enterprise gets near, it starts transmitting...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
All the theorizing and conjecture on this moving object are great however I always find experimenting with the known data the only way to get my own answers.

Can we get a frequency posted here that can be monitored that would be the first step.

Yes and yes

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

The passage you are referring to is in the Bible. It is Revelation 7:4.

And I heard the number of them which were sealed: [and there were] sealed an hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Be Well
edit on 8/17/2011 by Bishop2199 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Would S.E.T.I (now that it's up and running for a wee while) be able to hear anything from this if it does send out some sort of signal?

Don't know anything about Ham radio, just curious to know.

Peace

S.E.T.I up and running again.
edit on 17-8-2011 by ryanuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Very interesting. Great post!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bishop2199

144 000 is also a Baktun, which is a 20 Katun cycle of the Maya long count calender (144, 000 days). *Spooky*

CC
edit on 17-8-2011 by CrazyCloud because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join